WHERE ARE WE AT? WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Remove this Banner Ad

You are hypocritical and you can't even see it. Read over what you re saying. Also, not once have I mentioned being in flag contention, reality swung past you a while ago

Well if you claim we're not in flag contention, then why are you in a rush to throw green players in the ones? What will that achieve? What's the point?

For mine far better to develop em in the twos - you didn't have to say you think we're contending, throwing the greens into the ones for no reason says as much.

So are we contending or not? Make up your mind, but hey I'm the hypocritical one. :drunk:

We need some very clear thinking over the next 24 months and hopefully Graeme Wright Derek Hine and the Board stay the course with all list management decisions
We are rebuilding and need to stay the course and not take any short cuts
And appoint a new coach capable of leading the rebuild.
Make Collingwood great again.

We need some very clear thinking over the next 24 months and hopefully Graeme Wright Derek Hine and the Board stay the course with all list management decisions

Aaah a reasoned post, the only problem is who is the coach that is willing to come here? Clarko? Doubt it. Sam Mitchell? Yeah don't think he'd come here either.

Who else would be willing?

Thoughts on someone from left field.. say Guy Sebastian to replace Buckley.. he seems to be able to get the best out of raw talent.. buskers.. and Brunswick st types.. and transform them into superstars on xfactor and that re.. we lack xfactor.. and Sebastian not only won the competition.. but has served his apprenticeship as a coach on the show for over 10 yrs or whatever..

I don't really know what you mean. At the moment all we can do to rebuild is work out how best to develop our kids. If they are best developed in the VFL, play Mayne - if they're best developed in the AFL, play that kid.
What about Macrae? Just play him, I believe you just said in another thread

Thoughts on someone from left field.. say Guy Sebastian to replace Buckley.. he seems to be able to get the best out of raw talent.. buskers.. and Brunswick st types.. and transform them into superstars on xfactor and that re.. we lack xfactor.. and Sebastian not only won the competition.. but has served his apprenticeship as a coach on the show for over 10 yrs or whatever..

While I get this is a post in jest, that's basically what it's come to. Seeing how the club has royally fkd itself for all the world to see, we're not such an attractive coaching proposition anymore.

Gold!

Guy Sebastion to replace Bucks.....lol xfactor....lol

We threw the house at a flag in 2018 probably knowing it was ‘now or never’ under Buckley. The reality drafting Wells, Maine and paying overs for players that totally screwed our Salary Cap was always high risk - high reward stuff.
We failed (or choked) and now we pick up the pieces. I’m still of the thought that Paul Roos is worth a shot. He’s a premiership coach and capable of getting the best out of most players. Could we do any worse?

So you still wanna play newbies that haven't played a competitive game for a year and a half? If so tell us all why?

It's an interesting question.. what is the difference between say 6 or 18 mths without football? Then you factor in training.. intra club games.. if the bloke is consistently meeting targets.. performing well in the gym.. is he in beast mode.. do his teammates rate him.. does he compliment other players in and around him on the pitch.

What about Macrae? Just play him, I believe you just said in another thread
If he's got a tank and understnads the structure and running patterns - then play him. But god knows about his understanding of the structure. I'm happy to let the club decide when it's the right time, because frankly I don't think any of his know how well he structures up - same goes with all the kids. Once they get that - drip feed them into the team one kid at a time - if they perform, keep them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting question.. what is the difference between say 6 or 18 mths without football? Then you factor in training.. intra club games.. if the bloke is consistently meeting targets.. performing well in the gym.. is he in beast mode.. do his teammates rate him.. does he compliment other players in and around him on the pitch.

A year out of footy is not the time to jump in the deep end re.. regardless of gym, comradery with team mates etc.

Will know when the time is right if he compliments the players around him on the park re..

Clarko will have a sniff unless the Hawkers chuck mega bucks at him, Wright will have that phone number at the top of his list. Ross Lyon would kill to coach a big club again and Brad Scott would too. Sam Mitchell would be gettable if he was the right fit as would Giansiracusa, Burns, Caracella, Stevie J, O'Bree, et al....there are many assistant coaches who would jump at the offer.
Roos may be past wanting to coach again but could oversee the process (though Wright should be able to handle the task!)

How many do you want?

A year out of footy is not the time to jump in the deep end re.. regardless of gym, comradery with team mates etc.

Will know when the time is right if he compliments the players around him on the park re..

What is the difference between 6 mths and a yr? I really don't see any re.

Gym and comradery are definitely big things. And you left a few things out there. And if he's outperforming other players on the pitch at training at bars and clubs and that re.. get him in there.

Bellers would wake the place up! And Maxy has the inside running with him...lol...I have a feeling he'll head north though, don't you?

Don't follow rugby really. All I know is that success (ultimate) seems to follow this guy and he looks like a standup bloke. No pretence. No fanfare. I reckon it would be an inspiring appointment with Wright Maxwell and others by his side.

Don't follow rugby really. All I know is that success (ultimate) seems to follow this guy and he looks like a standup bloke. No pretence. No fanfare. I reckon it would be an inspiring appointment with Wright Maxwell and others by his side.

Hmmm....Freo tried it with Rick Charlesworth a long time ago....and great coach and man that he was....it didn't end well. I'd have Bellers on as a man manager and support coach anyday.

Hine is part of the problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back