• England

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm a nomad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On a serious note, there's a shot load of people that barrack for Victorian clubs over here. Many as you'd know, barracked for sides back in the VFL days and never decided to follow the Crows. So, you're not that unique! :p
I know, that is exactly how I ended up following Geelong.

Some bloke called Ablett also helped get me over the line.

Of my family, only my mum (who isn't really footy mad) switched her allegiance from the then-Footscray to Adelaide upon the Crows formation.

My Dad, for years, maintained he was a Collingwood supporter but eventually became more of an Adelaide fan.

My brother is still very much a Hawthorn supporter.

We were a licorice allsorts family when it came to supporting sides here in Victoria.

In the SANFL I followed West Torrens because my Dad did (he took me to games as a kid - a more traditional indoctrination) while my brother followed Centrals because my Mum did and her parents also lived in Elizabeth (doggies heartland).

It's near Rezzavore. :D
One of my wife's girlfriends moved over to Melb for work a couple of years back. They talk a lot on Facebook and when my wife mentioned that her friend "met a lovely guy over there, he's from a suburb called Reservoir" I quickly responded by telling her that it's not called Reservoir, it's Rezzavore! She was like "What! NO... I think that you're confused with another place".

This is all from the same woman that thinks Cranbourne shouldn't be pronounced Cran-burn and that Melbourne is pronounced wrong as Melbin. :D

Last edited:
Where do i start…
I share my greater metropolitan area with 13 million close personal morons that live here too. Oh, and its a s**t HOLE. Read a thing the other day that LA's SKID ROW area now spans some 57 square block area near downtown LA. Awesome…….

It takes me about, on average, 17500 kms to get to KP - and in total time about 24 hours door to door. Ive never done that actually yet so its a guess and about anywhere from 1300 to 2000 bucks for the privilege.

I watch every game live on the international subscription service and try to make 2-3 games a year. Also hit the VFL when I get the chance.

Born and raised in Melbourne and occasionally noted on KROCK. Been a Cats fan since about 1979 ish. Not that there was any doubt but a certain #5 sealed the deal.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm an other

Cape Breton Island on Canada's East Coast.

j4R55Y6.jpg

A little slice of home that I made earlier this winter

What about those born outside Vic who not only support Geelong but also moved to Geelong to call it home :D
I was going into that category a few weeks ago. Seriously considered buying a house in Newtown, but bought one in Sydney instead.

I was born + bred in Sydney, but moved to the NSW Central Coast, to get away from Sydney, which is just a horrendous place to live now. + hopefully I have bought a home, my offer was accepted on Friday + I'll be moving to Uralla, which is on the NSW Northern Tablelands, between Tamworth + Armidale. I will be one of two Geelong Cats supporters in Uralla lol I try to get to as many Geelong games as I can + have made the most wonderful friends through footy.

Back