Where have Collingwood media gone in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

On Monday I installed an additional 192TB of storage for media files, etc, so maybe we'll see more soon. They didn't have much free space prior to that.

You work at Collingwood?

It was only around 3 years ago that we launched our highly vaunted stage 3 rebuild which included a new fully kitted out media centre - IIRC we spent a $1 million on what was the best media centre of any sporting club in the country. There was even talk of having our own 24/7 channel.

Our club produced a bunch of weekly programs - Sarah Allen hosted team sheets, we had Chrisso + various other co-hosts doing a weekly review. Bucks would go toe-to-toe with Robbo every Monday night while Gerard Whateley looked on with embarrassment. We had 'Press Red for Ed' on one or two occassions. We had good club media coverage of our AFLW program and even some insight into our netballers. A VFL program had its own cult following.

In recent years it seems to be slowly diminishing to the point where there's very little media that the club are producing themselves apart from a post match interview with a player and the senior coach's pressers.

Has the Collingwood media thing been a failed experiment?

I think they decided it wasn’t worth the $

It was only around 3 years ago that we launched our highly vaunted stage 3 rebuild which included a new fully kitted out media centre - IIRC we spent a $1 million on what was the best media centre of any sporting club in the country. There was even talk of having our own 24/7 channel.

Our club produced a bunch of weekly programs - Sarah Allen hosted team sheets, we had Chrisso + various other co-hosts doing a weekly review. Bucks would go toe-to-toe with Robbo every Monday night while Gerard Whateley looked on with embarrassment. We had 'Press Red for Ed' on one or two occassions. We had good club media coverage of our AFLW program and even some insight into our netballers. A VFL program had its own cult following.

In recent years it seems to be slowly diminishing to the point where there's very little media that the club are producing themselves apart from a post match interview with a player and the senior coach's pressers.

Has the Collingwood media thing been a failed experiment?
Unliked just so I could like this again.

The Black & White Minstrel Show?
My favourite!
tenor.gif

Working in the Media at the Pies must be the easiest job in the world with the lack of content coming out over the years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a mate who is one of the smaller mid tier sponsors he is also a player sponser and has 8 of the main memberships think they are called Legends.

Hasn't got a good word to say about that department he is amazed they keep the doors running with how it's run.

Sounds like a common theme at Collingwood.

I think they decided it wasn’t worth the $
People complained the shows were rubbish, and why do we bother....Walsh is just lying in the injury report, Buckley shouldn't waste his time, just win a flag.

The club listened, took it all away, and the same chronic complainers are complaining again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People complained the shows were rubbish, and why do we bother....Walsh is just lying in the injury report, Buckley shouldn't waste his time, just win a flag.

The club listened, took it all away, and the same chronic complainers are complaining again

Lol Walshy injury reports I miss those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back