Strategy Where are we going as a football team?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea,
I assume Mayne will retire after 2021 as will Greenwood.
Who could we trade?
Cox
C.Brown
Thomas

The above would be 3rd round pics?

I think Cox would attract interest as backup depth from some teams and we should take whatever we can get for him. Better to take a punt on the low end of the draft than carry a 30-year-old failed experiment.

I think most recruiters would laugh in your face if you asked them if they wanted either of the other two. They can see the same things we do and know why we are so desperate to get rid of them.

I think Cox would attract interest as backup depth from some teams and we should take whatever we can get for him. Better to take a punt on the low end of the draft than carry a 30-year-old failed experiment.

I think most recruiters would laugh in your face if you asked them if they wanted either of the other two. They can see the same things we do and know why we are so desperate to get rid of them.

No idea on his contract re player Cox,
What would we get a 3rd round pick?

We've got a good group of young players now.. McCreery Bianco Poulter are looking the goods.. add McCrae to the list.. all 4 good offensive players. Ollie hasn't done much but he'll come good as well from what I've seen. Add McCinnes and Nick to the list..

Hopefully we can find ourselves an offensive style of coach to compliment the list.. and we're on our way.

Maybe a 4th at best.

You might be right that the contract could be a problem. But if Majak Daw can be picked up as depth player, then you'd have to think Cox would have at least some limited value.

Is he not out of contract? And therefore the club trading for him can negotiate a new contract with him.

Maybe a 4th at best.

You might be right that the contract could be a problem. But if Majak Daw can be picked up as depth player, then you'd have to think Cox would have at least some limited value.
Matt Rendell says plenty of teams would pounce on Cox and find him a perfect ready made ruck/forward.

Matt Rendell says plenty of teams would pounce on Cox and find him a perfect ready made ruck/forward.

If any list manager thinks Cox is a 'perfect' player to bring in, then they need to be sacked immediately.

Maybe Rendell is right that someone will be stupid enough to overpay, but I'm not so confident. I think he will fetch what an old depth player fetches - i.e not much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back