Prediction Where do we finish in 2019?

Where do we finish in 2019 (End of finals)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Where exactly do the offensive and defensive 6 need to be? Inside their respective 50? Inside the goal square 😳?

All 6 need to be inside the 50m arc with one player from each team starting in the goal square.

Where exactly do the offensive and defensive 6 need to be? Inside their respective 50? Inside the goal square 😳?
Literally all of them bar one could be standing on the 50 metre line. If we want to run players from the backline the only change is they have to run an extra 3-5 metres

Top 4 is a must. Most times I do a prediction I've got us 4th. Need that double chance.

It's less about double chance and more about only needing to win two finals to make the Granny.

Literally all of them bar one could be standing on the 50 metre line. If we want to run players from the backline the only change is they have to run an extra 3-5 metres
But the bloke running into the back of the square will now be leaving his opponent open in their forward 50. That's a risk that wasn't a problem last year when you could drop a spare back to run in.

But the bloke running into the back of the square will now be leaving his opponent open in their forward 50. That's a risk that wasn't a problem last year when you could drop a spare back to run in.

True, but the center clearances we got from that gimmick tended to end up getting marked by the opposition who took advantage of an out numbered defense.

I honestly don't think we should be worried by that tactic being eliminated anyway. Reckon we used it maybe 10% of the time and rarely did we end up with a goal from it.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
6-6-6 will affect the first 30 seconds after every centre bounce and that's it.

Correct but instead of conceding 4 goals being not switched on you can concede 7 goals quickly now.
I guarantee a team will role the dice on 1 ruck an only a couple talls an the ruck will go down early an they'll be ****ed.
Like Sydney will have Buddy only as a tall as well as a ruck an they wont throw him in there so it'll be some poor young fella who gets completely schooled.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This seems... minor.

It's not it's huge. If 2 blokes Sprint in an the ball goes straight over their head it's a 6-4 in the opposition's forward line and an easy goal. That will be the last time anyone tries that.
If you instruct your wingers to go straight into defence then it's a 6-4 in the clearance area which is basically a guaranteed win.

It's gonna go back to how footy should be which is beat your direct opponent. At least for the first minute or so after a goal

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think we finish 5th again.
We got kinda lucky taking on the Hawks in the semi, if it was anyone else in the top 4 we lose an it's over in the semi.

For us to break into the top 4 we need alot of things to happen

- One of May, Lever an Omac has to be in the AA or atleast play at that level.

- Petracca needs to become a superstar. Like Jordan De Goey dominant in a big game.

- Gawn stays fit, our midfield is too slow to be chasing other mids. We need first hands on it

- Someone needs to step up an kick 30 as a small forward. We need a crumber so badly

- ANB an Brayshaw need to improve their disposal

I don't see all of it happening yet

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
**** oath im a bogan why the **** you have us ninth

Pretty much the same reasons as you
- worried we still let aides get a run on
- lots of good players coming in dusty/rusty this season
- lack of pace, especially small forwards / wingers
- a few sore below us with lots of improvement in them
- losing hogan who was an inspirational on field leader
- all the s**t that top Kent said

Unjustifiable but I feel we will maintain or slide a little this year before having a real dip next year

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
It's not it's huge. If 2 blokes Sprint in an the ball goes straight over their head it's a 6-4 in the opposition's forward line and an easy goal. That will be the last time anyone tries that.
If you instruct your wingers to go straight into defence then it's a 6-4 in the clearance area which is basically a guaranteed win.

It's gonna go back to how footy should be which is beat your direct opponent. At least for the first minute or so after a goal

Maybe we rush in from our offensive side?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
After saying 5th I'm gonna try the more pessimistic go now.

To be honest I'm not gonna be surprised if we miss finals this year.
We were so dominant in the midfield last year (almost record breaking dominant) an so dominant in inside 50s yet at times we struggled to score easy goals and conceded them easily ourselves.

It's unlikely we are as dominant again I think in both those areas an we really haven't been able to address our issues in the team yet

May was underdone coming into pre season an I reckon he didn't look 100% fit against Brissy plus Lever misses potentially the first half of the season. Jetta/Hibberd aren't getting any better an could only slow down. Alot falls on Omac or Frost becoming a star. Don't see it.

The midfield doesn't have any excellent kicks added or quality wings. Exact same group as last year except Jones an Lewis aren't improving.

No crumbers added. Hunt id be surprised if the experiment works, he's gone forward in games before an never done a thing. I can't believe the over reaction to him playing a quarter of ok footy in the JLT.

We really needed to see injury free an improving seasons from the likes of Kent, AVB, Hannan, Salem, Fritsch, Hunt, Smith.J, Weid, Spargo

Not great that Kent left an AVB, Hannan an Smith are already missing portions of the season.

After saying 5th I'm gonna try the more pessimistic go now.

To be honest I'm not gonna be surprised if we miss finals this year.
We were so dominant in the midfield last year (almost record breaking dominant) an so dominant in inside 50s yet at times we struggled to score easy goals and conceded them easily ourselves.

It's unlikely we are as dominant again I think in both those areas an we really haven't been able to address our issues in the team yet

May was underdone coming into pre season an I reckon he didn't look 100% fit against Brissy plus Lever misses potentially the first half of the season. Jetta/Hibberd aren't getting any better an could only slow down. Alot falls on Omac or Frost becoming a star. Don't see it.

The midfield doesn't have any excellent kicks added or quality wings. Exact same group as last year except Jones an Lewis aren't improving.

No crumbers added. Hunt id be surprised if the experiment works, he's gone forward in games before an never done a thing. I can't believe the over reaction to him playing a quarter of ok footy in the JLT.

We really needed to see injury free an improving seasons from the likes of Kent, AVB, Hannan, Salem, Fritsch, Hunt, Smith.J, Weid, Spargo

Not great that Kent left an AVB, Hannan an Smith are already missing portions of the season.
Superb effort at lowering your expectations so that the loses hurt less and the wins feel better. I'm in the process of doing similar.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think its natural that all of us want to be pessimistic because after 11 years of being absolute garbage we're afraid it is going to go to s**t again.

I wouldn't be 'surprised' if we started the year slowly, if we're to finish top 4 we need to stop these mediocre opening months to the season (And I've got faith that we will).

I think its natural that all of us want to be pessimistic because after 11 years of being absolute garbage we're afraid it is going to go to s**t again.

I wouldn't be 'surprised' if we started the year slowly, if we're to finish top 4 we need to stop these mediocre opening months to the season (And I've got faith that we will).
Not even that, our good years don't give me confidence either
2001 and 2003 not making Finals after a GF and Semi Final
2004 Just making finals after hitting a late season form slump and getting dumped from the finals to continue the form
2005 Starting the season off well, then having scrap for a final spot after a mid year collapse, then getting belted out of finals like the Tigers in 2014
2006 Missing top 4 because of a draw with Geelong and a loss to the ******* wooden spooners
2007 Being touted as the best chance Victoria have, to 2nd last

Calling it.

We will claim our first McLelland trophy since they changed it in 1991.

Top of the table.

Calling it.

We will claim our first McLelland trophy since they changed it in 1991.

Top of the table.
Your optimism always gives me cause for concern.

Back