Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just had a quick look at the ladder predictor, if we lose the next two games we could well be sitting on the bottom of the ladder, if that happens where do we end up by years end.

I was thinking we would finish in the 8 beating up cellar dwellers but getting shown up in defence for being too short by the top sides.

but after the crows loss, I'm thinking just outside of the 8 similar to last year.

Not having a full back, no ruck, no quality smalls in the forward line, fitness issues and some SANFL quality guys taking the field may prove to be a failed recipe.

rickybobby-2.jpg

So far everyone is crap except Collingwood and the Saints.

Collingwood now rely on Billy Frampton in Ruck and defence.

Anything can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast and Hawthorn look too bad for us to realistically finish below them, and Norf may yet come crashing down to earth too.

We're very clearly a club where the coach has totally lost the players though, which usually results in a level of free fall.

Maybe 14th?

I started thinking about when Hinkley would be sacked. So started looking at our fixture. Feel free to take a crack at predicting our year and his sacking.

Predicted Results:

GameResultRangePrediction
v BrisLossComfortable0 - 1
@ CollLossClose0 - 2
v Adel50/50Line Ball1 - 2 - 50/50W
@ SydLossComfortable1 - 3
v WB50/50Line Ball2 - 3 - 50/50W
v WCEWinComfortable3 - 3
@ StK50/50Line Ball3 - 4 - 50/50L
v EssWinComfortable4 - 4
@ NM (TAS)WinClose5 - 4
v MelbLossComfortable5 - 5
@ RichLossComfortable5 - 6
v HawWinComfortable6 - 6
@ WBLossClose6 - 7
v GeelLossComfortable6 - 8
@ EssWinClose7 - 8
v GCWinClose8 - 8
@ CarltonLossClose8 - 9
v Coll50/50Line Ball9 - 9 - 50/50W
@ Adel50/50Line Ball9 - 10 - 50/50L
@ GeelLossThrashing9 - 11
v GWSWinClose10 - 11
@ FreoLossComfortable10 - 12
v Rich50/50Line Ball10 - 13 - 50/50L

I have predicted we'll go:
  • Likely scenario - 10 W, 13 L
  • Best Case scenario - 13 W, 10 L
  • Worst Case scenario - 7 W, 16 L

I predict Ken will be sacked after our round 21 loss to Geelong, as the finals become out of reach on the 7th of August.
In the prediction thread I predicted we'd be 1-3 next week. Although the script has varied slightly I still think we're pretty much rolling along as I thought we would be. We'll lose this week, we'll probably still end up getting to something like 5-4 and in the 8, but by the end of the year I believe we'll end up something around 10W.

You'd have to suspect that puts us around 11-12th.

I still think despite the noise Ken will be sacked in August when the finals are out of reach.

Just on this Hinkleys career probably hangs on the next 6 games.

We will lose to Sydney, but after that we have
WB home - 50/50
Eagles home - win
Saints away - 50/50
Bombers home - win
Kangas in Tas - 50/50

If we go 2-3, to be 3-6, Hinkleys 100% gone

Go 3-2, to be 4-5, Hinkleys very close and with Melb and Richmond to follow he'd be 4-7 and I don't know how he'd survive that

But if he goes 4-1 well he'll delay the inevitable for a while.

If he goes 5-0 and we're 6-3, then he'll be strutting like a smug dickhead everywhere.

Last edited:
Just on this Hinkleys career probably hangs on the next 6 games.

We will lose to Sydney, but after that we have
WB home - 50/50
Eagles home - win
Saints away - 50/50
Bombers home - win
Kangas in Tas - 50/50

If we go 2-3, to be 3-6, Hinkleys 100% gone
Go 3-2, to be 4-5, Hinkleys very close and with Melb and Richmond to follow he's borderline.
But if he goes 4-1 well he'll delay the inevitable for a while.
If he goes 5-0 and we're 6-3, then he'll be strutting like a smug dickhead everywhere.

To be honest, even the dons is 50:50.

So much hangs on momentum. Wouldn’t surprise me if we are 2 -7 or 3-6.

You need 13 wins for finals. 10-12 wins for that 9-12 bracket.

I think we can scrounge 10 ish wins for the year, so should finish around 12th.

Gonna say 13th. Low enough to be giving Norf a spicy pick, high enough to have Ken keep his job because of all the learnings.

My mum could coach this team to a 9th-13th placed finish with tactical insights such as, “give it to Rozee”, “kick it to Marshall”, and “try your best and have fun”.

This is madness.

I though top 4 at the start of the season just because of our recruits and list coming into the year. After our win against brisbane in was futher supported. Now I think we will barely scrape finals. The only reason I think this is because if we somehow make finals Ken won't get sacced. Just so port fans have to suffer for another year.

Back