Preview Where do we go from here in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

3 games and might be out of the system at 26.
Hard to believe I was a massive fan but he’s certainly fallen off a cliff, looked on the verge of being elite early doors now can’t get a kick for North seconds

On QB we saw Trac play some midfield time, i like what i saw from his few stints. Guy was drafted as a mid and now with the season in the books i reckon we just leave him there and let him develop for the rest of the year

On QB we saw Trac play some midfield time, i like what i saw from his few stints. Guy was drafted as a mid and now with the season in the books i reckon we just leave him there and let him develop for the rest of the year
Agree, he was clean and was precicesly handballing forward. I would swap some minutes with Oliver so he can feel what its like to never get a good F50 and hopefully that helps him improve in that area.

What I like about Trac in the guts is that he isn't in his head so much, worrying about the goals and trying to do 10 things at once. He can play a bit more instinctively and 'in the moment'.

Could be a good way to keep building his confidence.

Yep, had to make quick decisions which he seems good at... problem is when he has too much time he seems to over think it and makes a mistake.

Happy for him to play in the guts for the rest of the season, whats the worst that could happen?

What i like about Trac playing greater minutes in the midfield is that it reduces the possibility of him marking the footy inside 30m and the subsequent pressure of having to line up for goal. What we see with Trac is that he is an instinctive player who operates better while the ball is 'live', where he can use his agility and raw power to break out of a cluster of players and find a target by foot. He also has a powerful right hoof which makes him one of our few players capable of scoring from outside 50.

Yeah his ball drop is ugly but so was Hogans and he did alright at set shots. the deeper problem is that its clearly a mental game for Trac. If his fitness will allow it and we see more of Christian in the middle, then i think it will go along way towards exorxising him of some of his mental demons, and we might start to see the real potential of the no.5

If we're going to tank great but I don't want any of this half-arsed "player management" bullshit. Do it ******* properly- Spargo in the ruck, JKH at every centre bounce, O'mac as FF. May pulling pints on the bench. At least make it interesting to watch.

If we're going to tank great but I don't want any of this half-arsed "player management" ********. Do it ******* properly- Spargo in the ruck, JKH at every centre bounce, O'mac as FF. May pulling pints on the bench. At least make it interesting to watch.
I'd love to see JKH played in the guts at senior level. Inside mid has always been his best position.

If we're going to tank great but I don't want any of this half-arsed "player management" ********. Do it ******* properly- Spargo in the ruck, JKH at every centre bounce, O'mac as FF. May pulling pints on the bench. At least make it interesting to watch.
Lockhart's worth a look at FB too. Could be a hidden talent there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i like about Trac playing greater minutes in the midfield is that it reduces the possibility of him marking the footy inside 30m and the subsequent pressure of having to line up for goal. What we see with Trac is that he is an instinctive player who operates better while the ball is 'live', where he can use his agility and raw power to break out of a cluster of players and find a target by foot. He also has a powerful right hoof which makes him one of our few players capable of scoring from outside 50.

Yeah his ball drop is ugly but so was Hogans and he did alright at set shots. the deeper problem is that its clearly a mental game for Trac. If his fitness will allow it and we see more of Christian in the middle, then i think it will go along way towards exorxising him of some of his mental demons, and we might start to see the real potential of the no.5

Hogans technique often fell apart under pressure and he rarely kicked it more than 40.

Hogans technique often fell apart under pressure and he rarely kicked it more than 40.

Yes, but he had kicking sickness. Can't blame him.

Did that diagnosis come from the same doctor who diagnosed your posting sickness?

Wasn't a doctor, just a man with a lab coat and thick glasses. And I am in full remission, thank you very muchly.

Hogans technique was unorthodox but i dont feel it severely impacted his goal kicking so much that it necessitated a restructure. I agree his set shots from anything over 40 are comical

Topkent and Cannon the type of guys to complain about politics in football then insert politics into football threads.

Must be because we like complaining about politics in football? Were those points supposed to be mutually exclusive? They're not.

Hogans technique was unorthodox but i dont feel it severely impacted his goal kicking so much that it necessitated a restructure. I agree his set shots from anything over 40 are comical
A technique can only be judged how it stands up under pressure. Hogans fell apart too often for mine and he absolutely shanked some kicks.
Weideman has a beautiful technique, even though he missed against the crows it was a hook to the left slightly. Still spun correctly.

Wasn't a doctor, just a man with a lab coat and thick glasses. And I am in full remission, thank you very muchly.
I think you need more scans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back