Analysis Where are we actually at as a club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez some miserable bastards on here, Club gets slammed for trying to make an atmosphere then gets slammed again for not.

Saints are coming song
slow stkilda chant
goal songs
player chants

all we hear is the moaning

instead try get behind it instead of moaning about it, and we wonder why no one shows up.

Jeez some miserable bastards on here, Club gets slammed for trying to make an atmosphere then gets slammed again for not.

Saints are coming song
slow stkilda chant
goal songs
player chants

instead try get behind it instead of moaning about it, and we wonder why no one shows up.
I actually seem to be one of the few who appreciates the corny player chants but I also don’t think the match day experience is really that important to how much I enjoy the games. I won’t hate what they do but it’s not worth worrying about. If we win people will come and be happy

Saints are coming song
slow stkilda chant
goal songs
player chants

I think that is a touch unfair, I would hope most who post on this forum are St Kilda supporters and not here just to create trouble.

Most people have different views to how our club can be successful.

Some love the game day experience, some don't.

The bottom line is our team isn't performing as well as we hoped on the field.

No matter what we do off the field, it can never replace that winning feeling.

I think that is a touch unfair, I would hope most who post on this forum are St Kilda supporters and not here just to create trouble.

Most people have different views to how our club can be successful.

Some love the game day experience, some don't.

The bottom line is our team isn't performing as well as we hoped on the field.

No matter what we do off the field, it can never replace that winning feeling.

Die hard fans will turn up regardless, you need to Crete something for the ones that are less passionate and those with kids and potential future fans. I ended up with a Melbourne united membership because I enjoyed going to a game and had a good time. I didn't get to another game but game day experience is huge in sport now. You are competing with TV, streaming and other entertainment.

Die hard fans will turn up regardless, you need to Crete something for the ones that are less passionate and those with kids and potential future fans. I ended up with a Melbourne united membership because I enjoyed going to a game and had a good time. I didn't get to another game but game day experience is huge in sport now. You are competing with TV, streaming and other entertainment.

What's the true meaning behind so many St Kilda people starting to support other codes and clubs such as the Melbourne Storm and Melbourne United?

What's the true meaning behind so many St Kilda people starting to support other codes and clubs such as the Melbourne Storm and Melbourne United?

I like going to Storm games because you get the sense that the whole city is behind them. That can be refreshing. As for Melbourne United, the quality is not great nor is the atmosphere. Following these teams is not confined to Saints supporters. if sport is entertaining people are going to go.

I like going to Storm games because you get the sense that the whole city is behind them. That can be refreshing. As for Melbourne United, the quality is not great nor is the atmosphere. Following these teams is not confined to Saints supporters. if sport is entertaining people are going to go.

I like the basketball. It's not as good as NBA but it's a decent standard and good vibe. They pack the fans in. A League sucks....well if you follow City anyway.

Time was, I was going NBL since SE Melb Magic fans organised a bus trip and I went "eh, why not". Sure, no money back then from the league and all folded soon after foir like rebrand 4, but, hey got a year out of it and a fan experience going into the stadium to then you know, enjoy the game and go home sated.

AFL wise they can, but they also have to "this is netball" the start and "how do we fix what we broke?" so the spectacle is kinda atrocious game wise. So you need that experience, for me, that's as much outside the ground as it is inside since then people want to be there and spend the time doing it.

Good idea, having our headquarters off an island in the Mediterranean sea would definitely open us up to an entire new European audience. Stuff the 'Port Melbourne to Portsea' club motto, why not Ireland to Istanbul.

Good idea, having our headquarters off an island in the Mediterranean sea would definitely open us up to an entire new European audience. Stuff the 'Port Melbourne to Portsea' club motto, why not Ireland to Istanbul.

I'll go ahead as an AFL ambassador. Santorini maybe.

Yes and no. It costs a lot to go to the footy these days and takes hours of your time. It's a huge commitment. Most on here probably wouldn't question it as we are the most devoted fans but for many fans it's a hobby.
Food and drink adds up. 10 bucks a midstrength is absurd

Moorabbin’s already pretty far out from the city. I wish I could get down to watch training more often.
It's a 10 minute walk to the station.
Just wonder how many of the other fans and members from Bayside and further out would’ve gone down there though. I went about three times from the SE suburbs and it was a real schlep.
For me Seaford was a train and a bus.
Moorabbin is two trains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The $3 million in debt paid off announced today is a good result for the club !.

Hopefully can keep chipping away at it over the next 4-5 years and bring it right down.
Excellent news to hear - Have a feeling being home will hold us in good stead especially with the Danny Frawley centre/bayside area etc

The $3 million in debt paid off announced today is a good result for the club !.

Hopefully can keep chipping away at it over the next 4-5 years and bring it right down.
Great news indeed, but not entirely unexpected. Thanks to Covid it pushed our 2020 Membership earnings into the following financial year which means we will effectively be reporting 2 years worth of memberships at the same time.

Great news indeed, but not entirely unexpected. Thanks to Covid it pushed our 2020 Membership earnings into the following financial year which means we will effectively be reporting 2 years worth of memberships at the same time.

Yea I remember this was raised at the AGM

It is very good news....and as you say not entirely unexpected.

It does make me wonder what the "profit" number will be this year.

As the accounting gurus on here say........the all important number to keep an eye on is cash flow.

Im not big on the match day experience but seeing as i rarely get over there ill take what is on offer
After all we are now in a digital world and need to be entertained in short bursts 24/7
But
Remember when u got to the footy early to catch the end of the ressies?
I miss that kinda footy

Get me a pre game game
kids, auskick, b grade,,
******* something

:laughing: The trials and tribulations of coaching the Saints! Some old Sainters might know this story.Have heard it a couple of times from old timers.

Reckon Alan Killigrew who coached in the late 50's attempted to run through and burst open a door addressing the players to show them determination and resolve. But he wasn't told somebody had locked and bolted the door . And he seriously came off second best.

Talking about Game Day experiences.
I live in SA, I was lucky enough to be in Melbourne town, and got to go and see the Saints beat the Eagles, this year.
I remember, I reckon it was in the third quarter and the Eagles had just kicked a goal to go about 33 points up...the crowd was silent, a Saints supporter started yelling at the top of his voice for the team to show some character, with some very colourful language...from that moment on the Saints got on a roll and won the game.
Carlisle played a great game in the ruck against Nic Nat that afternoon.

Talking about Game Day experiences.
I live in SA, I was lucky enough to be in Melbourne town, and got to go and see the Saints beat the Eagles, this year.
I remember, I reckon it was in the third quarter and the Eagles had just kicked a goal to go about 33 points up...the crowd was silent, a Saints supporter started yelling at the top of his voice for the team to show some character, with some very colourful language...from that moment on the Saints got on a roll and won the game.
Carlisle played a great game in the ruck against Nic Nat that afternoon.
Yep, I was one of the 14,000 odd there. Great night-great atmosphere- great result .
You don't want to miss those - kick yourself if you stay home. 👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back