Preview Where do we go from here in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

I abhor tanking, but given the season is over why risk injury to anyone likely to be best 22 next year?

Perfect time to prepare for the 2020 premiership by blooding youth and exploring some more creative positions for our players (ie: why don't we try Hannan in the ruck?).

I abhor tanking, but given the season is over why risk injury to anyone likely to be best 22 next year?

Perfect time to prepare for the 2020 premiership by blooding youth and exploring some more creative positions for our players (ie: why don't we try Hannan in the ruck?).

Harmes was good that time we made him ruck and we got a goal

Gotta agree with denomdavey. Harmes kicks goals, runs both ways and is good overhead. He’s also more dynamic than Viney. Like Topkent said, Viney’s elite attribute is trying harder than everyone else.
That’s fair enough, I like Jack a lot and see a bit more than others, both were ok last night but both butchered the footy at times (Not on their own) I do think Harmes is a good player

Won’t happen mate. Clearly we don’t believe in skills coaches because Petracca and Brayshaws kicking has gotten WORSE since we drafted them.
Stat for you;

That’s us having 28 shots at goal with a goal conversion rate of 43%. Thats Adelaide having 20 shots at goal with a goal conversion rate of 70%.

So we have 8 more shots at goal, kick 2 less, and have a conversion rate 27% worse than our opponent. And we JUST lose.

I’d like Simon Goodwin to read this post

It's not even that we are inaccurate compared to our opponents it's completely gane style based. There were some easy misses like Smith, Garlett and Weid and some difficult ones like Hunt and Harmes but it's all to do with game style. We had everyone including the coaches in our forward 50. The shots are under high pressure every week with opponents everywhere.

Meanwhile in defence we gifted Jenkins and Betts half the ground to work with. * half of Adelaides goals came from our forward 50.

It's not even that we are inaccurate compared to our opponents it's completely gane style based. There were some easy misses like Smith, Garlett and Weid and some difficult ones like Hunt and Harmes but it's all to do with game style. We had everyone including the coaches in our forward 50. The shots are under high pressure every week with opponents everywhere.

Meanwhile in defence we gifted Jenkins and Betts half the ground to work with. **** half of Adelaides goals came from our forward 50.
Yeah it’s a s**t fight in there. It’s bad. It ain’t changing much this year though, Goodwin will need to think of something big over summer to fix this.

It could be worse.

Carlton traded its first pick this year, for a late first last year.

They took Liam Stocker who looks ok, but certainly not a player you would hand over pick 1 for.

I can’t believe Carlton are going to finish last and won’t have a first round pick next year - let alone pick 1.

This club needs to go back to preseason camps where players dropped bricks on their heads and/or engaged in sparring contests with aggressive psychopaths who thought it created character amongst teammates
(who when weren’t bashing up new recruits- dobbed us in for tanking) and yes I’m looking at you Brick... I mean Brock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be worse.

Carlton traded its first pick this year, for a late first last year.

They took Liam Stocker who looks ok, but certainly not a player you would hand over pick 1 for.

I can’t believe Carlton are going to finish last and won’t have a first round pick next year - let alone pick 1.
They get Adelaides 1st pick back but yeah it’s not looking great for them .

Yeah it’s a **** fight in there. It’s bad. It ain’t changing much this year though, Goodwin will need to think of something big over summer to fix this.
Goodwin’s Big Idea over summer: Maybe don’t always flood forward 50

If we can continue to improve our f50 delivery, and with Salem, May, Hore and Lever to come back in, our biggest obstacles this year are mental... converting and defending late in the game.

We should hit the second half of this season hard and get ourselves into a position to win 4 of the last 5 games. Then at least, the players can take some confidence into next season knowing what they need to do.

We shouldn't be rushing any players back the talk off Lever coming in last week was just stupid same with May both should play number of games in the VFL before coming into the senior side. But knowing Melb they will be rushed back just like they did with Hannan after 1 game in the VFL.

Meanwhile in defence we gifted Jenkins and Betts half the ground to work with. **** half of Adelaides goals came from our forward 50.
And it’s nothing new from last year. But it’s exposing us a lot more this year with fewer players in form and a worse side on the park.

Players didn't get that memo.
If it has been suggested but they are still doing it than it’s time to make the messaging a bit stronger. I want to see all line coaches on the boundary for four quarters threatening to glass anyone who presses too far.

We concede so many goals out the back too! Every week, pretty hard for the opposition to miss from the goal line.

I’m backing in Mission to have a fair crack after the bye at injuring some more key players then buggering their rehab to see out his tenure in style
It’ll be interesting at the pointy end of the season when do the 4-6 week injuries start being labelled as ‘season’, I’ll be keeping a keen eye out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back