List Mgmt. Where does our improvement come from in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely thats also true of the wooden spooner? Mathemtically it cant be anything else...

Well we can split hairs the only other team was Brisbane

Also point out we were the only team to play all the returning drug cheats twice , which in itself is interesting
Hibberd, Ryder, Hurley, all aus

Also point out we were the only team to play all the returning drug cheats twice , which in itself is interesting

Not really splitting hairs, you made an unequicocal statement and it was incorrect. But whatevs....

As for Essendon we play them twice almost every year. The only exception in recent memory was 2016 when they were all banned and the Bombers won the spoon!!!

Good posting.

Though Timmy was correct which I like those technical corrections

Given this a bit of lateral thinking

Really think we're pushing for top 4 this year , optimistic off course but consider a few known facts

Easier draw , last year we were the only club apart from the wooden spooners to play 5 teams in double up games who finished above us . Missed the finals by 2 games

Conversion of set shots , fas tried his arse off and it got to him, he knew it too and felt guilty about letting us down

Game plan is improving and boys have more confidence in it more direct and quicker

Better coaching panel

Better structures , moving of players to suit team needs , crisp Moore Murray Adams Howe Dunn represent a quick proactive backline and brings back memories of 2010

Player improvement , better years from pendels , AT , Reid , Grundy. Crisp , Adams , Maynard , Jdg I expect all to be in all Australian calculation including Sidey and Howe
That's how good we could be

Murray. Dunn Howe
Adams Moore crisp
Maynard jdg. Wells
Sidey Reid varcoe
Kirby Elliott whe
Grundy pendels at

Cox Fas greenwood sack

Mason will get first crack , but I expect Sam mcclarty to play
Geez DP I love your enthusiasm

10 Collingwood players in AA contention would be extraordinary. Also outrageous, egregious, preposterous. Hope you are right.

Your backline probably needs a rejig. Murray still has a lot to show before he can even be given a chance in the 22 let alone be locked in. Langdon on the other hand and probably Shaz are considered best 22 at Collingwood and Langdon for the long term given his place in the young leadership group. I see that as the coaching panels thinking currently. Highly unlikely all of Crisp, Adams and Murray will be starting 6 in the backline.

Not really splitting hairs, you made an unequicocal statement and it was incorrect. But whatevs....

As for Essendon we play them twice almost every year. The only exception in recent memory was 2016 when they were all banned and the Bombers won the spoon!!!

And I have edited , Figure if you finish last it's pretty obvious

Anyways my point is and was we played Melb, port, dons twice last year all with returning quality players

Hmm

And I have edited , Figure if you finish last it's pretty obvious

Anyways my point is and was we played Melb, port, dons twice last year all with returning quality players

Hmm

Yep, as I said, we almost always play Essendon twice. Thats been to our advantange for most of the past 15 years

Except in 2016 we only played them once.. We would have been ninth on the ladder going intothe last round in 2016 if we'd played Essendon twice instead of StKilda playing them twice! (although it still would have been a dead rubber in the last round)

Win some lose some..

10 Collingwood players in AA contention would be extraordinary. Also outrageous, egregious, preposterous. Hope you are right.

Your backline probably needs a rejig. Murray still has a lot to show before he can even be given a chance in the 22 let alone be locked in. Langdon on the other hand and probably Shaz are considered best 22 at Collingwood and Langdon for the long term given his place in the young leadership group. I see that as the coaching panels thinking currently. Highly unlikely all of Crisp, Adams and Murray will be starting 6 in the backline.

Did say optimistic, and yep it would be terrific, although we know how it works

But why not in 2007 geelong 10 players made it into team ,I'm talking squad discussion

Last year a poor season we got 2 in which were not in our top echelon
No Adam, no Scott , no Brodie
No Sidey

If fas have kicked straight he would have pushed for a pocket too

Reid looks up and about as well , moving the best I've seen since 2010 - 2011

I've gone off shaz a little after the trial game , few concerns too me

Like Langdon but went for more dash

If Murray doesn't make it , we can try travis

Hoping the 3 SA boys give us something
Certainly they cost plenty

jZ8N3.gif

TBH our whole list management has been pathetic since Buckley has been at he helm. Not saying it's his fault at all but just a timeline .

4 first picks of the draft under Malthouse
Pendles - A grader
Sidebottom - A grader
Daisy - A grader
Beams - a grader

During bucks time 4 first rounders
Sharenberg - zero return
Freeman - zero return
treloar - a grader

Shows you the difference of forming a flag list compared to going backwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given this a bit of lateral thinking

Really think we're pushing for top 4 this year , optimistic off course but consider a few known facts

Easier draw , last year we were the only club apart from the wooden spooners to play 5 teams in double up games who finished above us . Missed the finals by 2 games

Conversion of set shots , fas tried his arse off and it got to him, he knew it too and felt guilty about letting us down

Game plan is improving and boys have more confidence in it more direct and quicker

Better coaching panel

Better structures , moving of players to suit team needs , crisp Moore Murray Adams Howe Dunn represent a quick proactive backline and brings back memories of 2010

Player improvement , better years from pendels , AT , Reid , Grundy. Crisp , Adams , Maynard , Jdg I expect all to be in all Australian calculation including Sidey and Howe
That's how good we could be

Murray. Dunn Howe
Adams Moore crisp
Maynard jdg. Wells
Sidey Reid varcoe
Kirby Elliott whe
Grundy pendels at

Cox Fas greenwood sack

Mason will get first crack , but I expect Sam mcclarty to play
Most of what you expressed are not facts, but more hopes/personal opinions.

TBH our whole list management has been pathetic since Buckley has been at he helm. Not saying it's his fault at all but just a timeline .

4 first picks of the draft under Malthouse
Pendles - A grader
Sidebottom - A grader
Daisy - A grader
Beams - a grader

Sharenberg - zero return
Freeman - zero return
treloar - a grader

Bit of selective memory there. Fraser, Roach, Didak, Woewodin, Cole, Morrison and Egan all taken in/for 1st round picks under MM before 2005 when we took Pendles and Daisy. Seems to be some misses among that group as well. From my reading of that group it seems to be a strike rate of about 28%.

Bit of selective memory there. Fraser, Roach, Didak, Woewodin, Cole, Morrison and Egan all taken in/for 1st round picks under MM before 2005 when we took Pendles and Daisy. Seems to be some misses among that group as well. From my reading of that group it seems to be a strike rate of about 28%.
im not saying it's either coaches fault but look at any premiership list they are created by good drafting which we have not

im not saying it's either coaches fault but look at any premiership list they are created by good drafting which we have not

Different paradigm. When we should have been drafting the players who build the core of Buck's teams we were trading out early picks for short term gains like Jolly and Ball and Wood. Add a few years of compromised drafts and subsequently diluted access to the draft pool. Your comparing apples with oranges.

Sharenberg - zero return
Freeman - zero return
treloar - a grader

+ Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead, Moore, DeGoey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back