Prediction Where do you honestly think will finish on the ladder?

Where do you think we will finish on the ladder after the Home & Away Season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

11th - given the injury list

Just think the Cats will be nuisance value to teams trying to qualify for top 4 or top 8 - might bob up with a surprise win every now and then

As someone posted on the weekend - Geel hasnt played 4 qtrs of top footy for a long time - everything now is just done in bursts
when exactly does a team play 4 qtrs of footy? Even during our golden years of 2007-11 we were known as a burst team that would win games off a great 15 min patch where we would pile on 6 goals. The rest of the time we often just went through the motions.

This week win is crucial to keep the year alive, we can’t afford to keep dropping games (duh).

Hopefully with some key players back in the next few weeeks and a better tested depth we can string together some good four qtrs games leading up to the finals.

If not I think we will skip out of the 8th and have to use the year to develop the kids more than what we were planning to.

I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks we'll finish 2nd on the ladder.

It's our favourite spot on the ladder, we've finished there 6 of the last 9 seasons.

Cats are a bottom four prospect, i can see 8 maybe 9 wins for the year. Too many injuries, poor preparation for the season, not enough depth, questionable strategies, mid field is terrible, ruck strength is zero. The next few years could be Carlton like...major review and changes required.
So we can say it's likely you'll end up wrong. Highly unlikely we don't win another game from here.
Get a grip btw. Please never ever again suggest we'll be Carlton like. Not even close to their level of shitness.

Huh? The two winners of the qualifying finals earn a week off and a home prelim - unless you're suggesting we wouldn't beat Port and would host a home semi final instead?
I'm suggesting Geelong don't get 'home' finals. Every other club in the league does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm suggesting Geelong don't get 'home' finals. Every other club in the league does.

Oh, fair enough. If we earn a 'home' final in any capacity I really hope it's against an interstate team rather than an MCG tenant, so at least we're not actually disadvantaged by a system that is supposed to give us an advantage.

They do have a very good run home.

Port are even more flaky than us... on paper they will likely start favourites in every game apart from v Collingwood at the MCG but they also have Adelaide Oval fixtures against Adelaide, West Coast and Essendon, any of whom may be fighting for top 8/top 4.

Back