Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

The japanese have tried and failed, but they are very competitive and if is the Arc we are talking about there is only one winner every year, and they only take a couple of horses over there, if you took a flotilla they would have more horses finish closer to the winners than the Europeans.
You are also underating Hong Kong Horses, yes its a fishbowl, yes they have a lot of horrible horrible horses, but races at class 3 level and better are much better than our standard saturday races, (and max field sizes are 14}

Wrong as usual - they have had tons and tons of attempts sending their absolute A grade horses (including arguably their best ever) and have failed.

I'm not just talking the Arc either - they've taken plenty to Ascot and haven't got near a winner.

Hong Kong can produce a sprinter but outside that they are miles off the mark. They have never been internationally competitive at anything other than a sprint trip. Able Friend was beaten a furlong at Ascot and the Japs/Europeans only have to send their second stringers over to be competitive.

if i could work out how to search threads i would find it . but you did say it, you might have said it as a counter to my arguments once, and i know you sometimes do that to get a rise out of me (it works!)

There's a search button top right mate :thumbsu:

because they are going to the Europeans domain. when the Europeans go to Japan the Europeans get belted too.

The A grade never go as going to Japan and winning doesn't add to their breeding value. Who was the last truly top European to race in the Japan Cup?

do you think thats healthy for racing?

Yup - hasn't seemed to impact it for the last 300 years. Racing is at its best when you have people with bottomless pits of money to throw at it.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yup - hasn't seemed to impact it for the last 300 years. Racing is at its best when you have people with bottomless pits of money to throw at it.[/QUOTE
The A grade never go as going to Japan and winning doesn't add to their breeding value. Who was the last truly top European to race in the Japan Cup?
cos they know they cant win

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yup - hasn't seemed to impact it for the last 300 years. Racing is at its best when you have people with bottomless pits of money to throw at it.
so what happens when one or two of them lose interest?
English racing is rubbish. its boring
i do like the jumps they have over there though, if only we had jumps races like that over here.

so what happens when one or two of them lose interest?
English racing is rubbish. its boring
i do like the jumps they have over there though, if only we had jumps races like that over here.

They may lose interest but it hasn't happened so far. Just as well might ask what if they ban the whip in Australia?

Also laughable you saying English racing is boring when you get bored by Winx beating the same camels over and over again.

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Speaking of all these GOATS, this is just around the corner from my joint in Drouin.

I think there's about 75? Group 1's there. :)

18426415_10209777693504369_829643021_o.jpg

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
They may lose interest but it hasn't happened so far. Just as well might ask what if they ban the whip in Australia?

Also laughable you saying English racing is boring when you get bored by Winx beating the same camels over and over again.
i do!
i want her to go to the Arc too. they wont take her now, they are protecting her winning streak

ok i give you that, English STAYERS are good, but the depth isnt. That is my beef

What are you talking about? They are the best/deepest on the planet at every distance bar sprinting

unisil

Draftee
Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
I here people go on about Winx, M-Diva, So You Think, Black Cavia.

The Cox Plate is the ultimate test of a race hrse given all horses meet equally under the WFA system.

But Kingston Town was a real champion. Not a short distance champion only or a long distance Champion. He could win at 1200 mts and back up and win the Sydney Cup of 3200 mts. And he won at most distances in between. Winx, like Manakato, So Yiu Think and others will not run past 2400 Mts.

I hail the King as one the gratest warriors of the turf. A champion at all distances.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

The Cox Plate is the ultimate test of a race hrse given all horses meet equally under the WFA system.

But Kingston Town was a real champion. Not a short distance champion only or a long distance Champion. He could win at 1200 mts and back up and win the Sydney Cup of 3200 mts. And he won at most distances in between. Winx, like Manakato, So Yiu Think and others will not run past 2400 Mts.

I hail the King as one the gratest warriors of the turf. A champion at all distances.

How'd he go at Flemington and Caulfield?

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong

*hear
*Caviar
*You
*greatest

I'll let M-Diva slide, but it annoys me greatly.

Back