Racing Where does Winx now sit in Hall of fame

Remove this Banner Ad

winx worse record than sunline, you say have to win overseas to be a superstar, winx has not done that sunline has, so refute that Sunline is not better than Winx then. go on, you are catergorically adamant Winx was better

Where did i say you have to win overseas to be a superstar?

Given Sunline was beaten by a number of her superiors that raced at the same time, and I said Winx is the best of the last 25 years, by the laws of transitivity Winx > Sunline.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
research-traps-7-ways-of-thinking-that-keep-you-from-doing-great-customer-research-42-728.jpg

See - Rosy Retrospection

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
BC was a great sprinter. Probably of all time. Winx is a better all round horse.
BC is the best sprinter ever produced in Australia. Ever.
I actually think its recency counts against Winx. The unbeaten stretch at group 1 level and group 2 level at WFA middle distance is almost unprecedented in this country. Vo Rogue is the only one that comes to mind in stringing together WFA wins from.1200m to 2000m but he got found out in Cox Plates. If anyone can give me another im keen to hear.

In many respects Winx isn't getting plaudits she deserves

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
BC is the best sprinter ever produced in Australia. Ever.

I actually think its recency counts against Winx. The unbeaten stretch at group 1 level and group 2 level at WFA middle distance is almost unprecedented in this country. Vo Rogue is the only one that comes to mind in stringing together WFA wins from.1200m to 2000m but he got found out in Cox Plates. If anyone can give me another im keen to hear.

In many respects Winx isn't getting plaudits she deserves
Maybe Vo Rogue didn't handle Moonie Valley. On face value, the old Moonie Valley track should have made it harder to run him down. Vo Rogue might not have handled the tight turns. I don't know.
Yeah, BC was the greatest sprinter and one of my favourites. Winx is very good and a better all round horse. Occy, Saintly, Filante and Might And Power, etc were world class horses in an era when Australian middle distance racing was strong. Better Loosen Up won a Japan Cup and Naturalism lost one by a bees dick. Nothin Leica Dane was good but only beat Occy (my fave but not the greatest obviously) in the Victorian Derby because Occy took too long to get a clear run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fair, but even inside that there are variables.

If Black Caviar doesn't exist Hay List is a 5 time Gp 1 winner hailed as one of our best ever sprinters

On my figures, Hay List was the equal of Takeover Target.

Black Caviar v Winx over 1400m at their prime.

Who wins?

At that trip, probably Black Caviar. HOWEVER, if Waller gets 6 months notice that they are to set Winx for a 1400m race, and has her trained up for that trip, not 2000m, she'd be a chance. In that scenario it'd be a helluva race.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
ughh. what you guys cant get through your heads and probably why you cannot win on the punt is because when there are 5 or 6 horses in a race of similar ability its a lot harder to be able to dictate the race and therefore be dominant because you have so many horses you have to worry about, Is there any chance that O F S and NLD were just classes above the others and just came about in the same season cos thats what happened, and then in other seasons there is nothing (Pinker Pinker, Solvit, Shamaus Award, Rising Prince, Fields of Ocat) , and in other seasons there are horses like So You Think and Winx and Sunline before Northerly came around who were just lengths better than the horses they met and therefore classed as the best since Kingston Town..

Solvit beat Rough Habit who beat Naturalism. I'm not sure your argument stacks up.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Solvit beat Rough Habit who beat Naturalism. I'm not sure your argument stacks up.
Solvit was a warhorse battler who beat Rough Habit on a dry track, Rough Habit was a great cos he was really versatile. BUT he raced in the best era of all time and was about the 6th or 7th best horse at the time AND he was lengths better in the wet. Just like Durbridge he only came good when the really good horses retired.

Dominic Beirne has winx 2L better than BC.

the only time BC was ever let go was the time she almost got beaten by Wanted when she knuckled at the start and at Ascot when she was injured.
Ratings shmatings,.. we never saw her at her best ever
She is the Usain Bolt of Horse racing. her stride was what made her so good,. she took 7 strides over 100 meters most horses take 9. Anything less than 1400 metres beats Winx by 6 lengths, over 1600m.. we dont know but i would still bet on BC, further.. well BC was not made for that Winx kills her

BC has a huge asterix given all the 4-5 horse fields she beat. She beat the same horses over and over again which is why she was able to win so many races in a row and have such a protected record- not like the 'taking turns' champions of the early 90s.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be honest I don't think there's much more under the hood with horses like BC when they win on the bridle. Much to be said for a controlled gallop.

Still Winx hasn't really been released either.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
On my figures, Hay List was the equal of Takeover Target.

At that trip, probably Black Caviar. HOWEVER, if Waller gets 6 months notice that they are to set Winx for a 1400m race, and has her trained up for that trip, not 2000m, she'd be a chance. In that scenario it'd be a helluva race.
Hay List at his best was better than Takeover Target.

Back