Where are they now? (the last 10 years)

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow congrats and good luck Sam.

Can we laugh at the Saints for not even having some basic photoshop skills in-house? Can't remember the last time I saw a Player welcome tweet with the player wearing an opposition jumper.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Peter Labi (former rookie) is playing at Roxburgh Park in the EDFL.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's a name I had forgotten about. We recruited him under one of the AFL's whizz bang recruiting schemes. Hadn't exactly set the world alight in the QAFL, so was highly unlikely to make it at AFL level. I will keep an eye on the EDFL results to see how he goes.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
There's a name I had forgotten about. We recruited him under one of the AFL's whizz bang recruiting schemes. Hadn't exactly set the world alight in the QAFL, so was highly unlikely to make it at AFL level. I will keep an eye on the EDFL results to see how he goes.
When did he play? I have no recollection of that name.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
When did he play? I have no recollection of that name.
Wikipedia tells us that we recruited him from PNG on an international scholarship as a 17 year old in 2009. At best he may have played with the NB Development team, but the only footage I have seen of him was playing for Mt Gravatt in the QAFL.

A google search details that he has fallen foul of our Immigration Department & is very fortunate not to have been deported back to PNG.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Wikipedia tells us that we recruited him from PNG as an international scholarship as a 17 year old in 2009. At best he may have played with the NB Development team, but the only footage I have seen of him was playing for Mt Gravatt in the QAFL.

A google search details that he has run foul of our Immigration Department & has been very fortunate not to be deported back to PNG.
That helps I remember us recruiting a player from PNG. Not hard to run foul of our Immigration Department.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Last edited:
we interviewed wablues own david ellard last week on the wa blues breakfast with the blues 9am Saturdays on 91.3 sportfm and he is enjoying playing out his footy at Swan Districts but the clock is ticking for Carlton's greatest 46

Back