List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Steven May getting things right off-field has improved his on-field performance apparently
Never seemed like a really happy guy during his time with us
I don't really hold May in the same disregard as Lynch because he left for non-football/non-financial reasons to an unsuccessful Club
I don't wish any success on Melbourne :pbut I hope this bloke who's overcome challenges all his life does finally get it right
May Happier

He was run of town and deservedly so. He’s not a Bedwetter.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How much did idiot head Silvagni stump up for McGovern and Martin again?
Both would be taking close to $2M a year from the salary cap
On the other hand we got Ellis and Greenwood
Feel the produce,compare the value ;)
The Mitch McGovern deal has got to be one of the worst trades of the past 5 years.
They traded 2018 pick 26 and 28 and Shane Mcadam for him.

2020 stats

Mcadam: 10 matches - per game stats: 8.4 possessions, 3.3 marks, 0.8 goals, 0.3 GA, 2.9 tackles
McGovern: 9 matches - per game stats: 7.7 possessions, 3.7 marks, 0.9 goals, 0.8 GA, 2 tackles

Mcadam in his first year, McGovern in his 6th.

These guys could have all been taken 25 - 45 in 2018
James Rowbottom, Tom Sparrow, Will Hamill, BJ Williams, Laitham Vandermeer, Justin Mcinerny, Curtis Taylor
Rowbottom, Taylor + Mcadam would be pretty handy on their list right now.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Jack Martin playing like sh*t again lol
...Excuse me for a moment

xltoMt.gif

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Gary Ablett dominating at Metricon in September.

Something that didn’t happen in 2010-19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 27-year-old – who was last embroiled in a COVID breach on the Sunshine Coast to mark the end of his season – has posted on Instagram to declare his playing days are done.

“Best 10 years of my life,” he wrote, with photos from his time at Gold Coast, Fremantle and Melbourne.

“Thank you to everyone that was involved. It was an awesome ride.”

Bennell had been suspended for four games by the AFL and the Demons were fined $50,000 after he was found to have left the team’s hub without permission and engaged in a lengthy drinking session ahead of the team’s final game of the year.

Its a real shame it has come to this.

His career has boiled down to two things.

Injuries.
Off field incidents.

One of those things you can control.

All he had to do was behave and he would have gotten another contract. Clearly once he started drinking again, that was the spiral toward the end.

Former Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna has admitted he wasn’t keen on the signing of former NRL star Karmichael Hunt.

Hunt quit the Brisbane Broncos to sign a lucrative three-year deal at the Suns in July 2009 and spent a year playing rugby union in France while under contract.

The cross-code athlete wasn’t the type of player McKenna was after when tasked with building the expansion club's list ahead of their inaugural season in 2011.

“I’ll be honest, I wasn’t keen (on signing Karmichael Hunt),” McKenna told SEN Breakfast.

“Because I was a young coach, we had a big list and I kept saying to our recruiting people, ‘We need everyone that can play’ and we had the smallest coaching group.

“I didn’t want to take Ken Hinkley away from coaching our fellas to have a special project in Karmichael Hunt.”

Hunt went on to play 44 games in four seasons with the highlight his after-the-siren goal to help the Suns beat Richmond in 2012.

“He was there, he was fantastic, he was a big body that we just desperately needed,” McKenna added.

“But I would have loved a big body that actually spent his time in football, not gone off and played rugby league.

“He ended up playing 44 games, so he served his purpose on the field and off the field. We had fantastic community support thanks to K.”

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Harley will remain in the top 5 most entertaining players I have watched for some time and he brought some absolute magic and enjoyment to the games at Metricon.

But geez, what could’ve been....

If he hasn’t settled down after everything has been through in the last 10 years, I don’t hold much hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back