Opinion Where has the club gone wrong?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It is refreshing ( in a masochistic type way ) to hear that Schoey may not be happy with the attitude of a number of players, but the bloke who I believe will be the one to eventually drop an atom bomb on all areas of incompetence of the club, is Monty, and I doubt he will do it as quietly as Josh Francou did when he said goodbye after only one season with the mob down the road.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Put the feel and tribey on ignore i suggest. press the top contributors link to observe how they flood the whole forum with negativity.
Appeal to bodymoan to return, he at least could be entertaining.
Read up about the pareto porinciple
Vote labor to restore faith in fairness

I think perhaps my sarcasm was lost in translation. Let me state my position for you clearly:

I 100% support Dr Feel and his position on Ken Hinkley. My post was, in fact, a jibe at people like you who refuse to look statistical data in the face. Hinkley has won three finals. Three.

As far as I know (and I’m happy to be proven wrong) there is no other coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club who has won so few finals in such a long tenure.

He is a catastrophic failure.

I’ll put feel and tribey on ignore when I’m dead.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When mediocrity became something not to be criticised.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you think that the act of sitting down during NTUA would be a good way to express the feelings to the club?

Could be something organised by cheer squads, and develops through the season. A kind of ghandi protest?

It’s about the only way that the crowd has to show their displeasure, without non-attendance.
The intent is right, but wrong song. NTUA is fans united against outsiders. What should be done is fans standing and turning backs to Not giving in. A visceral expression that we don’t believe the players and coaches pay any service to playing that way. At worst the club ditches the song, that’s a mockery with this playing group anyway.

This is my concern... some other club (that’s down the road) giving him the chance.

We know they’ve got Form.

The worse we play, the less likely this is a threat.

Dumping Hinkley at end of this year for Schofield works on several levels. We can piss off the co-captain bullshit, have a Port person heading up the club for our 150th that will honour our tradition, a fresh start, excitement, recharge the base.

Then we can work on bringing back Wingard. Hawthorn deserve to be Croad’ed.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Do you think that the act of sitting down during NTUA would be a good way to express the feelings to the club?

Could be something organised by cheer squads, and develops through the season. A kind of ghandi protest?

It’s about the only way that the crowd has to show their displeasure, without non-attendance.

We could melt
For a thousand years
But you'd still s**t on us
Making Wines and Tom peers

We knew that
You'd go in dry
By trading out Wings
Though most of us don't know why

We were pleading
You couldn't care
Three Ks colluded
So you could never, ever, tear up that contract

ab56452001

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2009
salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
s**t like this from the likes of Greg Denham and Patrick ‘one of Koch or Hinkley has to go’ Smith was bordering on insanity.

As if Port still owed Hinkley some great debt for coming in and providing us with two (2) years where we unexpectedly didn’t suck simian testicles dipped in curdled man-milk as usual.

And what takes the cake is we still have a significant chunk of our supporter base who subscribes to this notion. Who have no problem with a failing coach, and his failed methods, having burned through the primes of four and literally abandoned two of our best players, and collecting three quarters of a million bucks a year to do it!

Awww go on, Ken. Burn yet another year as Robbie, Trav, Paddy and Hoff prepare to ride into the sunset, because Rozee, Butters and Duursma might eventually become as good as Wingard and Polec by the time you hit your 10th season in the role.

I mEaN HavE wE FoRgOttEn 2o11?!!

Crikey effing moses.
Yes its frustrating , you'd could be excused for believeing most of our supporters were born after 1997

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I woud be surprised if we don't have co-captains next year whether there is a coaching change or not.

If one of Jonas and Wines do not stand down of their own accord I cannot imagine KT, Davies, Koch, and Hinkley culling to one captain against the will of Jonas or Wines. It would have ramifications that they wouldn't be prepared to deal with … would they want either of Jonas or Wines to be hurt?

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I woud be surprised if we don't have co-captains next year whether there is a coaching change or not.

If one of Jonas and Wines do not stand down of their own accord I cannot imagine KT, Davies, Koch, and Hinkley culling to one captain against the will of Jonas or Wines. It would have ramifications that they wouldn't be prepared to deal with … would they want either of Jonas or Wines to be hurt?
I think we should appoint captain(s) that can at least find a target.

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Jonas is not captain material. It’s hard to captain when your stuck in defence. It’s either Wines or just give it back to Boak.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas is not captain material. It’s hard to captain when your stuck in defence. It’s either Wines or just give it back to Boak.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree he isn't but I'd be gobsmacked if the Football Committee and the club ditched the co-captaincy idea after a year. You know how it is, the more we're against it the more they'll stand by it.

Back