Where is Essendon at?

Remove this Banner Ad

So after strolling back inside and being informed we had in fact played our 2nd game of AFL-X (I thought we played at 9 for some reason) I jumped on here and was shattered to learn the campaign was over at the first hurdle.

Lets be honest the season was a disaster. Couldn't even win a single game and to be frank looked very poor the whole season. So where to from here?

Personally I vote we tank the upcoming 24 pre-season games to get the best draft picks to have a real crack at AFL-X next year, nothing but a full reset will get us into the winners circle where we belong.

Think we should just give it up. Recruit bogut and enter into a pub basketball league. Saw Laverde hit a half courter while playing jenga last week. We'd smash it for sure.

We lost to two non finals teams in a non AFL match.

The only meaningful thing to take out of this is our goal-kicking sucks.
Way to embrace the thread.

We lost to two non finals teams in a non AFL match.

The only meaningful thing to take out of this is our goal-kicking sucks.

The 5 players that will finish top of our goal kicking weren't playing. So unless they weren't playing because their goal kicking has been s**t since Christmas im not sure we can take that out of this at all.

I missed our games. Am not disapointed.

Still confused how you get 10 poonts for kicking a 40 metre kick.

Super goals are dumb imo.

Imgaine you are leading in a tight game by 6 points with just over a 1 minute left only for some * from the other team to kick a super goal and win the game.

Glad super goals arn't in the season proper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did we know about the pomegranate salad dressings before we drafted him?
because im laying this all at Dodoro's feet

We could have traded pick 1 for Prestia and have a flag by now.

This is without a doubt an issue of list management. Watching some of these kids like Begley, McKenna or Parish run around last night, and you'd swear they'd never played a game of AFLX in their life.

If the James Hird Academy isn't spending 7-day weeks with the teens running up and down a rectangular field, we might as well call a Board-spill and give the whole gig away.

This is without a doubt an issue of list management. Watching some of these kids like Begley, McKenna or Parish run around last night, and you'd swear they'd never played a game of AFLX in their life.

If the James Hird Academy isn't spending 7-day weeks with the teens running up and down a rectangular field, we might as well call a Board-spill and give the whole gig away.

Hang on, if hirdys kids are playing soccer, we get the academy doing their training on a rectangle and the a league is looking too give out a new license. I think I know what we need to do.

After very closely not watching any of it my belief is there's lots of stuff we should've done better. Our match day coaching and Brent Stanton did nothing to help our cause but I think we still would've lost anyway.

There's this other game going on at this time of year called AFLW. Not sure what it's about but perhaps we should try that this time next year as AFLX, based on what I didn't see, is way beyond our capabilities, especially if they keep gifting games to bloody Stanton.

Country folk struggle with things like navigation.
Doss please. I don't need one of those fancy electrical things you call a GPS.

I use the sun, the stars and good old fashioned instinct to find my way around our great land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back