Where does Steve Smith rate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if that's true.

Cam Green, already in the side, plus his a allrounder, who else?

Jason Sangha (23), 31 FC games averaging 28, was meant to be the next big thing 5 year ago :'(

Ollie Davies (22) - Yet to play a FC game and looks s**t from what I've seen.

Tim Ward (25) - 1 FC Hundred

Teague Wyllie (18) - Only 18 and has a hundred which is impressive but overall average of 23.

If your truly going to make it you'd be hitting FC hundreds in your early 20s, Smith could easily play on into his 40's form permitting because our batting stocks suck.

Cam Green, already in the side, plus his a allrounder, who else?

Jason Sangha (23), 31 FC games averaging 28, was meant to be the next big thing 5 year ago :'(

Ollie Davies (22) - Yet to play a FC game and looks s**t from what I've seen.

Tim Ward (25) - 1 FC Hundred

Teague Wyllie (18) - Only 18 and has a hundred which is impressive but overall average of 23.

If your truly going to make it you'd be hitting FC hundreds in your early 20s, Smith could easily play on into his 40's form permitting because our batting stocks suck.

You left out Aaron Hardie who seems to be improving by the day, I think he'll be right in the mix for a spot come next summer.

How many hundreds did these guys have after the same amount of tests as smith (92 currently).
Tendulkar had 28, Kallis had 21. If you don't include Bradman having 29 when he finished after 52 Tests then I believe Tendulkar, Hayden and Gavaskar all had the most after 92 Tests with 28 until Smith just beat them with 30.

Kallis with 45 test hundreds just does my head in

Freak

Tendulkar you expect, but Kallis 45 test hundreds ALONG with his bowling.... insane

I think Smith will end up just bleow Sanga

Yeah the workload Kallis put in puts him extremely high in my view. Bit like Walter Hammond from a previous era, so much bowling, and far far more than just a relief bowler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back