• Wing

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Forward

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Back

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is more dream team related, but I am a big fan of Jack. AFL.com has two different articles up this afternoon, both mentioning Jack Martin having an ankle injury. Did he re-injure the ankle on the weekend?

It's a watershed decision for the Suns, who are already decimated by an injury list that includes Gary Ablett, Jaeger O'Meara, David Swallow, Nick Malceski and Jack Martin. - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-...for-disciplinary-reasons#sthash.1Jet39uV.dpuf

. They will be without Harley Bennell, Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera who were all suspended for ill-discipline through the week, while Jack Martin (ankle), Seb Tape (knee) and Jarrod Garlett (ankle) are injured. Rory Thompson (hip) will return, as will rookie-elevated Andrew Raines, Mitch Hallahan, Luke Russell, Aaron Hall and Danny Stanley. - Michael Whiting - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/in-the-mix-round-six#sthash.19gZylP1.dpuf

This is more dream team related, but I am a big fan of Jack. AFL.com has two different articles up this afternoon, both mentioning Jack Martin having an ankle injury. Did he re-injure the ankle on the weekend?

It's a watershed decision for the Suns, who are already decimated by an injury list that includes Gary Ablett, Jaeger O'Meara, David Swallow, Nick Malceski and Jack Martin. - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-...for-disciplinary-reasons#sthash.1Jet39uV.dpuf

. They will be without Harley Bennell, Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera who were all suspended for ill-discipline through the week, while Jack Martin (ankle), Seb Tape (knee) and Jarrod Garlett (ankle) are injured. Rory Thompson (hip) will return, as will rookie-elevated Andrew Raines, Mitch Hallahan, Luke Russell, Aaron Hall and Danny Stanley. - Michael Whiting - See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/in-the-mix-round-six#sthash.19gZylP1.dpuf
would have liked some personal opinion..

I didn't see it but it seems like he did as they are reporting him out for a few weeks with an ankle injury..

I'm still on 100% sure on where Jack Martin best fits into the team. He did look good up forward last night but didn't convert as many shots on goal as you would like. What do you guys think?

with that leap, definitely half forward. i love his crash and bash attitude in and around the packs, but until he grows out a bit i reckon plonk him in the forward line. he's generally a pretty decent kick.

No idea.. He plays 5 games then gets injured.
Can't wait to see what the new head of fitness has in store for Martin he needs to add weight if he wants to share midfield duties
I like him as a high half forward atm until he builds his strength up for 80% midfield in the future
One thing that stuck out to me last night was the muscle definition in Harley's arms/shoulders. I didn't realise his arms had become that toned. This is Harley back in his second year:

wZBZERh.jpg

And this is him now:

M4Lm5IM.jpg

You can really see the size difference in his shoulders. That picture doesn't really do his biceps justice but I couldn't find any others from last night that did. Likewise, I think Jack really needs to put on weight (muscle) to be competitive in every contest. His frame is definitely lighter than most but it can no doubt be improved. This is a photo of Jack from earlier this year:

6d71TRr.jpg

Easily half forward.

His marks are brilliant to watch, and regardless of his conversion rate on the weekend, that's where he belongs. The conditions on Saturday were terrible for everybody. Wet field, humid weather, and a twilight game - worst combination in AFL football. Even Tommy had a bad run of it.

Our accuracy obviously needs improvement, but Martin is already a star. Wait until we get a dedicated goal kicking coach and combine that with Cordy's entrance to the club and things look pretty bright!

Easily half forward.

His marks are brilliant to watch, and regardless of his conversion rate on the weekend, that's where he belongs. The conditions on Saturday were terrible for everybody. Wet field, humid weather, and a twilight game - worst combination in AFL football. Even Tommy had a bad run of it.

Our accuracy obviously needs improvement, but Martin is already a star. Wait until we get a dedicated goal kicking coach and combine that with Cordy's entrance to the club and things look pretty bright!
That mark from a vertical leap standing still in the 3rd qtr was crazy. Smacked his nose on the way down and cost him another shot. He should've kicked 6. What a talent. He's a 50 goal a year half forward.

That mark from a vertical leap standing still in the 3rd qtr was crazy. Smacked his nose on the way down and cost him another shot. He should've kicked 6. What a talent. He's a 50 goal a year half forward.
It's funny - after Martin had to give that kick over to Russell, I had 100% faith that Spook would kick a goal. Who knows why, but he didn't let me down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree he's a third forward. His contested footy is great - but put him a position to combine that with his marking ability and you get some s**t scared defenders.
Have seen him at State level 15's and 16's and he played CHF - killed them with his marking ability one on one.
As he's a quiet guy he's maybe not sure yet of his position in the team.
Sure he missed some set shots at the weekend - but what if he kicked them all ?? I know he can play midfield /wing - but others can do that - to me he will serve us best as a very dangerous half forward.

Last edited:
I like him up forward, but I wouldn't say he has a best position, he seems to make an impact no matter where he is

I think wingman

Play a good 30 mins a game as a pure forward though

everywhere
I concur with this, on the field 100% time on ground. If he wants to sit in a forward pocket, cool. If he wants to go for a run in the middle, jump in the ruck, push back in defence. Give him a license to Football.

If we took Jesse we wouldn't of got 2MP and I love that big Ranga here he is being good enough to get a pic with my eldest ( not a bad size for 12, and he's the shortest of my 3) after that crushing GWS loss, I'm sure it was the last thing he wanted to do but that's the quality of the guy.

Jesse would of asked him for a f**.

Note thanks to SUNS for getting us there for This pic to happen :thumbsu::thumbsu:

IMG_3400.JPG

Back