Where do you rank Scott Lycett among the rucks in the league?

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Nic Nat in my opinion is the dominant ruckman in the league, he also has massive score impact, big contested mark numbers and brilliant inside pressure work - to the point where he performs as a dominant inside mid.

Lycett isn't really any of these things atm, but he's showing brilliant promise in his development. My favourite attributes would be his:

* Aggression
* Relative speed
* Ability to mark
* Aggression
* And his pretty decent tap work.

The Sinclair / Jetta trade is looking great, even if it only means that we have gotten more game time into Lycett.

An inform Jetta is a nice possibility.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Lycett's performance doesn't make that deal any better.
One of them would've walked for not much at the end of this season, either way. Getting something in return that might still work out for us isn't an absolute disaster.

Lycett looks the goods, definitely one to watch. Needs a big game in Melbourne to generate hype, though.

Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
159359.jpg

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
One of them would've walked for not much at the end of this season, either way. Getting something in return that might still work out for us isn't an absolute disaster.
Did anyone call it an 'absolute disaster'?

People need to stop rebutting statements no one made.

West Coast had a contracted player that filled an obvious need at Sydney. Massively. The contract they offered him proves this. In return, WC accepted an uncontracted player who was out the door, who might yet be handy but was of zero structural importance. Under those circumstances, WC should have pressed for a better deal.

It's not a 'disaster'. No one said it was. But it is a shitty deal that WC could have improved upon if they were more aggressive.

Lycett looks the goods, definitely one to watch. Needs a big game in Melbourne to generate hype, though.
Irrelevant.

Are you swayed by 'hype'?

Are you evaluating a footballer or running a Twitter feed for a s**t T-shirt start-up?

Last edited:

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone call it an 'absolute disaster'?

People need to stop rebutting statements no one made.

West Coast had a contracted player that filled an obvious need at Sydney. Massively. The contract they offered him proves this. In return, WC accepted an uncontracted player who was out the door, who might yet be handy but was of zero structural importance. Under those circumstances, WC should have pressed for a better deal.

It's not a 'disaster'. No one said it was. But it is a shitty deal that WC could have improved upon if they were more aggressive.

Irrelevant.

Are you swayed by 'hype'?

Are you evaluating a footballer or running a Twitter feed for a s**t T-shirt start-up?
I was intentionally being sarcastic re: absolute disaster. Hard to read that in text I guess, but maybe one day you'll catch on. Some were livid about the trade, I wasn't even clear on it at the time.

And this is bigfooty, and football is predominantly played in Melbourne. Most people on bigfooty are from Melbourne; he needs a big game over there to start getting appreciation in the thread/whatever.

And sorry mate but I don't want to take your business ideas.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I was intentionally being sarcastic re: absolute disaster. Hard to read that in text I guess, but maybe one day you'll catch on. Some were livid about the trade, I wasn't even clear on it at the time.
That's not sarcasm. It's meaningless overstatement.

No one said it was an 'absolute disaster'. So it's redundant to point out otherwise.

Don't pretend there's some hidden nuance that went over anyone's head.

And this is bigfooty, and football is predominantly played in Melbourne. Most people on bigfooty are from Melbourne; he needs a big game over there to start getting appreciation in the thread/whatever.
Huh? I don't even know what this means.

Have you heard of television?

And sorry mate but I don't want to take your business ideas.
What about if I 'generate some hype' for them?

You like hype, right?

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
You like hype, right?
Crikey, I don't even know where to start with that post, so let's just filter the rest.

I don't know why suggesting that 'a big game in Melbourne against quality opposition would make for decent analysis in this thread' warrants a close inspection and expert critique from the son of God.

Until he does have that game, he'll be labelled a flat track bully like the rest of our squad in '16 and it'll be one way traffic here...

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Crikey, I don't even know where to start with that post, so let's just filter the rest.
Crikey, that's pretty unconvincing. Let's just be straightforward.

I don't know why suggesting that 'a big game in Melbourne against quality opposition would make for decent analysis in this thread' warrants a close inspection and expert critique from the son of God.
The emphasis on 'hype' as a metric strikes me as peculiar, as does the insistence that the game needs to be in Melbourne. The word 'hype' generally applies to a phenomenon where the spectacle, novelty and publicity outweigh the substance. To be swayed by hype suggests a failure of critical faculties.

Last edited:

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He tackles well, kicks a few goals, takes a few marks, got a bit of speed hes doing pretty good this year.

May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Crikey, that's pretty unconvincing. Let's just be straightforward.

The emphasis on 'hype' as a metric strikes me as peculiar, as does the insistence that the game needs to be in Melbourne. The word 'hype' generally applies to a phenomenon where the spectacle, novelty and publicity outweigh the substance. To be swayed by hype suggests a failure of critical faculties.
Come on man you must have a lot of free time to come up with these responses

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Gawn
Naitanui
Goldstein
Tippett
Mumford
Martin
Jacobs
Hickey
Kruezer
McEvoy
Grundy
Z smith
C sinclare
Lycett
Leuenberger
Maric

14th best. If we count B brown as a second ruckman ild have him ahead. You know what. * it

15th best. No slight on him. He had a ******* woeful year last year and hes having the year he should of had now compared to last year. Still needs to iron out his consistency. But so do about 40 players wearing the same colours

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Gawn
Naitanui
Goldstein
Tippett
Mumford
Martin
Jacobs
Hickey
Kruezer
McEvoy
Grundy
Z smith
C sinclare
Lycett
Leuenberger
Maric

14th best. If we count B brown as a second ruckman ild have him ahead. You know what. **** it

15th best. No slight on him. He had a ******* woeful year last year and hes having the year he should of had now compared to last year. Still needs to iron out his consistency. But so do about 40 players wearing the same colours
slot gawn in behind goldy, and lycett has had a better year than grundy, kreuzer, mcevoy, smith and especially sinclair. Averaging only a handful less hitouts than those mentioned despite being 2nd fiddle to naitanui, doing a lot more around the ground and kicking far more goals too, behind only goldy and tippett for goals as ruckman. Having brown ahead of him is just a joke, the guy averages 2.5 hitouts a game, plays 95% of the time in the forwardline and still only has 19 goals to lycetts 12. He would have had a season like this last year had he not injured his groin and done his PCL. Stepped in for a couple of games when naitanui missed games and was one of our BOGs against hawks late in the season and more than held his own against sandliands the week after despite playing on one leg.

Back