Gym & Misc Where do you draw the line when it comes to wearing skins with nothing over the top

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a guy at works who wears them around the office after going for a run at lunch..... it is horrible.

Male of female?

Male - disgusting, travesty of justice, outrageous
Hot female - fantastic, good on her for taking an interest in fitness related activity :thumbsu:

******* old locker room utensil sucks.

right on.

Dunno if it is just the pools and gyms I go to but seems to be most prevalent amongst the old italians and chinese. Guys standing around chatting to each other butt naked. WTF is with that? Put the bloody thing away - you're not impressing anyone here.

thought the footy players in here would be used to naked blokes in changing rooms, especially considering most footy players jump in the big showers naked after a game

******* see enough utensil in my face at the gym in the change rooms, I don't need your BBC up in my face when I'm on the bench and need to concentrate.

******* old locker room utensil sucks.

Male of female?

Male - disgusting, travesty of justice, outrageous
Hot female - fantastic, good on her for taking an interest in fitness related activity :thumbsu:
so no exceptions at all for the guys?
i did a quick bit of research because we were talking about it at tafe and a few guys only said footy training nowhere else. but on twitter tom hawkins posted a pic complaining about selwood's skins at training and how his pecker bulge was visible. but then i look up training galleries on zimbio and seems like quite a lot of players just wear the skins. so maybe it's frowned upon at footy training too but the people who wear them just dungivvashiiit

so no exceptions at all for the guys?
i did a quick bit of research because we were talking about it at tafe and a few guys only said footy training nowhere else. but on twitter tom hawkins posted a pic complaining about selwood's skins at training and how his pecker bulge was visible. but then i look up training galleries on zimbio and seems like quite a lot of players just wear the skins. so maybe it's frowned upon at footy training too but the people who wear them just dungivvashiiit
I've worn skins when running in cold weather - always with running or footy shorts over the top of them.
If someone really wants to see what I'm packing, at least buy me a drink first.

I've worn skins when running in cold weather - always with running or footy shorts over the top of them.
If someone really wants to see what I'm packing, at least buy me a drink first.

Plus cold weather is the worst time to be showing off your bulge.

Wear them at training with nothing over top. When I go gym early for a bit of cardio will them with nothing, but generally empty gym so doesn't really matter.

Would never wear them to shops or anything with noting over top and def would never wear the shorts skins with nothing over top ever!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wear them at training with nothing over top. When I go gym early for a bit of cardio will them with nothing, but generally empty gym so doesn't really matter.

Would never wear them to shops or anything with noting over top and def would never wear the shorts skins with nothing over top ever!
Wait are you talking about a shirt or pants

Yeah I rock the skins singlet at basketball training not the shorts though

I don't want to derail the general topic of this thread (football related) but cyclists would be the worst for this by miles. The only cyclists around my area are 50 yr old bankers out for a Sundy 30k's before coffee and cake and they go the full skins with bulges on show. Horrific waiting for coffee with sweaty bulge everywhere ...

Only time I've ever worn a skins top on its own is in bed, and that was once. I generally wear something over the top of them. If I had the skins pants I would consider swimming in them but would wear shorts over the top.

Only time I've ever worn a skins top on its own is in bed, and that was once. I generally wear something over the top of them. If I had the skins pants I would consider swimming in them but would wear shorts over the top.
I hear the compression technology allows for wicked REM cycles - sleeping at 13% better than standard levels - as shown by a recemt unviersity study

I don't want to derail the general topic of this thread (football related) but cyclists would be the worst for this by miles. The only cyclists around my area are 50 yr old bankers out for a Sundy 30k's before coffee and cake and they go the full skins with bulges on show. Horrific waiting for coffee with sweaty bulge everywhere ...
I notice this - I've been riding to work, and there is always a MAMIL (Middle Aged Man In Lycra) with his $3k bike, full set of lycras, etc etc.

Love burning them off at the lights with my cheap singlet, gym shorts and $300 bike.

Bike riders wear bike gear. Bigfooty gets offended.

Seriously sort yourselves out. Who cares of people wear Lycra while doing what they do.

Yeah, nah. No need for overweight men to wear lycra. If they want less wind resistance lose some fat!

That's like telling a amateur footballer just to wear runners because football boots would be wasted on them, they should worry about other stuff first!

Get over yourself.

Does lycra keep you on the bike like football boots keep you on your feet?

Learn how to use analogies!

Does lycra keep you on the bike like football boots keep you on your feet?

Learn how to use analogies!
Runners keep you on your feet! Maybe not as effectively or as comfortably, just like a tshirt or shorts let you ride a bike, just not as effectively or as comfortably.

Just because you don't like Lycra doesn't mean others have to give it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back