List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gee May has had just about the worst start to a new club I think I’ve ever seen.

How the hell was this bloke captain of our club? Has absolutely no professionalism or respect for the position he is in. No wonder we didn’t put up a fight to keep him around.

Got full of himself (pardon the pun) and did shameful slimy deceitful behaviours and got caught.
Then he was ostracised and run out of town by quality people.
Net result is he’s gone off the rails and is lost at the moment.
And we get pick 6.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Matthew Lloyd

“He’s a massive concern,” the champion forward said on 3AW.

“He’s turning like I maybe would as a 41-year-old and that’s a really big sledge but unless he can mark or get it lace out … he’s a liability at the moment, Tom Lynch.”

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Matthew Lloyd

“He’s turning like I maybe would as a 41-year-old and that’s a really big sledge but unless he can mark or get it lace out … he’s a liability at the moment, Tom Lynch.”

This night just gets better and better. A Monday night. Glorious.

And we got pick 3 for Captain Bedwetter who now RICHmond are discovering is a myth.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Matthew Lloyd

Robbo in the Herald Sun hasn’t missed him either tonight.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Seriously though, the bloke was having a couple of Sunday arvo beers, hardly worth being hung for.
He’s been criticised for rolling up unfit and is still doing rehab. It’s just a bad look and questions his decision making & lack of professionalism more than anything

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Would you be happy if lachie Weller arrived over weight unfit get injured upsets the playing group miss half the season and goes for a Sunday session after giving a top draft pick away for him?
If he was out till 2am in the morning, yeah probably, but in his own time on a Sunday afternoon minding his own business having a couple of quiet pints with some mates (even if one of them was Gorringe :p ), I honestly don't see a massive issue here.

But he is probably learning quickly that he could easily have a quiet weekend pint on the GC and be ok. In Melbourne, where everyone is football mad and everyone has a camera phone, things are a little different.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Seriously though, the bloke was having a couple of Sunday arvo beers, hardly worth being hung for.

The incident in isolation would not be an issue and compared to what some other AFL players would’ve been doing over the weekend he was probably being a saint.

But May has already come under scrutiny for not being a professional and now he has been caught drinking while in rehab which I would’ve assumed was a league-wide no-no. All while his new club has been struggling on the field and he’s letting them down by not being there after they gave up quite a bit to bring him in to their defence. So they have to at least look like they are coming down hard on him if nothing else.

It’s like when reports always come out about Harley being seen getting on the p*ss. Yeah it’s not an outrage, but people are watching your every move and are just waiting for you to slip up more to bring you down. Just stay out of the limelight.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If he was out till 2am in the morning, yeah probably, but in his own time on a Sunday afternoon minding his own business having a couple of quiet pints with some mates (even if one of them was Gorringe :p ), I honestly don't see a massive issue here.

But he is probably learning quickly that he could easily have a quiet weekend pint on the GC and be ok. In Melbourne, where everyone is football mad and everyone has a camera phone, things are a little different.

The issue is they gave up pick 6 and he’s played 69 minutes out of 7 games

Arrived over weight
Been suspended
Injured
In rehab
hamstring/groin issues
Being paid more than some of their better players

If he was fit and playing there’d be no issue players go out drinking all the time

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
The incident in isolation would not be an issue and compared to what some other AFL players would’ve been doing over the weekend he was probably being a saint.

But May has already come under scrutiny for not being a professional and now he has been caught drinking while in rehab which I would’ve assumed was a league-wide no-no. All while his new club has been struggling on the field and he’s letting them down by not being there after they gave up quite a bit to bring him in to their defence. So they have to at least look like they are coming down hard on him if nothing else.

It’s like when reports always come out about Harley being seen getting on the p*ss. Yeah it’s not an outrage, but people are watching your every move and are just waiting for you to slip up more to bring you down. Just stay out of the limelight.

You are probably right in the wide scheme of things it isn't a great look, but I just don't to have to listen to some bloke taken over the hot coals over something (I think) is minor, others probably see it differently, so be it.

My issue would be what loser is sitting at the pub taking a sneaky photo and then sending it on to a media outlet with a timeline of how long he was at the pub and who he was meeting. Get a life...

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hardly being hung, he has to apologise, maybe be fined, get criticised and we get to have a good laugh.
He will be fine.
You could be right.

Though I'll let my Melbourne peak hour Tuesday morning commute decide.

Always a bunch of nuffies on talkback radio will make a big deal out of it.

Though, don't worry the slight enjoyment factor I am getting out of it isn't lost on me ;)

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
You are probably right in the wide scheme of things it isn't a great look, but I just don't to have to listen to some bloke taken over the hot coals over something (I think) is minor, others probably see it differently, so be it.

My issue would be what loser is sitting at the pub taking a sneaky photo and then sending it on to a media outlet with a timeline of how long he was at the pub and who he was meeting. Get a life...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Tom Morris himself. I imagine that’s how he would spend his Sunday afternoons.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Apparently heavily tagged, but agree it could be a decent stint for him. VFL type of football does not suit his strengths at all.
If he can't outwork a VFL tag... tells you all you need to know.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Just doesn't give the illusion that he is doing everything to get back on the field ASAP and make up for his poor conditions on arrival.

Back