Where can I watch the GF around the world? 2013 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watching the game at a pub in Geneva, or know what venue is likely to be the best to watch the game?

I have contacted a few sports bars which have confirmed they are showing the game, although I have no idea which bar is likely to be best. Cheers.

Anyone watching the game at a pub in Geneva, or know what venue is likely to be the best to watch the game?

I have contacted a few sports bars which have confirmed they are showing the game, although I have no idea which bar is likely to be best. Cheers.

Last year someone suggested Saturday, October 1st, 2011 @ 04:30
'The Clubhouse' - Rue Plantamour 25, Paquis, Geneva

But I would ring them and check first.

The Australian in Manhatten, New york

Friday September 27th
  • 5:45am NRL Preliminary Final: Rabbitohs v Manly LIVE
  • 12pm NRL Rabbitohs v Manly replay
  • AFL Grand Final at midnight! Hawthorn v Fremantle LIVE
  • Please note there is a $10 cover from 9pm, get in early!
  • This is strictly an Over-21’s event.

For anyone in Sub-Saharan Africa, the game is being shown live on DSTV on Super Sports 1 despite it not appearing in theironline tv guide. I called them up and they confirmed it with me. Coverage starts at 6am Central African Time (CAT). There is also pre-match coverage that starts at 2am. In case you're worried feel free to call Super Sports on +27 (0)11 2892223.

In London.

I'll probably watch it at the Junction just near Highbury and Islington station. Watched yhe Cats win in 11 there. Was a good morning.
I watched the '02 GF in the Walkabout on Shaftesbury. Good atmosphere.

I watched the '02 GF in the Walkabout on Shaftesbury. Good atmosphere.

Have watched a few games there. Was great. The Slug in Fulham was the best place to watch footy until it shut.
A lot less places to watch than there used be.

Mate's currently traveling round Europe with his misses and will be in Prague this weekend. Anyone know of any local joints that will be screening the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate's currently traveling round Europe with his misses and will be in Prague this weekend. Anyone know of any local joints that will be screening the game?

From my experience their best bet is to hit up an Irish pub (not sure if their is an Australian themed pub in Prague) and ask. There should be enough ex pats there who have enquired. Worked for me in Slovenia and Germany.

Osaka Japan
Our Grand Final Party on Saturday 28th of Sept is the biggest and longest running in Japan. we have 5 TV screens offering an uninterrupted 360 Degree view of the game with full stereo sound. We have 8 different Australian beers, various Australian wines and Bundaberg rum. We have homemade meat pies, and sausage rolls as well as pub favorites chicken parmigiana and fish & chips made with our own special beer batter. After the game live music from Oasis cover band Billy in Ocean and from 11pm all night DJs. On the Friday night 27th we'll be playing replays from Old Grand Finals. Doors open 12 noon and live coverage of the Granny from 1:30pm. We'll do a replay on Sunday 29th from 7pm.

For directions see www.coolabah.jp or email the coolabah@hotmail.com or call Andy 090-4299-2202

For anyone in Japan in the Osaka/Kansai area, I second the Coolabah. Great atmosphere and food and it's easy to watch the game even if the place is packed. I've watched the GF there every year since '10 and I've always had a blast.

You know i think it's ridiculous that the Walkabout in Glasgow doesn't put on an event for the AFL Grand Final, they're meant to be an Australian pub yet the won't do it, but are happy to do it for NFL Finals including the SuperBowl.

You know i think it's ridiculous that the Walkabout in Glasgow doesn't put on an event for the AFL Grand Final, they're meant to be an Australian pub yet the won't do it, but are happy to do it for NFL Finals including the SuperBowl.

what a joke, should not be called a Walkbout if they don't show the AFL GF.

XGd5iJa8wfpu2UKe0X4GOYYOi7Y.jpg

Honiara = Point Cruz Yacht Club

I have to fly to Vanuatu, depart Honiara 215pm - aka 1.15pm melb time. 1 hour 40 minute flight, maybe an hour to get out of the airport and to the hotel, i hope to see from the third quarter on aust network tv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back