Where do you prefer to watch footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to live closer to the MCG but finances dictate I don't. Don't have Foxtel so happy to watch free to air at home or go down to the pub to watch the Hawks.

Cheaper to watch at home if it's a free to air game and I can be in bed as soon as the telecast is over.

That said, nothing beats attending in person and the atmosphere of a game.

Always prefer going to the game >> home. Always.
Hardly ever have gone to a pub to watch a game.

Have been going to a mates place for GFs the past couple years but I've come to realise I really really hate not being able to listen to the commentary (other people there not interested in the game would be talking over it) so I think I'll turn down that invite this year.

Home. Much prefer going to the game but distance is a bit of an issue. Still manage to get to a few games a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends. If a Pies/Big game prefer @ home so I can watch see and hear what is happening. If it is some game I don't really care about will go to the pub and keep updated on the scores. i.e. If I have just been to the game and want a few drinks I will catch the twilight/night game on a big screen.

Always prefer going to the game >> home. Always.
Hardly ever have gone to a pub to watch a game.

Have been going to a mates place for GFs the past couple years but I've come to realise I really really hate not being able to listen to the commentary (other people there not interested in the game would be talking over it) so I think I'll turn down that invite this year.

Or asking questions. Or offering special comments.

Depending on circumstance there is a real chance I will be out of Melbourne GF Day this year for the first time ever. In which case I will not go out and set aside the 3 hours and watch the game alone/with interested parties. Don't want to be caught in a loud s**t fight.

Or asking questions. Or offering special comments.

I dont mind questions. (Hoping a friend from NYC will come down to Geelong with me to the game, am more than happy to do that) I do mind a bunch of idiot girls pretty much talking so loudly they're screaming and have zero interest in the game.

Depending on circumstance there is a real chance I will be out of Melbourne GF Day this year for the first time ever. In which case I will not go out and set aside the 3 hours and watch the game alone/with interested parties. Don't want to be caught in a loud s**t fight.

Where will you be?

I was on the GC during the State of Origin last week. Was in a pub when it was on. Didn't even turn my head to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back