Opinion Where has the club gone wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seriously... look at the first reply. Dude it comes from your ******* boss everytime he's on TV/radio.
mrichotweet.JPG

Sep 6, 2007
Hiding in the sand dunes
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Getting rid of Koch and Ken would make me pony up

Yep, these are my red lines also.

I have sworn off giving Port Adelaide a cent of my income nor a ******* second of my genuine emotional engagement (I mean, I still watch the games but I refuse to be truly involved in them, not like I used to be), until these two have become bad-tasting memories in our storied history books. They can take KT with them as well.

Until I see genuine accountability from the top, all the fancy words in the world couldn't draw me back.

As MrMeaner said all the responses are just defensive rather than understanding the supporters point of view which is meant to be the point of the exercise.

It's just another case of the club telling us we are wrong and they'll continue to do what they think is right rather than what the members believe is right.

They are fighting a battle they will not win.

Seriously... look at the first reply. Dude it comes from your ******* boss everytime he's on TV/radio.
View attachment 655499

I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what these people were talking about...but he needs them to actually say 'We don't like KT and Koch talking that way' so he can go back to the board and say 'Here you go, people hate your softly softly s**t'.

As MeMeaner said all the responses are just defensive rather than understanding the supporters point of view which is meant to be the point of the exercise.

It's just another case of the club telling us we are wrong and they'll continue to do what they think is right rather than what the members believe is right.

They are fighting a battle they cannot see.

I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what these people were talking about...but he needs them to actually say 'We don't like KT and Koch talking that way' so he can go back to the board and say 'Here you go, people hate your softly softly s**t'.
Mate, nobody is going to go back to the board and say anything ... anything they don’t want to hear, which is anything and everything remotely negative.
The board, such as it is, does not want to hear ... not until there are new bums on seats in the board room and new ears and brains above them. (Exclude Darren Cahill and Gavin Wanganeen who are there for cosmetic purposes and to take their turn polishing Koch’s shiny dome.)
For a start, as George told us, nobody other than Koch can get a word in for the first five hours of any board meeting.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
As MrMeaner said all the responses are just defensive rather than understanding the supporters point of view which is meant to be the point of the exercise.

So true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Wow, the co-captains decision has cut deep for so many.

It really has damaged the brand. Complete disaster that was entirely self-inflicted.

How on earth a single captain wearing #1 was viewed as an impediment to on-field success is beyond me.

I'm probably a bit unique on here where the co-captains thing is a bit of a minor issue for me compared to say, the Hinkley extension or the lack of accountability at the top of the club.

I think if people felt the club was moving in the right direction, they'd accept co-captains, but the belief in this regime is totally gone and the co-captains issue was the final nail for a lot of people.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm probably a bit unique on here where the co-captains thing is a bit of a minor issue for me compared to say, the Hinkley extension or the lack of accountability at the top of the club.

I think if people felt the club was moving in the right direction, they'd accept co-captains, but the belief in this regime is totally gone and the co-captains issue was the final nail for a lot of people.

True that it is secondary compared to the Hinkley extension and the on field direction, but if they were coming off a couple of premierships and opted for co-captaincy I still believe it wouldn't have been accepted but maybe people would be living with it better provided they offered a deeper reason and offered it respectfully.

This and other behaviours are really showing them up to be a bunch that assume they own the club rather than being custodians of it.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
This and other behaviours are really showing them up to be a bunch that assume they own the club rather than being custodians of it.

Absolutely, and it's that word again. Accountability. Koch isn't accountable to anyone. KT is only accountable to the Koch led board. Nobody has to worry about performing badly and losing their job, so there is no pressure to get decisions right or worry about what the supporters might think.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
This guy can't be ******* serious. How about he asks the people who bent over and still ponied up the cash to be members through loyalty whilst still seething at the decisions made. **** me.

Because those people are suckers that haven't put their money where their mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we're too far away from people inside the club turning on each other to save their own arses. It's going to be pretty spectacular when it all plays out.

I don't think we're too far away from people inside the club turning on each other to save their own arses. It's going to be pretty spectacular when it all plays out.

Lol Koch is going to be the self destructive atomic bomb. It's easy to pick.

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dear Whoever. As a long time supporter of the Port Adelaide Football Club, the last thing I want to read coming from the club is "the need to remain competitive with the enormous clubs that we compete against...Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast, Essendon. All of them significantly bigger than us, in a competition that is relentlessly evolving."

the enormous? WTAF. Like what are we to do? Cower?

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dear Whoever. As a long time supporter of the Port Adelaide Football Club, the last thing I want to read coming from the club is "the need to remain competitive with the enormous clubs that we compete against...Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast, Essendon. All of them significantly bigger than us, in a competition that is relentlessly evolving."

the enormous? WTAF. Like what are we to do? Cower?
Losers mentality. Already got an excuse.

Back