Where is roughy at?

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Been bingeing on 2013-15 highlights this past few late nights on U-Tube and by GAWD!! He was absolutely better than bud in those 3 years!! For those who have forgotten how many overhead marks, one on ones or even two on ones he beat out, have a geez through those games in that period! Absolutely took oppo defenders to the cleaners time and time again. Also kicked a lot of running and stoppage goals and for a bloke his size , it was top shelf!! I cannot see another Roughy coming through anytime soon unfortunately. Pivotal in the ThreePeat!

Yeah Rough was without a shadow of a doubt a top 10 player in the competition between 2013-2015.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Yeah Rough was without a shadow of a doubt a top 10 player in the competition between 2013-2015.
Exactly!!! The players Top 50 rankings always had him up high in the top players in the comp along with hodge Mitchell and Cyril, and to me the players votes do hold more weight than some so called expert w***er.

It'll be worrying for the club if Roughy goes on in 2020, we really need someone to show that they're capable of matching his output.
If he kicks 50 goals this year would it be worrying? and why? Tuck played till he was 38 winning premierships. It all depends on his capabilities. We measure everything the decision will also be measured and swift if necessary

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If he kicks 50 goals this year would it be worrying? and why? Tuck played till he was 38 winning premierships. It all depends on his capabilities. We measure everything the decision will also be measured and swift if necessary

If he kicks 50 goals this season I'll stop posting on this forum, that's how confident I am it won't happen.

I'd probably lower that bar. There were only 7 players who kicked 50 goals or more last year and 2 were already Hawthorn players in Gunston and Breust. Only 15 kicked more than 40.

I think 40 goals and no decrease in mobility is a fair pass mark for him to go on in 2020.

Bookmark it all you want, you won't be needing the bookmark. Seriously the delusion on here from some thinking Roughead will kick nearly 20 more goals than last season lol.

I'd take it less as thinking Rough will kick 20 more goals than last season than a hope that he will so you stop posting.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bookmark it all you want, you won't be needing the bookmark. Seriously the delusion on here from some thinking Roughead will kick nearly 20 more goals than last season lol.

"His performance in the last two years wasn't to the level it had been for the bulk of his career," Clarkson said.

50 could be a stretch you are right. 6-6-6 might help as he is better one on one, when marking and virtually no chance when double or triple teamed.

Not directed at you HR but should the rule about getting personal with players apply to Hawthorn fans/BF posters as well? Poor form on this board at times.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
"His performance in the last two years wasn't to the level it had been for the bulk of his career," Clarkson said.

50 could be a stretch you are right. 6-6-6 might help as he is better one on one, when marking and virtually no chance when double or triple teamed.

Not directed at you HR but should the rule about getting personal with players apply to Hawthorn fans/BF posters as well? Poor form on this board at times.

Correct Rough has been a star and that's because it's a combination of cancer treatment and getting well into his 30s. If People think Rough is just going to turn back the clock and kick 50+ when nothing suggests he will then I can't help that Hawthorn delusion lol.

I love the Rough and what he's done for this club, but it's clear as day he's on his last legs, that's no faulty of his own though.

It'll be worrying for the club if Roughy goes on in 2020, we really need someone to show that they're capable of matching his output.
Why would it be a worry if he plays next year? He will only be playing for the Hawks if they offer him a contract. It's not like they have to sign him if he wants to play on.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why would it be a worry if he plays next year? He will only be playing for the Hawks if they offer him a contract. It's not like they have to sign him if he wants to play on.

I meant if he plays on at HFC as I don't think he'll play on at us if he thinks he might be at Box Hill, so what I meant was if Rough is still a lock in our best 22 in 12 months time I think it's a concern about the lack of development of our younger players.

I can say that right now HODGEYROAD. Burgoyne being best 22 is an indictment on our club.
The fact is you have made a blanket statement no reference to performance. My reference to 50 goals was to performance
What if he ticks all the boxes? Already I can see that Rough looks a lot happier out on the track and a lot more focused. remember wasn't just the cancer last year he was also a new dad. All these things thrown in just like I backed Breust in last year to have a big year I am backing the Rough. Come the end of the year things will take care of themselves

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
With Lewis Nash and even Shoey more Half forwards than Full. Roughys spot is now that of a Forward-Ruck or a Ruck Forward.

Rough 31 McEvoy 29 Ceglar 27 I think I see our recruiting need (not that I'm saying anything new)

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Taking emotion out of it, it will be worrying if he is in our best 22 after the bye.

I love big Rough, but if he is still in our best 22 deep into the season we have missed a trick this year.

This is going to be a really delicate situation for the club to handle this year, no-one wants to see Rough playing VFL, but if we get into a position contending is unlikely we need to see Lewis given every opportunity to develop.

I'm expecting Rough to play around 12 games this year, rested for many, and that Lewis and Nash will be given plenty of opportunities. Sicily may be even thrown forward late in the year if it looks like he may be our best chance in 2020 to take a contest grab in the front half.

With Mitchell back next year, another FA swing (hopefully Coniglio) and perhaps a first round pick still in our pocket, we need to have one eye firmly towards 2020 across the season. Finding a key forward is central to this.

I meant if he plays on at HFC as I don't think he'll play on at us if he thinks he might be at Box Hill, so what I meant was if Rough is still a lock in our best 22 in 12 months time I think it's a concern about the lack of development of our younger players.
He might be done but he might not, way to early to say for sure. He's another year removed from the cancer treatment, he had ankle surgery at the end of last year, and he isn't the father of a new born or the Captain this year.

How about we see how he goes before suggesting he's done

How about we see how he goes before suggesting he's done
Naaah, I'm reliably informed he just can't cut it anymore

there is no way I can see how he plays senior footy, thats not a blight on him but the game even at that practise match level has gone past him

That's that...

Back