Where to now?

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I guess that questions were asked and the team and club answered them emphatically. While the North game in Tassie was disappointing, the Essendon game was really the only game that I got upset about all season (and we still had a huge chance to win). I thought at the time (and I still think this) that the team got in front of itself, started believing it's own publicity and thought that they just had to roll up to win. Oh well, I'll take one bad week a year if we ever have a year like 2018 again.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I guess that questions were asked and the team and club answered them emphatically. While the North game in Tassie was disappointing, the Essendon game was really the only game that I got upset about all season (and we still had a huge chance to win). I thought at the time (and I still think this) that the team got in front of itself, started believing it's own publicity and thought that they just had to roll up to win. Oh well, I'll take one bad week a year if we ever have a year like 2018 again.

We just had no forward line.

That and it's nearly impossible not to have a few down games a year.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hindsight is a wonderful thang..as are our emotional rollercoasters..
All part of the passion, the highs and lows of this wonderful game called football..
But I still maintain the signs were all there since late 2017.
Anyway, on we go...into the maelstrom once more, onwards and upwards!?

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Perth boy approaching gillo94 levels and figure09 being found out are my favourite parts of this thread

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
What was our forward line for this?

Rioli - Ryan (back from injury) - Waterman
Cripps - McInness - Lecras (fractured wrist)

Take out Lecca and Cripps that's about 45 games experience at the time.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
We are a fickle bunch of fans at the end of the day. Since out inception we have had long periods of success and a lot get impatient and frustrated if we have 1 bad year and even worse when its 2-3 bad years.

And that’s why we’ve won 4 grand finals and lost 3. Were playing off in a grand final every 4.5 years. We demand success unlike other clubs

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
And that’s why we’ve won 4 grand finals and lost 3. Were playing off in a grand final every 4.5 years. We demand success unlike other clubs
Interestingly, we have had two 9 year droughts between Grand finals at the end of premiership periods (1994-2005 and 2006-2015). I think that is why the club has been successful at winning flags, when a squad gets to the top they have been able to have multiple cracks at Grand Finals. We've also been pretty lucky, having had 3 grand finals decided by less than a goal and winning both 06 and 18 (for a combined 6 point margin!). Had we lost those, we could be considered another unlucky club like Collingwood or St Kilda - such a fine line.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Interestingly, we have had two 9 year droughts between Grand finals at the end of premiership periods (1994-2005 and 2006-2015). I think that is why the club has been successful at winning flags, when a squad gets to the top they have been able to have multiple cracks at Grand Finals. We've also been pretty lucky, having had 3 grand finals decided by less than a goal and winning both 06 and 18 (for a combined 6 point margin!). Had we lost those, we could be considered another unlucky club like Collingwood or St Kilda - such a fine line.

Looking at it the wrong way.

Another goal to is in each and is a combined 18 points and no one questions them (as a Chris masten is a hero after nailing the goal to put us ahead this year).

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
You guys are in trouble I reckon.

Yeah i agree. Chris Scott will complain to the AFL its not fair when WC thump Geelong in Geelong and our contingent of fans that flew over will be booing to theirs hearts content. Meanwhile Jordan Clark and Tim Kelly have a quite moment during said boo's and think about their future in WC colours and how much excitement it will bring them for the future.

Back