bigmaxi

All Australian
Nov 11, 2006
hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roosters
Help please, in case I have missed something can someone let me know where Daniel Howe is up to ? No JLT appearance ? Will he be available for round one ? Thanks

I’d like know as well. Where is Howe, Gunston, Schoenmakers and Minchington? Seems like the club continues to provide very little info when it comes to player injuries.

I’d like know as well. Where is Howe, Gunston, Schoenmakers and Minchington? Seems like the club continues to provide very little info when it comes to player injuries.
It’s definately a conspiracy. They will not play footy in 2019. You can bookmark it :drunk:

(We manage loads and injuries in the back ground. If it were material to our chances this season then we will come out soon enough.)

I mention in the Round 1 thread, that I believe that Scrimshaw should be in the side before Howe.

While I don't question his effort or dedication, he's very limited as a footballer and I feel that perhaps some at the club feel the same.

I think that if anything, he's best suited to a tagging role.

Or I could be way off and totally misreading the situation.

Hopefully we find somewhere for him because despite his shortcomings, he certainly does try and he's also not afraid to fly the flag.

I mention in the Round 1 thread, that I believe that Scrimshaw should be in the side before Howe.

While I don't question his effort or dedication, he's very limited as a footballer and I feel that perhaps some at the club feel the same.

I think that if anything, he's best suited to a tagging role.

Or I could be way off and totally misreading the situation.

Hopefully we find somewhere for him because despite his shortcomings, he certainly does try and he's also not afraid to fly the flag.

Howe's bruising size together with his commitment to the contest make him a rare commodity in the Hawks midfield. We need him. If he is not accidentally cleaning up his team mates he is creating a path for JOM and Shiels.

And when he is playing well, we tend to look our best.

Last edited:
Howe's bruising size together with his commitment to the contest make him a rare commodity in the Hawks midfield. We need him. If he is not accidentally cleaning up his team mates he is creating a path for JOM and Shiels.

Or perhaps when we are playing well he looks his best.

If all he has going for him is his size, then he's sure as hell not going to make it.

Like I said, I'm not questioning his heart, but unfortunately he doesn't bring a while lot to the table.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, just telling it Howe I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all he has going for him is his size, then he's sure as hell not going to make it.

Like I said, I'm not questioning his heart, but unfortunately he doesn't bring a while lot to the table.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, just telling it Howe I see it.

I don't want to get into a debate about Howe... it might be he is our 4th or 5th best mid and that is all this is about.... but i certainly don't think his size is all he has going for him.
I don't actually know what his "limitations" are? He plays a role... but nothing he does is flawed imo.

I don't want to get into a debate about Howe... it might be he is our 4th or 5th best mid and that is all this is about.... but i certainly don't think his size is all he has going for him.
I don't actually know what his "limitations" are? He plays a role... but nothing he does is flawed imo.

Like I said, nothing personal against him.

I honestly think he's best suited as a defensive midfielder, however with Shiels owning that role, I'm not sure what else he brings to the table.

Think the kid has plenty of heart and definitely passes the no DH's policy.

Like I said, hopefully we're able to figure out a way to fit him in.

What are peoples thoughts on him as a defender?

I wonder if he would be able to cut it as Stratton's eventual replacement?

He can play big, he can play small.

He can take a grab, he isn't afraid to put his body on the line either.

He also has a bit of campaigner in him too.

I could be way off the money, but was just a thought.

What are peoples thoughts on him as a defender?

I wonder if he would be able to cut it as Stratton's eventual replacement?

He can play big, he can play small.

He can take a grab, he isn't afraid to put his body on the line either.

He also has a bit of campaigner in him too.

I could be way off the money, but was just a thought.

Personally I reckon he's too slow, lacks dexterity to be a defender. I like him as a tagger/defensive mid

Do you believe that? Howe is a down hill skier?

His finals performance last year was excellent. He stood out in significant wins last year, like v the Cats.

I don't know if i believe it or not too be honest was just throwing it out there.

I'm actually one of his biggest fans and I thought he would be the 1st person to benefit from the Mitchell injury.

His progression has actually been very good. It's actually sad it appears he won't be there R1.

He is/was primed for a big year.

Personally I reckon he's too slow, lacks dexterity to be a defender. I like him as a tagger/defensive mid

Same, I just think that role goes to Shiels.

I'm honestly struggling to see another role for him though, unless we're planning to let Shiels off the leash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back