Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

A place to wonder what happened to the heroes of yesteryear. From the obvious to the not so obvious.
Here's an article that has a small selection to start us off.
http://www.goodmad.com/302111/13-shocking-wwe-wrestler-retirement-stories/

Here's a couple that are included. To kick us off...

MFmtd6k.gif

Ahmed Johnson.

wwe16.jpg

I'm pretty sure those Twinkies are photoshopped in, which is kind of hilarious and sad, but the picture is in the article anyway :p
To sum up though, in the wise words of Big Poppa Pump...

Haven't heard much about Ahmed these days. Wiki tells me he's one of the many wrestlers suing the WWE though.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts
wwe8.jpg

We all know about the struggles of Jake Roberts, from his troubles with drugs and alcohol to being saved by DDP. There's also a great documentary out now about him. The Resurrection of Jake the Snake. It's good s**t. Check it out.

And one more for the OP which isn't included in the article but is always good for this stuff is financial planner Spike Dudley.
20120724_Spike3_642.jpg

Is Adam Bomb your favourite wrestler of all time? What's he up to these days?

WWE really tried to make Ahmed Johnson a star in the '90s. Had an Intercontinental Championship reign back when that meant you got storylines. Now nobody who hasn't watched '95-'98 stuff (at the time or years later on WWE Network/torrents) would even know he existed. Think his tendency to get injured and mostly the crowd not being too enthusiastic was what ended him.

Remember when they used to care what the audience thinks?

Xmlk6.gif

Last edited:

Remember Mason Ryan?

Was a part of the Nexus, inducted by CM Punk.

upload_2016-9-23_20-56-2.jpeg

He is now performing for Cirque Du Soleil in their Las Vegas show "Ka".
I'd just bought tickets for the show, then remembered that he was working for them. Googled his name, and sure enough, he was in Ka.

20160216_masonryan_1920x1080--df8f8431f630b13af3b6b127fcd311b9.jpg

I might remember it wrong but Ahmed was over-af during his 1st run ?
Sadly he was al.so fragile-af.

Pretty sure he was bad news backstage though , knew he was getting a push and got a big head.
Can't remember who he did it to but he hit his finisher ( Pear River Plunge ) on the ring steps at an IN YOUR HOUSE.
Possibly Farooq but then i heard he joined the nation - nek minnit was in WCW and joined Stevie Ray to form the new Harlem Heat.

Also -

I might remember it wrong but Ahmed was over-af during his 1st run ?
Sadly he was al.so fragile-af.

He definitely stood out as someone who looked to be a future star at the time.

Possibly Farooq but then i heard he joined the nation

Which made no sense since they were feuding previously. (although I can't remember the storyline explanation, if there was one)

nek minnit was in WCW and joined Stevie Ray to form the new Harlem Heat.

oh yes, Big T. Or given the shape he was in, Big (gu)T. Feuded with Booker T over the letter 'T'. (can't make this crap up). You know your tag team is rubbish when you're relying on Stevie Ray to be the workhorse of the team.

Apollo Crews is Ahmed 2.0 without the injuries.

Pretty sure he was bad news backstage though , knew he was getting a push and got a big head.

In Mick Foley's book (the one everybody read) he said Johnson said "Ain't gonna let no bitch hit me" when talking about the prospect of wrestling Chyna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how come sean o'haire never made it reading different places people thought he would be a star and future world champ. what went wrong

It was apparently Bischoff who was going to base the new WCW around him. He wasn't as good as people thought he was. He couldn't deliver the promos in WWE (although the video packages were very good), and he had an attitude.

It was apparently Bischoff who was going to base the new WCW around him. He wasn't as good as people thought he was. He couldn't deliver the promos in WWE (although the video packages were very good), and he had an attitude.

So had Potential but never lived up to it then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back