Where is Daniel Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

Aside from Mitchell are we missing many from the best 22? Gunston will reportedly be fine for Round 1 and not sure you can include Birchall when he hasn't played for two seasons.

Mitchell, Wingard, Scully at an absolute stretch but given his injury if he plays at all (and he will) it should be treated as a bonus. So I count two?

My read of it, also. Didn't think it was so bad.

When i read the original post and the guy following it up, i thought they were just having a laugh. But then i checked who the posters were...

Grant Birchall Knee Indefinite
Kaiden Brand Ankle TBC
Jack Gunston ITB soreness Test
Jacob Koschitzke Finger Test
Tom Mitchell Leg Season
Tom Scully Ankle Indefinite

Chad Wingard Calf 1-2 weeks

From AFL injury list. Hmm... Birchall, Scully no fault of staff. Aren't they training and heaps ahead of where projected.

Mitchell freak accident.

Leaves Brand, Gunston Kozzi all looking alright.

Wingard probably misses and Howe. Probably both each for a week or so.

Seriously only Essendon fans, snipers or toe rags would have a go at our medical staff over their pre-season efforts.

Hats off to the staff, i say.

He's back, baby!
Nice game from the young man.

That was easily the least unsure, looking around everywhere-taking too bloody long to move the ball game I've seen from him.
He'd mark it, set off in a direction clear of traffic, and just chose an option in his initial line of sight.
It looked so assured, minus all of that deer in headlights weve seen before.
If that's the new Howe and what we get from here on, he won't get dropped again.

Played a brilliant game on the half back line. Did he actually rotate onto the ball? Or was he simply stationed on the half back flank to replace Jarman? Whatever it was, brought the best out of him. His marking is MUCH better than I initially thought. Really courageous player Dan is. Also seems a much better kick when he's in the backline.

Played a brilliant game on the half back line. Did he actually rotate onto the ball? Or was he simply stationed on the half back flank to replace Jarman? Whatever it was, brought the best out of him. His marking is MUCH better than I initially thought. Really courageous player Dan is. Also seems a much better kick when he's in the backline.

Played the Birch role and did it really well.

Happy to be corrected, however I thought his role over the weekend was his role through the later part of his juniors days.

Think so too.

Remember reading he was playing half back at Xavier and doing really well and the coach decided to give him a run in the midfield and he also started playing relaly well there too.

Howe's intercept marking was a treat last week. The fact they moved Selwood on to him to negate his influence is a huge wrap.

I'll agree Howe had a shocker but what idiot allowed him to be isolated on Cameron the Christian early? It's dumbass world.

That is the coaching Faux Pas of the century for stupidity. He was actually good in the last against taller slower players.

As I've said Fagan and Hodge own Clarko so far since they left. Hopefully he will once again work it out against them. Is it 4 nil now? And with the exception of Kennet's curse is that the longest he's been systematically beaten?

Howe was bad today? I think he's playing that role pretty damn well the past 2 weeks. First time I've ever thought he might make a decent AFL player.

Totally agree - he is one of those players your think is just coming good and bang knocks you off the perch again - really no excuse it’s not like he is a first or second year player he has been in the system for a fair few years now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he did very well. Good intercept marks, good body pressure, and generally reliable. Let down by more experienced teammates in the back half (not to mention our kicking at goal).

Will take some time for the team to build cohesion in the back 6 again.

Some years often , some years not

Very rarely. We haven’t had a full strength team once this season, don’t think we did the previous two years before that either, and we already know we won’t have one until at least the last month of next season, that’s without any additional injuries/suspensions between now and then. Really need a good base/squad of about 30 “AFL” players.

disappointing performance after such a good game last week....is slow leg speed wise but good in the air and body on body

Very rarely. We haven’t had a full strength team once this season, don’t think we did the previous two years before that either, and we already know we won’t have one until at least the last month of next season, that’s without any additional injuries/suspensions between now and then. Really need a good base/squad of about 30 “AFL” players.

Yeah of course there will be injuries. I'm not saying get rid of the bloke, I'm just saying I can't see him getting a regular game.

I'll agree Howe had a shocker but what idiot allowed him to be isolated on Cameron the Christian early? It's dumbass world.

That is the coaching Faux Pas of the century for stupidity. He was actually good in the last against taller slower players.

As I've said Fagan and Hodge own Clarko so far since they left. Hopefully he will once again work it out against them. Is it 4 nil now? And with the exception of Kennet's curse is that the longest he's been systematically beaten?

Uhm. So, we're the better team for most of the game, able to move the ball as needed because of the players picked and the positions they were placed in, and because the boys kicked points instead of goals Clarko was owned?
One of the wierdest assessments I've read on here.

We don't have anyone fast enough/burst to go with Cameron except maybe Poppy.
Could have been tried but would have been very left field.
Hardwick tried and did alright at times, every one else including the captain were just hoping to limit the jet propelled Lion and the footing on the field didn't help us.

Don't understand your thinking at all. Do you believe that a coach can just win every position on the field regardless of players at his disposal AND the need to do what his own team does well, not just worry about what the oppo is trying?
I thought Clarko was excellent on the weekend, made a top 2 team look just average and really starved them of free flowing high scoring footy. They stayed patient and got the rub, no problem.
We were still better in more parts of the field.
Clarko gets the points for that alongside the players on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back