Where the grand final should be played

Remove this Banner Ad

hawkfan5

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2000
Ausdoc Oval
Other Teams
Hawthorn
The MCG is the best ground in the world and the capacity is the highest in Australia apart from the olympic stadium. You think you should have finals where the capacity of the ground is 30,000. Your an idiot if you do.
They'll be a sell out and of course people will complain because they can't get in.
The MCG is the best ground in Australia and until 2 teams from the same state get in a final the games should be played there.
And just remember, the AFL was originally the VFL, we didn't need the rest of the country to play the Victorian teams so stop complaining, also there is only two interstate teams who have any chance of making the grand finals or getting far in the finals (West Coast and Sydney)

Go Hawks!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you are joking right. You didn't need the other teams in the VFL. The VFL was near on broke you idiot. Many of theteams would have finished like Fitzroy did. The interstate teams have breathed new life into the comp. If all the interstate teams left and started theirm own comp, I can tell you which for certain which one would be more successful, the interstate one. I am a former Victorian also, so I think I know what i'm talking about. If it wasn't for the interstate teams, Hawthorn, St.Kilda, and the Bulldogs would prolly have bitten the dust or at best merged. So get your facts right, and another thing Subiaco holds 45000.

hawkfan5 I agree, the MCG is the best football stadium in the world and having the grand final atmosphere would be truely amazing! BUT sooner or later (since almost half the teams in the AFL are non Victorian) there will be 2 interstate teams in the Grand Final. Yes the MCG holds the biggest crowds and Yes no other grounds come close to this, but gee how boring would it be for Victorians to have to hold such an event - I know if there was a Sydney vs Brisbane GF being played in Perth there would be little interest!

Ok, just say all the non Victorian Teams pulled out of the league, and added a team from Tasmania and the NT, that would be 8 clubs and playing each other 3 times would be quite good. Since the Victorian clubs have and still are struggling with membership - if you pull out these teams the VFL would struggle.

And eagles_rule Subiaco Oval holds 42,500 or 43,000

Pointless argument... the GF will never be moved. Even if it's two interstate sides. Would West Coast and Brisbane agree on avenue for a GF other than the MCG? Adelaide because it's half-way ? I think not.

Perhaps if it was Eagles v Dockers or Adelaide v Port (don't laugh, It might happen) they might agree to play locally but the chances of that are statistically very low, whereas the chances of two victorian teams playing are is better than half.

I don't even think the sydney thing will get off the ground (the idea was that the GF would be transferred if MCG were re-developed before the 2006 commonwealth games)

But the MCG has a contract and with the GF the major money earner each year, I can't see them compromising that for what is fast becoming a mickey mouse competition (commonwealth games)

So It's a bit like the 'even draw' argument, it's a great idea but it'll never happen

The best we can hope for on the draw is a 'contract' between the clubs and the AFL so the draw meets certain 'fairness' criteria - so the AFL can't pull any 'funny' business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back