Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

haha distance spread.

completely irrelevant. i'm sure you were already swooning over Frankel before he got tested over further.

:rolleyes:

It's a factor when comparing horses of comparable ability/performance. It didn't matter with Frankel as he was so much better than them.

BC is not that much better than Winx that you shouldn't take versatility into account.

:rolleyes:

It's a factor when comparing horses of comparable ability/performance. It didn't matter with Frankel as he was so much better than them.

BC is not that much better than Winx that you shouldn't take versatility into account.

BC's distance spread is 1000 to 1400 , Winx is 1400 to 2000 its only 200m more.its not a great argument

BC's distance spread is 1000 to 1400 , Winx is 1400 to 2000 its only 200m more.its not a great argument

BC had one race at 1400, all the rest of her races were in the sprinting division.

Winx has been completely dominant in two distinct divisions that are viewed as such by every racing jurisdiction on earth.

The Warwick Stakes is now going to be renamed the Winx stakes and has somehow been upgraded to Group 1 status - WTSF!?!?!

What races are being downgraded to allow the time honoured Warwick Stakes and Surround to become G1s - laughable!

I think we can all agree what the calendar was missing was a 1400m WFA G1 in August :rolleyes:

The Warwick Stakes is now going to be renamed the Winx stakes and has somehow been upgraded to Group 1 status - WTSF!?!?!

What races are being downgraded to allow the time honoured Warwick Stakes and Surround to become G1s - laughable!

I think we can all agree what the calendar was missing was a 1400m WFA G1 in August :rolleyes:
Kingston Town won it thrice and gets nothing !

BC had one race at 1400, all the rest of her races were in the sprinting division.

Winx has been completely dominant in two distinct divisions that are viewed as such by every racing jurisdiction on earth.
Kingston Town's jurisdiction was 1500m to 3200! So by your measurment KT >>>>>>>>>>> Winx . Black Caviar could have been dominant over a mile if she raced over it (but pointless arguing cos she never ran over it)

Kingston Town's jurisdiction was 1500m to 3200! So by your measurment KT >>>>>>>>>>> Winx . Black Caviar could have been dominant over a mile if she raced over it (but pointless arguing cos she never ran over it)

You keep missing the point where the overall ability is the first metric - distance versatility is a tie breaker - otherwise Mahagony would be our best ever

It's almost as if the punting public doesn't own the horse, and the actual owners can do whatever they want with her.

Obviously they want the 4th Cox Plate. I would too tbh. 4 > 3

It's almost as if the punting public doesn't own the horse, and the actual owners can do whatever they want with her.

If I ever get a moderately good horse it is going straight to Royal Ascot even if it gets flogged - that bloke who owned Criterion knew how to live :thumbsu:

I also want a good 3yo filly so I can run it Wakeful-Cup-Oaks-Mackinnon all in one Carnival

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the owners are multi billionaires. Why wouldn't they go for the Everest? its worth 13 million. The cox plate 3 mill i think. They are just running it as a show horse right now. They wont risk it in any challenge. Its disappointing to me because she is not proving herself the best in the world she is just being shown off.

the owners are multi billionaires. Why wouldn't they go for the Everest? its worth 13 million. The cox plate 3 mill i think. They are just running it as a show horse right now. They wont risk it in any challenge. Its disappointing to me because she is not proving herself the best in the world she is just being shown off.

Lol you answered your own question with your first sentence. They aren't doing it for money. Agreed it's a show horse, they want to make sure it's name holds up in history. They've obviously decided going for the Cox Plate again is the best way to do that. I wouldn't disagree. We've had plenty of horses go over and win at Ascot. Never had a horse win a 4th Cox Plate.

Lol you answered your own question with your first sentence. They aren't doing it for money. Agreed it's a show horse, they want to make sure it's name holds up in history. They've obviously decided going for the Cox Plate again is the best way to do that. I wouldn't disagree. We've had plenty of horses go over and win at Ascot. Never had a horse win a 4th Cox Plate.
so basically she is staying for the Commonwealth games and avoiding the Olympics. 4th Cox plate is no big deal, Fields of O Cat won 2 and he couldnt get out of his own way overseas.

The world handicappers are on record saying Australia will transition to having more sprint-mile G1’s over coming years and less/consistent number of 2000-3200m events due to our dominance in that area.

Depends if you want her name to hold up in history on a local or global level. If i had the highest rated horse in the world i know what i would prefer

I just can’t see what Winx is missing out on by staying home. There’s no group of champion 2000m horses screaming out to be taken on. I mean Highland Reel won all over the world and Winx made him look like a provincial horse over here. Everyone is quick to point how much the travel and trip to ascot destroyed Black Caviar when she made the trip, but who’s to say the same wouldn’t happen to Winx, and why would connections risk that to a horse they clearly love.

I would’ve been excited if she’d taken on the Everest to see if she could do it, but it’s hardly a star crop of sprinters. Redzel, In Her Time, Redkirk and Trapeze Artist are nice horses but nothing special. I’d say Happy Clapper, Humidor and Gailo Chop are relatively stronger opposition. I’d prefer they went the other way and cut a deal to get her a realistic weight to get her to take on the cups (hardly the dodgiest thing to be done in this industry, or even unprecedented).

I think mainly though people are forgetting the magnitude of the cox plate to people involved in the racing industry. It’s the biggest race of the year won by the best horse in the country.

If I ever get a moderately good horse it is going straight to Royal Ascot even if it gets flogged - that bloke who owned Criterion knew how to live :thumbsu:

I also want a good 3yo filly so I can run it Wakeful-Cup-Oaks-Mackinnon all in one Carnival
RSPCA called in with your 3yo filly schedule plan

I just can’t see what Winx is missing out on by staying home. There’s no group of champion 2000m horses screaming out to be taken on. I mean Highland Reel won all over the world and Winx made him look like a provincial horse over here. Everyone is quick to point how much the travel and trip to ascot destroyed Black Caviar when she made the trip, but who’s to say the same wouldn’t happen to Winx, and why would connections risk that to a horse they clearly love.

I would’ve been excited if she’d taken on the Everest to see if she could do it, but it’s hardly a star crop of sprinters. Redzel, In Her Time, Redkirk and Trapeze Artist are nice horses but nothing special. I’d say Happy Clapper, Humidor and Gailo Chop are relatively stronger opposition. I’d prefer they went the other way and cut a deal to get her a realistic weight to get her to take on the cups (hardly the dodgiest thing to be done in this industry, or even unprecedented).

I think mainly though people are forgetting the magnitude of the cox plate to people involved in the racing industry. It’s the biggest race of the year won by the best horse in the country.
If i was an owner then yes the safest and probably more sensible $$ decision is to stay at home and contest the Cox Plate again.

But as a fan of the sport, a trip to Ascot is far more appealing

It didn't even have to be Ascot. America or France or going to dirt. Hell I would've even taken a trip to the Hong Kong fish bowl. Just a different challenge than seeing the same thing again and again against our spuds

If they only care about the money then sure just tick them off here over and over but what a massive waste of opportunity if you love the sport

The comments about the horses welfare are just a cop out. If she travels and isn't right over there just pull the pin

It didn't even have to be Ascot. America or France or going to dirt. Hell I would've even taken a trip to the Hong Kong fish bowl. Just a different challenge than seeing the same thing again and again against our spuds

If they only care about the money then sure just tick them off here over and over but what a massive waste of opportunity if you love the sport

The comments about the horses welfare are just a cop out. If she travels and isn't right over there just pull the pin

while i would for my own greedy self like to see her overseas. IMO big statement time,

the HK Trip killed chautauqua.

the talk around the time for not going to ascot was that race really, really took it out of him. yes he won 1 g1 after that however was a supremely poor TJ.

cue Paris outrage

This is not even considering the requirements of Quarantine injections or doing an Elite Belle or to lesser extent Jameka on the way over.

disappointing, but i'm over it and don't think less of her for it.

He came back with multiple G1 placings and won the TJ Smith. I wouldn't buy for a second that it ruined him he was just a very good sprinter whose output dipped only slightly with age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back