List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkleyfan

Debutant
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thought it would be good to keep a list together of where all our ex listed players are. Off the top of my head:

Magin - Bendigo VFL
Jolly - Glenelg SANFL
Caddy - Geelong AFL
Moss - ??
Coad - ??
Iles - ??
Flanagan - ??
Fraser - Goulburn Valley League
Hine - North Melbourne AFL
Hickey - St Kilda AFL

Where have the questioned players ended up? Approaching 2013, they should have a team lined up by now...would guess Moss will quit footy, Coad may retire or go to Sturt, Iles and Piers likely to VFL.

Lock - Box Hill VFL
Stanlake - Retired, playing Cricket
Krakouer - Retired
Daye - Subiaco WAFL
N.Ablett - Werribee VFL ?
Crawford - Southport QAFL
J.Stanley - Aspley QAFL
Tippett - West Adelaide SANFL
Harris - Retired, Landscaping
Ah Chee - South Adelaide SANFL

Anyone I am forgetting from both years? Matchu

Iles has join box hill again.. I'm filthy that we didn't re rookie him

If i were Isles and i was cut from the list then offerred a Rookie spot i am not so sure i would accept it as it would be a bit of a slap in the face.

If i were Isles and i was cut from the list then offerred a Rookie spot i am not so sure i would accept it as it would be a bit of a slap in the face.
least he is training with an afl club.. and if we had injuries like last year least we know he could come straight back in..
i think its a slap in the face that he got delisted to be honest.. he didnt have a bad game like some.

least he is training with an afl club.. and if we had injuries like last year least we know he could come straight back in..
i think its a slap in the face that he got delisted to be honest.. he didnt have a bad game like some.

That is the thing though, he wasn't even playing when we had the injuries. I was really hoping that he could get back on a list and have the type of year most of us know he is capable of to prove Clayton, bluey and co. wrong.

Beats me why Sammy is not still on our list.
If he is back at Box Hill that would be good for him. I think he loved it there before and would still have friends there. I hope Hawks look at him and pick him up 2014. He got 1st B&F there before you grabbed him. A quality player, harshly treated by us....

Wow, how does a star like Iles miss out on another AFL opportunity? Thought clubs would be lining up for his services? Tazweigen will be devastated!! :p

Bagging out your own former player, and easily one of the best performed as well (demonstrable fact). Classy.

Bagging out your own former player, and easily one of the best performed as well (demonstrable fact). Classy.

Don't think he was bagging him out, think he was serious mostly.

As much as I don't think Iles is a superstar but definitely a good player (dime a dozen I might add) I was actually really surprised he didn't get another gig. Great hole filler for someone like Port.

Don't think he was bagging him out, think he was serious mostly.

As much as I don't think Iles is a superstar but definitely a good player (dime a dozen I might add) I was actually really surprised he didn't get another gig. Great hole filler for someone like Port.

Neither do I. That is what is called a straw man. It is when your opponent falsely represents your argument, and then counter argues against that misrepresented argument instead of your actual position. I never once said Iles is a star, I just said he is a good B grader and was one of the better Suns in 2012 based on performance. Which really is true, I challenge anyone to go back and watch the games, look at the stats, or read the reports to verify that.

There are a number of players in the VFL that are AFL quality. It is not surprising to me that Iles wasn't picked up, although I agree that he would be a good player for most clubs. He isn't a KPP, or a ruck. There are lots of players who can play Iles position, and his age was going to count against him. There haven't been many 25+ players who get recruited that aren't KPPs/Ruckmen, so it was always going to be hard for him to get a gig elsewhere. I was more surprised Uncle Sam Lonergan got another shot, he's 25+ guy who has less talent than Iles, but I guess that tough inside mid role is getting more valued these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a number of players in the VFL that are AFL quality. It is not surprising to me that Iles wasn't picked up, although I agree that he would be a good player for most clubs. He isn't a KPP, or a ruck. There are lots of players who can play Iles position, and his age was going to count against him. There haven't been many 25+ players who get recruited that aren't KPPs/Ruckmen, so it was always going to be hard for him to get a gig elsewhere. I was more surprised Uncle Sam Lonergan got another shot, he's 25+ guy who has less talent than Iles, but I guess that tough inside mid role is getting more valued these days.[/quote]

I reckon Tazwegian's above comment is pretty spot on regarding Illes.

He give everything he has when he crosses the white line, and the difference between his best and worst is minimal because he works so hard. I always think it is poor form and disrespectful to trash a player when they are delisted. Also, no one could ever doubt his courage and endeavour on the field.

Unfortunately age, size and a squeeze on the Sun's list didn't favour Illes. However he should be remembered for giving a 100% in his time at the club.

Neither do I. That is what is called a straw man. It is when your opponent falsely represents your argument, and then counter argues against that misrepresented argument instead of your actual position. I never once said Iles is a star, I just said he is a good B grader and was one of the better Suns in 2012 based on performance. Which really is true, I challenge anyone to go back and watch the games, look at the stats, or read the reports to verify that.

There are a number of players in the VFL that are AFL quality. It is not surprising to me that Iles wasn't picked up, although I agree that he would be a good player for most clubs. He isn't a KPP, or a ruck. There are lots of players who can play Iles position, and his age was going to count against him. There haven't been many 25+ players who get recruited that aren't KPPs/Ruckmen, so it was always going to be hard for him to get a gig elsewhere. I was more surprised Uncle Sam Lonergan got another shot, he's 25+ guy who has less talent than Iles, but I guess that tough inside mid role is getting more valued these days.

Ahh, it all makes sense now, Iles is a Tasmanian, did not realise that. In all honesty most of what you said is a fair assessment, thought Hinkley may have took him to Port

I agree, Turtle certainly got the best out of himself, worked 100%, never shirked and won the pill more than you would think. Obviously not a match winner, but a true working class dependable player. If anything let him down, it was his disposal - his efficiency rate doesn't actually support this I think (sorry, I don't have the exact stat), but when he did turn it over, I recall some howlers. Having said that, Turtle was not the only one guilty of this....lack of a KP and age also worked against him in the end...

Mcqualtar will be a gun for sharks. Stoked hes staying on gc, obviously likes theplace.

You dont get a game for st kilda in an afl grand final if you cant play. Suprised suns didnt retain him for depth...

Mcqualtar will be a gun for sharks. Stoked hes staying on gc, obviously likes theplace.

You dont get a game for st kilda in an afl grand final if you cant play. Suprised suns didnt retain him for depth...
he lives up here now.. thats y we signed him as a rookie

Ok interesting, wonder why he moved up as he has no qld jnr roots. Joins Jake Crawford at Southport.

Ok interesting, wonder why he moved up as he has no qld jnr roots. Joins Jake Crawford at Southport.
his gf moved up here.. he wasnt playing footy and gc approached him to become a mentor/player for the reserves.
he ended up playing when we had really bad injuries, he was elevated to the senior list.
i think with the addition of murphy really didnt need him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back