List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Certain Aaron Hall signed a three year contract . (lucky North)
Every year people argue about the length of player contracts, but nobody really knows apart from the club, the agent and the player. My best guess is that Hall has a prove it option that he and North could agree to for extra years. A common example is for players to have for than 50% of possible senior appearances, or simply a negotiation at season's end to extend. This move hasn't gone well for him and you'd have to be very optimistic to predict him in North colours next season based on what he produced which was arguably his worst to date.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Every year people argue about the length of player contracts, but nobody really knows apart from the club, the agent and the player. My best guess is that Hall has a prove it option that he and North could agree to for extra years. A common example is for players to have for than 50% of possible senior appearances, or simply a negotiation at season's end to extend. This move hasn't gone well for him and you'd have to be very optimistic to predict him in North colours next season based on what he produced which was arguably his worst to date.
You'd have to think there'd be some hefty performance based clauses embedded there

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Saw an article today that Bennels time at the Dockers is over, no surprises and they were very patient with him and it will be interesting to see if he plays WAFL next year or gives the game up
Not sure what he has looked at for post footy but hope he has some plans

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Mays been arguing on-field with a teammate:

One of my pet hates at the moment is how many players the media label "stars" or "superstars"
They've just called bloody Sam Frost a 'star' in the title of that piece haha
Mason Cox called a star on one of the AFL talk shows that I watched for 5 minutes.

Stars should be the top 5-10% in the league and super stars the top 1-2%
That is 4-5 stars / team and 1 super star per team.

Obviously Collingwood has a few more than we do.. but you get what I mean.
Every 2nd guy gets labelled as a star.

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One of my pet hates at the moment is how many players the media label "stars" or "superstars"
They've just called bloody Sam Frost a 'star' in the title of that piece haha
Mason Cox called a star on one of the AFL talk shows that I watched for 5 minutes.

Stars should be the top 5-10% in the league and super stars the top 1-2%
That is 4-5 stars / team and 1 super star per team.

Obviously Collingwood has a few more than we do.. but you get what I mean.
Every 2nd guy gets labelled as a star.
young gun or star are the only words used

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I swear its just to pump up their own tires - If Sam Frost is labeled as a star - then Jordan Lewis is a superstar - join the ranks of the media 'superstars' like David King. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I’ll say it again.
Get a job over here and play for Southport so he trains on a lighter load with a more balanced life.

If everything goes well then Mid-Season Draft back to playing for The Beautiful Little City.
You’re not concerned by his “associates”. And the possible impact on the Suns new culture?

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Of all the guys that we let go out the door you would think Jarryd Lyons is the happiest, 3 year deal and going to play finals, where both his previous clubs, us and Crows are going backwards.
36 disposals/9 tackles/a goal /140 SC points
3 Brownlow votes
But not suited to Stewys gameplan
Good luck Jarryd

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Of all the guys that we let go out the door you would think Jarryd Lyons is the happiest, 3 year deal and going to play finals, where both his previous clubs, us and Crows are going backwards.
Speak for yourselves. We are not going backwards. But yes you should have not let this guy go

CH Jazz

Team Captain
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Speak for yourselves. We are not going backwards. But yes you should have not let this guy go

From grand finalist to non-finalist to (at best) making up the number in September certainly isn't going forward with a selection committee intent on leaving the kids in the SANFL....

There are at least 4 golden pass players in our current 22 that aren't fit to carry Lyon's boots.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

The 26-year-old prefers not to look back at last season when Suns coach Stuart Dew, fixated on his perceived shortcomings with his outside run, put a black line through his name.

“I’m not being disrespectful but I knew I was going a bit better than how they (Suns) saw I was going.
“I was carrying a bit of an injury last year which affected my outside running and spread, so I can understand why they said that. But I had the surgery and I knew I was going to bounce back.’’

“It wasn’t so much them kicking me out as me seeing the writing on the wall,’’ Lyons said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back