List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times can you keep saying that but? Brodie? Lyons ? Martin ? Ellis ?
I think at the end of last year it got put to the players that if you don’t want to be here, we’ll pay for your cab

Obviously he and Dew didn’t get along and he wanted out - simple

I think at the end of last year it got put to the players that if you don’t want to be here, we’ll pay for your cab

Obviously he and Dew didn’t get along and he wanted out - simple
I thought the role of a coach was to extract the very best from every player
We all make mistakes in life and our jobs
I think if Stuart had his time over he might have worked a bit harder with Lyons

I thought the role of a coach was to extract the very best from every player
We all make mistakes in life and our jobs
I think if Stuart had his time over he might have worked a bit harder with Lyons
Do you really think Dew would change anything if he had his time again ?

Like Jarryd Lyons said in that article during the week.

Dew was fixated on His perceived shortcomings with his outside run, and spread and his ball use.

Whereas Fagan saw elite ball winning, clean hands and a great footy IQ.

Dew is currently doing the same thing with Will Brodie.

If Dew wants to keep his job and be successful he will need to change a few thing up and learn how to take feedback and that his way of coaching might not always be the best way.

Do you really think Dew would change anything if he had his time again ?

Like Jarryd Lyons said in that article during the week.

Dew was fixated on His perceived shortcomings with his outside run, and spread and his ball use.

Whereas Fagan saw elite ball winning, clean hands and a great footy IQ.

Dew is currently doing the same thing with Will Brodie.

If Dew wants to keep his job and be successful he will need to change a few thing up and learn how to take feedback and that his way of coaching might not always be the best way.
You could deal with guys like Barlow and Lyons running around in the 2's if there was evidence the guys playing ahead of them had an upside over theirs but that has never been the case
Or even if you got some explanation of why
We've seen it since day 1 at the Club where guys like Wilkinson and Sumner (possibly 2 of the worst footballers ( and I use that term loosely) to ever luck out into AFL careers)got games over players like Warnock and Stanley
I'll go back to Jared Brennan and Sam Iles too who could play but obviously weren't 18 yo Rivers of Gold
There was always this perception, and it permeates every Club not ours, that every 18yo taken above pick 30 in the Draft is going to be a superstar so he should be played at the expense of the mature bodies
It's wrong and we have proved that year after year after dreadful year
The 18yo's develop amongst veteran hard bodies, not as a collective group of frightened kids going out against men
Iva Bigun and I may have been censured repeatedly about saying this from 2011-2015
You can't re-invent the wheel in sporting development , especially if you're trying to do it in tin sheds in a frontier town

Watching Lynch tear Port a new one kind of pisses me off. Once in a generation talent just entering maturity and he leaves. It would be like Carey leaving North at the same time in his career. No premierships or success for North after that. It’s clear we’re either going to fold or the AFL has to think of someway to rectify the situation. There’s no point starting a rebuild every five years if the players are just leaving.

Watching Lynch tear Port a new one kind of pisses me off. Once in a generation talent just entering maturity and he leaves. It would be like Carey leaving North at the same time in his career. No premierships or success for North after that. It’s clear we’re either going to fold or the AFL has to think of someway to rectify the situation. There’s no point starting a rebuild every five years if the players are just leaving.
Lynch ain’t even in the same country as Carey.

So Craig Cameron has to take the heat for letting Lyons go for nothing because Dew can't get the best out of the talent he's been given.

History seems to be repeating with Brodie.

The club needs to desperately find an experienced 'handler' for Dew (e.g. Roos, Richardson) before he *s us over of another talent due to his lack of man management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Craig Cameron has to take the heat for letting Lyons go for nothing because Dew can't get the best out of the talent he's been given.

History seems to be repeating with Brodie.

The club needs to desperately find an experienced 'handler' for Dew (e.g. Roos, Richardson) before he fu**s us over of another talent due to his lack of man management.
Did you hear Dew post game RE: Brodie?

Gave him a fair amount of praise for his efforts today.

Seem pretty cut up about him hurting his hammy.

No, I was watching Lyons light up the Roos for the Lions.

I'm not a Brodie apologist but words are cheap, pick him earlier in the season instead of pissing down his back now and tell him it's raining.

I understand your point to an extent.

But Lyons has stepped up big time since the opposition has started targeting Neale. He’s now been best on ground 2 weeks in a row.

View attachment 712228View attachment 712229
Yeah everyone is targeting Neale and not him, at the suns he was getting targeted as he was our premier ball winner. He has it easier at the lions

too little too late in my opinion.
The way I read it Dew has finally realised he f***** up with Lyons and now Brodie and he’s now under huge pressure to keep his job

Putting this out there now to read the room, who out there want Dew to be sacked at the end of the year? Because a few people on here seem like they want him right out the door right now.
As a new coach he'll make mistakes and he has.
He's inherited a very ordinary list with the majority who can't kick or keep possession even when under no pressure.
He's as safe as houses and they might get someone into help him thats about it.
The talk of him being under pressure is just nonsense

As a new coach he'll make mistakes and he has.
He's inherited a very ordinary list with the majority who can't kick or keep possession even when under no pressure.
He's as safe as houses and they might get someone into help him thats about it.
The talk of him being under pressure is just nonsense
Agree, we comfortably have the worst list in the league and the fact our first half of the year was so competitive is a big tick. The kids all out of legs now and it’s gonna be a limp home as we are missing so much Best 22 talent. Anyone expecting anything more then what we have had this year is grossly overrating the list

Putting this out there now to read the room, who out there want Dew to be sacked at the end of the year? Because a few people on here seem like they want him right out the door right now.

Not sacked but I am concerned by selections as they have been baffling at times.

Maybe he thought he could win Brodie back over if he played him the rest of the year. Now he may have to get down on his hands and knees and and beg Brodie to stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back