Prediction Where do you honestly think will finish on the ladder?

Where do you think we will finish on the ladder after the Home & Away Season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
After 6 rounds we are 3-3.. Where do you think we will finish on the ladder after the Home & Away season

If we continue with this extent of injuries we will miss the 8 by a small margin. If we get some continuity in the second half of the season we should push up to 5th-6th.

Not much confidence in games to come: GWS, Collingwood at the MCG, Essendon at the MCG, Richmond twice at the MCG, Hawthorn at the MCG and Sydney and Adelaide both away.

Can see us missing the eight tbh

Somewhere between 6-10. On our day I think we can beat anyone (bar tigers at the G), but with how our season is unfolding with injuries and all these kids playing we will fluctuate in performances every couple of weeks.

We really need a fit and firing team to have any chance and that doesn’t look like happening.

Given we’re 3-3, there’s minimal room for error to make the top 4 so I’m crossing that off the list after today.

Somewhere between 6-10. On our day I think we can beat anyone (bar tigers at the G), but with how our season is unfolding with injuries and all these kids playing we will fluctuate in performances every couple of weeks.

We really need a fit and firing team to have any chance and that doesn’t look like happening.

Given we’re 3-3, there’s minimal room for error to make the top 4 so I’m crossing that off the list after today.
Are Richmond that good?

Injuries will cause us to miss the eight if this continues. I refuse to buy in to the idea that they are a positive in any way whatsoever. As I said in the match review thread, the fact that there's this minor upside to it - that the selection opportunities provided by injuries to key players potentially accelerates the development of our kids - is irrelevant if the same injuries continue to cost us premiership points.

We will probably miss finals or finish lower half of the eight if the injuries don't let up soon. We're easily a top four team at full strength, but absent this many key personnel we're going to struggle. I'll say 3-8 if there's reversal in our fortunes and 7-12 if it keeps happening and/or current injury absences continue to drag out.

Chris Scott tells us all we need to know with his selection; he doesnt think we can win it, and is probably worried about being embarrassed again on the big stage of finals. Despite the injuries we are choosing not to play Smith over Stanley, we chose not to play an experienced player in Crameri when we were down a forward option today, thus exposing Hawkins to the double and triple team, and once again throwing Zuthrie to the wolves for no obvious benefit. We are choosing to play Blicavs in defense, even though he looks lost and confused down there and cant dispose of the ball without turning it over. And that we are playing him ahead of guys who have spent 2-3+ years playing defensive roles in the VFL side says a lot about how our coach thinks. The injuries hurt, but they dont hurt as much as the incompetence coming from the coaches box. Scott still talks about this team as though we are still in transition mode ala 2015, except our player recruitment since then contradicts this assessment of where the list is.

If, and it's a big if, we can get some continuity out of our experienced players for the remainder of the season, and if we can see some competent selection decisions moving forward. Then maybe we might still have a chance, as our best is better than anyone. But realistically i think we'll finish somewhere between 6-10, with our possible finals campaign being a short one. Which is par for the course for this club under Scott.

Chris Scott tells us all we need to know with his selection; he doesnt think we can win it, and is probably worried about being embarrassed again on the big stage of finals. Despite the injuries we are choosing not to play Smith over Stanley, we chose not to play an experienced player in Crameri when we were down a forward option today, thus exposing Hawkins to the double and triple team, and once again throwing Zuthrie to the wolves for no obvious benefit. We are choosing to play Blicavs in defense, even though he looks lost and confused down there and cant dispose of the ball without turning it over. And that we are playing him ahead of guys who have spent 2-3+ years playing defensive roles in the VFL side says a lot about how our coach thinks. The injuries hurt, but they dont hurt as much as the incompetence coming from the coaches box. Scott still talks about this team as though we are still in transition mode ala 2015, except our player recruitment since then contradicts this assessment of where the list is.

If, and it's a big if, we can get some continuity out of our experienced players for the remainder of the season, and if we can see some competent selection decisions moving forward. Then maybe we might still have a chance, as our best is better than anyone. But realistically i think we'll finish somewhere between 6-10, with our possible finals campaign being a short one. Which is par for the course for this club under Scott.
This time last week plus a few hours, many were saying we would have had possibly 2 extra wins IF Blicavs had played in defence every week. So which is it? We are so reactive to a single game to lay blame on a player who may have been a bit down.
The real issue was our lack of run in the lastQ, our total thrashing in the lastQ by Kennedy- we have played him back into form. Losing GHS did not help, losing SS was worse, losing Parfitt even worse. We did very well to win 2Q.
Where was Danger in that lastQ? I can't blame him for being awol for a change, but that he was.
Zero clearances to Kennedy's 6.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we quickly find some defenders, a ruck and some forwards we'll play finals, at the moment we definitely look a bottom 8 side.

Scott is saving himself from finals embarrassment with the ridiculous team selections.

The team has too many youngsters to go anywhere during finals and with no ruck and mids who cant defend we are no chance at a flag.

Probably finish 10th.

I will honestly spew if they go b2b it’ll be on par with the Hawks 3peat

Really hating football at the moment
I'm hoping the Pies can maintain the rage. They have the list and form at present to go all the way.

I needed it.

Was quite despondent after the game.

But a good gag like that has reminded me the footy is but a game, and should be kept in perspective.

But still, a humorous line and a great laugh :p

I was waiting for Mr or Mrs serious to quote me and say they both play in different leagues

I’m from Melbourne and I know South’s Barwon are good and Corio are bad but didn’t have a reference for 2 teams in the same league

Tomorrow’s a new day and next week is a new game

At the MCG, yes, and with our style of play which hasn’t changed, they’ll do a number on us again, we won’t handle the pressure.

Only side I’ve seen so far this year to mirror Richmond’s game style is Collingwood, see how they go tomorrow.

Richmond don't let you play. No one will be beating them at the G except for an off day which won't be in September.

Back