Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Source please? I would love to post this on our board if true, it will quieten a few people
My apologies, I went back and checked with my source, it was 380k down to 280k. Sydney felt he wouldn't be a top 3 mid at the club and wasn't worth anymore. Mitchell was even happy to start at $380k and build up to $550k over the 5 years but Sydney wouldn't improve their offer.

He'd now be Sydney's best midfielder only 20 odd games after departing the club, funny how it works isn't it ?
Well he was their second best midfielder in his last game for them, behind only an aging Kennedy that is now on the decline.

I feel comfortable knowing that he has performed in finals and a grand final and they are stuck with guys that have let them down twice.

Read like spin-doctoring to me. The last line was a dead giveaway. AFL: everyone say after me, "the Swans didn't stuff this up"...

The 'journalist' who wrote this is not sure what his story is. He started with a conclusion, and tried to build an argument based on speculation and observation....

He makes some 'interesting' points.

"They (Sydney) had also prioritised other – more important – re-signings over the previous 12 months."

I wonder who is more important now... which is when we're talking about. Heck, it was obvious come GF day in 2016 who was and wasn't more important.

"Anyone sense a win-win trade?"

A couple of top 20 draft picks with potential, doesn't quite add up to a stand and deliver, proven Grand Final ball winner. Let alone an All Australian... So no, it doesn't look close to a win-win at this stage.

"Most industry sources AFL.com.au contacted believed the Hawks' offer was worth at least $600,000 a season, some were confident it was up to $700,000 a season."

These guesses would be more credible, if they had a single person's name attached to them. What is this, AFL New Idea?

Thrown the Chas away.

Jon Ralph will be yelling from the rooftops to ensure he is ineligible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big season for Tom. He is now genuinely an elite player and top 10 midfielder in the comp, so coming with that will be all that added attention, and tagging. Will be interested to see how he deals with it. The last 2 weeks have been tough. Great that Ratts is that to help him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back