Strategy Where are we going as a football team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares?
Well you apparently. Please explain how we get one of these highly credentialed assistant coaches out of their contract mid season. Would love to know.

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well you apparently. Please explain how we get one of these highly credentialed assistant coaches out of their contract mid season. Would love to know.
No, what usually happens when a club sacks a coach mid season, an assistant takes over until the end of the season.

No, what usually happens when a club sacks a coach mid season, an assistant takes over until the end of the season.
Awesome. Harvey or Sanderson take over. No thanks!

In what way?
Doc, we both know that Harvey or Sanderson would take over. You also know that it is very unlikely Bucks will be sacked.
So ask yourself, why did you reply to my post?

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Doc, we both know that Harvey or Sanderson would take over. You also know that it is very unlikely Bucks will be sacked.
So ask yourself, why did you reply to my post?
I don't think it will happen, I think it should happen.
You haven't answered my question. In what way would they be worse than Buckley?

I don't think it will happen, I think it should happen.
You haven't answered my question. In what way would they be worse than Buckley?
I’m not going to answer your question Doc, because it’s a silly question. You and I will never agree on this, so let’s leave it be.

My position is clear. Buckley coaches out the year. At the end of the year, his future as coach is determined by our result for 2021. I think that’s the best course to take. You can think different, I don’t really care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m not going to answer your question Doc, because it’s a silly question. You and I will never agree on this, so let’s leave it be.

My position is clear. Buckley coaches out the year. At the end of the year, his future as coach is determined by our result for 2021. I think that’s the best course to take. You can think different, I don’t really care.
At least you could have the decency to admit that you think that's the best course of action because of your undying affection for Buckley, and nothing else.

At least you could have the decency to admit that you think that's the best course of action because of your undying affection for Buckley, and nothing else.
No Doc. You want me to fire up, maybe get carded. Not interested in your bait.

Civilest

Cancelled
May 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
IF 1. We are not contending this year and 2. This is Buckley’s last season. We will learn more under a caretaker coach for the rest of 2021 and this will be an investment in a head start on 2022.

Whatever,
he said the team is going backwards you said he is backwards. You‘re the one that sets the standards mate.
I don’t set the standard, but if I’ve offended you and/or TG, I apologise.

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
IF 1. We are not contending this year and 2. This is Buckley’s last season. We will learn more under a caretaker coach for the rest of 2021 and this will be an investment in a head start on 2022.
I'll give the contrary position given we are not contending. Unless we are certain we have secured a high level or targeted coach it would be patently ridiculous to give the job the a caretaker.
You are then have a caretaker who may want and get the job, a 'replace the coach process' that have gone nowhere and you get a short term dead cat bounce among the playing group. It's simply not the way you treat a legend of the club particularly in a framework with no prez., a new GM of Football and some simmering post trade tensions.
If you want to reset the club ( which is a perfectly reasonable position) you do it with structure, planning and process.

Think more Tony Shaw than Brad Scott..

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
At what point do we start to see more of Graham Wright addressing the media about the direction our footy department, blooding more of our young players etc? Bucks will resemble a car crash by round 11 if we are sitting close to last on the ladder, and I would like to start to see more of GW fronting the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back