Where is roughy at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love everything Roughy has done for the club and have been inspired by his courageous return to the game, but he is struggling badly and I'm beginning to wonder what his plans will be for next year. From an outside perspective the captaincy looks to have been a burden that's made things even harder for him.

I love everything Roughy has done for the club and have been inspired by his courageous return to the game, but he is struggling badly and I'm beginning to wonder what his plans will be for next year. From an outside perspective the captaincy looks to have been a burden that's made things even harder for him.

Huh?

dude has played the most minutes this year by a Hawk which is a massive effort

your attitude is poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a bloke out of form/fitness he still seems to get a bit of the ball!!! Which shows he's trying and has good work rate. This season isn't the end, I see it as the ' re-start ' on an awesome conclusion to an awesome career.

Everyone seems to forget that prior to this year the last time he played footy he was playing in a mighty hawks team with Lake, Hale, Sam, Lewis.Gibo was on career best form and we were planing our 3rd success flag.

Remember he didn't play last year at all.

Reality has hit Rough hard that he's now playing in a side that's rebuildung and no longer that same powerful club with these championships playing along side him on the field and add to that he's just come back from death and is ongoing taking test to make sure he's still safe.

He's doing his best to make do with what he has.

Hodge took over the captaincy when we were up and flying, he didnt have to captain a young rebuilding team because Crawford and then Vanders and Sammy did that for him.

Let's give him a year to get over that whole cancer thing for starters.

Is he physically back to his best right now? What about mentally? Only he would know. Yes, he didn't have his best game over the weekend and has been down a little this year but to me that should be expected. Here's hoping he can build on the year so far and get better and better. If he can, then who knows where the team as a whole can go.

Has been an an abosulute champion footballer and i rate him overall better then buddy,has had health issues this year but still had a reasonable season and for anyone to say his done needs to either grow up or look themselves in the mirror.

Has been an an abosulute champion footballer and i rate him overall better then buddy,has had health issues this year but still had a reasonable season and for anyone to say his done needs to either grow up or look themselves in the mirror.
Rough is an absolute champion but there is no way known he is better than Buddy. More versatile, definitely. But not better. And for the record, I don’t think he’s done - had a better season than a lot of people expected I think. I’m hoping with the weight of the captaincy removed he will have an even better season next year.

Rough is an absolute champion but there is no way known he is better than Buddy. More versatile, definitely. But not better. And for the record, I don’t think he’s done - had a better season than a lot of people expected I think. I’m hoping with the weight of the captaincy removed he will have an even better season next year.

Roughie is better

After all he's a one club player and loyal!

Been bingeing on 2013-15 highlights this past few late nights on U-Tube and by GAWD!! He was absolutely better than bud in those 3 years!! For those who have forgotten how many overhead marks, one on ones or even two on ones he beat out, have a geez through those games in that period! Absolutely took oppo defenders to the cleaners time and time again. Also kicked a lot of running and stoppage goals and for a bloke his size , it was top shelf!! I cannot see another Roughy coming through anytime soon unfortunately. Pivotal in the ThreePeat!

Been bingeing on 2013-15 highlights this past few late nights on U-Tube and by GAWD!! He was absolutely better than bud in those 3 years!! For those who have forgotten how many overhead marks, one on ones or even two on ones he beat out, have a geez through those games in that period! Absolutely took oppo defenders to the cleaners time and time again. Also kicked a lot of running and stoppage goals and for a bloke his size , it was top shelf!! I cannot see another Roughy coming through anytime soon unfortunately. Pivotal in the ThreePeat!
Thanks for the reminder MS.

Buddy always got all the focus. But every time Hawks played Sydney since Buddy's move over there - Roughy has kicked more goals than Buddy. (may be one exception, but definitly true of the 2014-2016 period.

No growing up or mirror-looking required.

The best players in any sport, inevitably - sooner or later - reach 'the end'.

Nothing can, or will, ever take away from Roughy the champion player that he's been; nor, can anyone take his role away from what he's contributed to HFC.

In saying that, if he's Best 22 on form at the end of 2019 then it says more about our KPF than it does about his longevity as he's done more than enough & he is less than a season away from his footballing end (certainly as the 'Roughy' that we know).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back