Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I know we're living in difficult times,However there is a window for hardcore diehard tiger supporters too hopefully witness live flag #13.
If any side you'd feel comfortable of forking out your hard earned 2 weeks before you know your side will make it would be us.

How Victorian AFL fans can watch the Grand Final at the Gabba in Queensland
Diehard AFL fans have found a way to attend the Grand Final in Queensland despite the Sunshine State’s border being closed to Victorians.
Olivia Jenkins, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
September 2, 2020 8:00pm
There is a way Victorian fans can get to the Queensland AFL Grand Final. Picture: AAP
There is a way Victorian fans can get to the Queensland AFL Grand Final. Picture: AAP
MORE IN SPORT

Axed Docker wants trade to big Vic club

Inside story: Why isn’t Riccardi a Magpie?

Robbo: Who are the untouchables in Roos’ huge list cull?

similars

Diehard Victorian footy fans are plotting a two week quarantine in the Northern Territory in a bid to get to the Gabba for the Grand Final.
Wyndham Vale mum Tammy Holt is gearing up to cross state lines to watch her beloved Pies if they secure a spot in the premiership decided.
NT Health confirmed to the Herald Sun on Wednesday that Victorians could head to the territory to quarantine for a fortnight before they could then travel onto the Sunshine State.
Queensland has closed its borders to Victoria — a declared “COVID hotspot” — but not the NT.
But Victorians would have to fork out $2500 to cover the cost of mandatory quarantine at “facilities” in Darwin or Alice Springs.
“Once a person has completed their quarantine requirements they are free to arrange further travel plans," an NT Health spokesman said.
Ms Holt said her family had been “considering” the move, but hoped Victorian case number drop enough that she and 13-year-old daughter, Trinity, could head straight to Queensland to quarantine there ahead of the game.
“I have enough leave at work and we are cheer squad members,” she said.
A Pies fan since she was 13 years old herself, Ms Holt has had two interstate footy trips cancelled this year, but said she’d quarantine if it meant she could see the Pies play.

“Of course we’d be concerned about the cost of quarantine and what would have to be done not knowing if we make it, but I’ve been following (Collingwood) since I’ve known what footy is”, she said.
Dedicated fans are already making plans in the hope their team makes it to the Grand Final. Picture: Alex Coppel
Dedicated fans are already making plans in the hope their team makes it to the Grand Final. Picture: Alex Coppel
Fellow Pies supporter John Speziale, 56, crunched the numbers on quarantining with his family in the Northern Territory before heading to Queensland, but found the border restrictions too much to bare.
“I would love to go up and watch it with my whole family but the border restrictions stop me from even attempting it,” he said.
Mr Speziale said he was a dedicated fan, but the limited number of spectators allowed into the stadium also deterred him from jumping through border hoops.
“With only about 30,000 people allowed in, I don’t know if I would even get it,” he said.
AFL Fans Association president Gerry Eeman said most clubs had small but vocal supporter bases in Queensland.
But he said regardless of the crowd size, competing clubs should get at least the same proportion as when the game is played at the MCG - about 17,000 per club.
“Club members have shown incredible loyalty this year and need to be looked after,” Mr Eeman said.
“And when the Grand Final returns to the MCG, the AFL must reward members who paid their fees but did not see a game this year by maintaining or increasing their Grand Final allocations.”
MORE NEWS:

I wouldn’t do it, I’ve already seen one Grand Final live, don’t really need to see another. This is a possible once in a lifetime opportunity for Queensland Richmond supporters if we make it, it might be the only one they get to see live.

If we decided to do the quarantine I wonder if the club are going to honour our gf ticket guarantee we have with 3121/Maurice Rioli club memberships etc
I wonder this too, also if it would be transferrable. Have family up in QLD that don't have guarantees but are big fans (been happy as Larry with all the Tigers games up there). If I can't make it i'd love to be able to transfer allocation to them.

I wonder this too, also if it would be transferrable. Have family up in QLD that don't have guarantees but are big fans (been happy as Larry with all the Tigers games up there). If I can't make it i'd love to be able to transfer allocation to them.
Yep this is me as well.
Considering I have forked out $1170 for absolutely nothing with the club giving no information or indication about anything (which I am pissed about), and considering they will start taking 2021 monthly payments from 1 November.
If we make it, I want that ticket so I can pass it off to someone who really can use it.

What are the odds of getting a ticket as a Qld Interstate member?
You’d hope good, but I’m not sure. We’re probably not going to know how it’s going to go down for a few weeks still.

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Definitely won’t be transferable so don’t tell them you want to know if they can just give it to your family etc..

Just say you want it for you... then it is absolutely your right to do with the ticket as you please as long as you don’t scalp it for over face value.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
What will be interesting is how they allocate the participating club tickets at say 5000 per club, guarantee first, then club members so we should be ok here in Qld , given the gabba is a third of the size of the g competing clubs would get a third I would say, any thoughts ?

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Yep this is me as well.
Considering I have forked out $1170 for absolutely nothing with the club giving no information or indication about anything (which I am pissed about), and considering they will start taking 2021 monthly payments from 1 November.
If we make it, I want that ticket so I can pass it off to someone who really can use it.
don’t give it that campaigner _Wang_ who cancelled his membership he can gagf:p

Flight to Darwin in dry season. $500
Two weeks quarantine at own expense. $3000
Flight from Darwin to Brisbane. $300
Accommodation in Brisbane and ticket $1000
spending money while in quarantine and in Brisbane $1500 easy
flight from Brisbane to Melbourne $250
Anyone who does that is hardcore and wealthy as *
If I was a Melbourne or st kilda supporter with plenty of leave and a truckload of cash, I’d briefly consider it but not when I support a side that I have seen win two of the last three premierships and given it’s a bit of an asterisk season then it’s a no from me.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Flight to Darwin in dry season. $500
Two weeks quarantine at own expense. $3000
Flight from Darwin to Brisbane. $300
Accommodation in Brisbane and ticket $1000
spending money while in quarantine and in Brisbane $1500 easy
flight from Brisbane to Melbourne $250
Anyone who does that is hardcore and wealthy as fu**
If I was a Melbourne or st kilda supporter with plenty of leave and a truckload of cash, I’d briefly consider it but not when I support a side that I have seen win two of the last three premierships and given it’s a bit of an asterisk season then it’s a no from me.
Could take a good 1.5k off that easily.. still expensive but doable.
Flights to Darwin on the 9th of October are $211.... quarantine costs 2500... won’t need much spending money in quarantine as foods provided... you’ll get a half decent room in qld for $250 and ticket cost $400 max. There’s over 1.5k saved already.

Could take a good 1.5k off that easily.. still expensive but doable.
Flights to Darwin on the 9th of October are $211.... quarantine costs 2500... won’t need much spending money in quarantine as foods provided... you’ll get a half decent room in qld for $250 and ticket cost $400 max. There’s over 1.5k saved already.
Fair point, but risky seeing as we might not even make it.
Stuck in a hotel room for two weeks? No thanks.

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair point, but risky seeing as we might not even make it.
Stuck in a hotel room for two weeks? No thanks.
Yeah the risk is massive.. I was 50/50 yesterday but the more I think about it probably can’t justify it..

Suppose it’s what would you regret more in ten years... missing seeing us win a flag live or going and paying the money quarantine for 2 weeks and we lose a prelim..

luckiky I was there in 17/19 so think it’s a no from me too.

Yeah the risk is massive.. I was 50/50 yesterday but the more I think about it probably can’t justify it..

Suppose it’s what would you regret more in ten years... missing seeing us win a flag live or going and paying the money quarantine for 2 weeks and we lose a prelim..

luckiky I was there in 17/19 so think it’s a no from me too.
Yeah I was lucky to be at both as well.
In a bit of a mickey mouse season, the risk is too great.
As I said if I was Saints fan and they were up there with a chance in a few weeks, I'd consider it.

Back