List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

No sorry. I don’t keep track of who says what, etc.

I thought you were one of the fans that continually defends Dew for letting Lyons go.
How many times does it need to be said, we had salary cap issues last year due to the fact we have had to overpay players to keep them and the ability to cut Lyons and bring in miles on a much cheaper salary is why he was let go. The club has come out and said this as well

Not sacked but I am concerned by selections as they have been baffling at times.

Maybe he thought he could win Brodie back over if he played him the rest of the year. Now he may have to get down on his hands and knees and and beg Brodie to stay.
Brodie is a much better player than this time last year.

How many times does it need to be said, we had salary cap issues last year due to the fact we have had to overpay players to keep them and the ability to cut Lyons and bring in miles on a much cheaper salary is why he was let go. The club has come out and said this as well
I understand he was on a fair wedge. But he wasn’t moved during the trade period, and the club would have to have factored in his wages when trading in the other players it did bring in.

Plus he was out of contract at the end of this year, so it’s not like you’re saving money in to the future.

I said it many times, Brodie issue is not he cannot play, he is too one dimension, always injured his hammy. You can play him in the middle but he keep on injured his hammy.

I understand he was on a fair wedge. But he wasn’t moved during the trade period, and the club would have to have factored in his wages when trading in the other players it did bring in.

Plus he was out of contract at the end of this year, so it’s not like you’re saving money in to the future.
I don’t care to be honest, we have an abundance of inside mids and If you guys are happy with Lyons good for you. He is still a turnover merchant bye foot and was a lazy *er here so he isn’t missed

My club have said they were happy to keep him but on exposed form from last year he wasn't guaranteed a game. If he did stay and performed like he has this year then yes definitely he would've been in the team. When the Lions offered a 3 year deal it was a win-win at the time.
He's definitely played some really good games, but he's played some ordinary ones as well. 9 clangers 3 weeks ago from his 20 disposals sums him up. He's hot or cold.

Not sure where this supposed rift between dew and Brodie has stemmed from

Kid obviously had some areas to work on to earn his senior spot, and has hung onto it ever since. Good on him for digging in and proving his worth.

It’s the same for every player on the deck including 2MP and others that have been dropped back.

Has anyone actually got inside word that he’s unhappy and wants to leave? Or is it purely based on team selection?

Last edited:
So you’re saying you gave away your best ball winner?
Please be mindful of how the tone of your questions come across on a rival board that's clearly hurting emotionally. Ta.

Not sure where this supposed rift between dew and Brodie has stemmed from

Kid obviously had some areas to work on to earn his senior spot, and has hung onto it ever since. Good on him for digging in and proving his worth.

It’s the same for every player on the deck including 2MP and others that have been dropped back.

Has anyone actually got inside word that he’s unhappy and wants to leave? Or is it purely based on team selection?
I honestly think it's because of team selection, When most forget that when healthy we fill the role he plays with better cattle and one has one arrow in his quiver.

If you mental gymnastics hard enough you can make a vendetta against anything sound like the truth.

Please be mindful of how the tone of your questions come across on a rival board that's clearly hurting emotionally. Ta.

I honestly think it's because of team selection, When most forget that when healthy we fill the role he plays with better cattle and one has one arrow in his quiver.

If you mental gymnastics hard enough you can make a vendetta against anything sound like the truth.
Same as Brisbane fans that have a short memory of the gun players that have walked from their club over the years.

I get that we didn’t get any compo for him, but at this stage of the rebuild it’s more important we have cattle that want to be here than bitching about selection and rotting the team from the inside.

I’ll say it again.
Get a job over here and play for Southport so he trains on a lighter load with a more balanced life.

If everything goes well then Mid-Season Draft back to playing for The Beautiful Little City.

I'm a long way behind on his thread but I actually like the idea.

Don't actually remember letting any guns walk to the Gold Coast. Rischa comes closest and we had no say in that. Doesn't really compare to Zorko or Lyons.

His post didn't mention "guns walking to the Gold Coast"........but players who have left.....Headland Yeo Docherty Polec etc. Do those names resonate with you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great.
We are all very happy for Brisbane to get a great deal from us for Lyons.
We might have stuffed up but good on the Lions.

Now go away.

Or have you forgotten what it was like when your team stunk up the joint not that long ago.

Also, some of the posters and posts popping up these days on this topic are making me look forward to the time when the Lions can't keep all their good young players under the salary cap. Because one thing we know for sure, the Vic clubs will be all over the managers of those good young players. Big money offers, the lure of less travel and big crowds.

We also know that most of the time, all 4 northern clubs have to pay the 'northern' tax to keep their non-local players. We don't get too many discounts to stay. I don't really want that to happen, but happen it will. The only question is whether I take any perverse pleasure out of it. Starting to think I will.

Not forgotten at all. You guys need and deserve help and I think most Lions supporters recognise your position only too well. I look forward to the day when our clubs have a genuine rivalry borne from playing each other in finals.

You could deal with guys like Barlow and Lyons running around in the 2's if there was evidence the guys playing ahead of them had an upside over theirs but that has never been the case
Or even if you got some explanation of why
We've seen it since day 1 at the Club where guys like Wilkinson and Sumner (possibly 2 of the worst footballers ( and I use that term loosely) to ever luck out into AFL careers)got games over players like Warnock and Stanley
I'll go back to Jared Brennan and Sam Iles too who could play but obviously weren't 18 yo Rivers of Gold
There was always this perception, and it permeates every Club not ours, that every 18yo taken above pick 30 in the Draft is going to be a superstar so he should be played at the expense of the mature bodies
It's wrong and we have proved that year after year after dreadful year
The 18yo's develop amongst veteran hard bodies, not as a collective group of frightened kids going out against men
Iva Bigun and I may have been censured repeatedly about saying this from 2011-2015
You can't re-invent the wheel in sporting development , especially if you're trying to do it in tin sheds in a frontier town
With u all the way. This club seems unable to recognise the one type of player we desperately need. Mature, hard in and under bodies with clean hands. Lyons had all that and yet we pissed him off to NEAFL. Brodie the same and others as u mentioned. Our recruiting overall hasn't been good and our awareness of good talent even worse.

Does anyone else get a kick out of seeing May's face after another losing game? He left us for success only to go to a club 17th on the ladder.
:tearsofjoy: way to funny!
If you read the puff piece that came out today he was decent enough not to lay the boots into us
It's pretty obvious that due to relationship issues he felt he wanted to get back to Melbourne but he makes it pretty clear it's been tough, his family thought he was mad to leave and specifically he said the whole skin fold saga "Gold Coast players are unfit" related to us wanting him bigger to wrestle the forward Gorillas.Melbourne wanted him lighter and more agile.
He's had a tough upbringing and who knows, next contract he might be back!

Brodie 100% wants to stay at Suns
So l'm told.
I've been very critical of Brodie but he's become a much more rounded player now. He wouldn't have done that without having to work for his spot.

I also love his resilience. He seems to want to stick around and prove himself.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back