List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Those first two seasons he was a star
KK was our best ever half back in his second year IMO. Pretty much playing at an AA standard IIRC. Was just awesome. When he missed games we really felt it.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure how many people are aware of this but Malceski will be coaching Labrador's senior QAFL team next year. Let's hope he has more luck with them than he had with our NEAFL team!

While I'm on the topic, it appears our former NEAFL coach Steve Daniels will continue as Southport head coach in the VFL next year with two other former Suns employees in Matthew Primus and Matthew Lappin continuing as assistant coaches for Southport. Although things don't always work out for us with these guys, keeping them on the Gold Coast at the local level has a lot of benefits. Hopefully a few more end up in the QAFL.

Last edited:

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Also on the VFL, Michael Barlow is the new coach of Werribee. That makes it two former Suns as head coaches in the VFL with Josh Fraser at the Bullants

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
KK moved back to Gold Coast

He is ramping up his work for his business, Settler’s Insect Repellent, a company he owns with brother Jake and sister Emma, while he is laying the groundwork for a fitness venture he plans to launch on the Gold Coast in the coming 12 months.

He is a long way from the position he found himself in during his first season in the AFL, where the Suns made a charge for the finals in 2014.
It was the best year Kolodjashnij had, as the Suns struggled with cultural problems and performances.

“I never really (knew) what it was like to be in successful cultures which is a bit of a bummer,” he said.
“I have my twin brother Jake at Geelong who has been consistently playing finals.
“Even talking to him around what they do compared to what we were doing at the Suns, it was pretty much the complete opposite.

“It was all back on the players; they trusted their players and they had old wise heads there. It was generational … carried down from past players whereas the Suns didn’t have that.
“Even the difference between how they ran meetings. It was quite open and player driven whereas no one really spoke up or thought they had the authority to speak up at the Suns.”

Kolodjashnij believes it was the wrong decision to axe inaugural coach Guy McKenna but is convinced the club, under coach Stuart Dew, is on the right path.

“The boys are starting to mature and coming into the prime of their careers,” he said.
“I see them playing finals very soon, if not next season. It’s quite an exciting time and I’ll be following them closely.”

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heron to join Roos in quest for AFL
Cairns Saints product Jacob Heron has decided on where his best chance for a second crack in the elite AFL system will come from in 2021.

Jordan Gerrans
December 23, 2020 - 5:04PM
The Cairns Post

CAIRNS Saints product Jacob Heron has decided North Melbourne’s VFL outfit will be his best chance for a second crack in the elite system.
The 21-year-old was delisted by Gold Coast following the 2020 AFL season, after 13 games across three years.
After a lengthy process deciding where his best location will be to land a second crack in the big time, Heron has settled on the Kangaroos in the revamped VFL for next year.
The speedy utility also considered Geelong in the VFL over the past few weeks, as both clubs had been keen to bring him in for their 2021 programs.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bocky to play in the AFL Townsville competition this year for the Northern Beaches Suns. Despite being 37 years old you'd have to assume he's going to dominate up there if he takes it seriously.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heron to join Roos in quest for AFL
Cairns Saints product Jacob Heron has decided on where his best chance for a second crack in the elite AFL system will come from in 2021.

Jordan Gerrans
December 23, 2020 - 5:04PM
The Cairns Post
Interesting.
I just don't see him as anywhere near AFL level but wish him the best.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
1610088871891.png

Back