V_Townsend

Debutant
Feb 11, 2007
Daylesford
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Daylesford Bulldogs
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out a bit, im in the process of moving to the Gold Coast and wondering if anyone could help me out on which clubs would be good to join or if there is any sort of website? Thanks

Junior or senior football?
In senior footy the leading clubs are Southport, Broadbeach and Labrador. These teams are in the Queensland Div 1 comp while the others are in Div 2. Palm Beach is the best team in Div 2 although they lost the GF.

In juniors it's mainly about where you live. Broadbeach and Southport are also the leading clubs in juniors while other clubs like Labrador, Surfers, Palm Beach and Tweed are good competive clubs I believe.

ahh, jouniors, definatly dont even look at coomera. lost their 16's this year, may have also lost another team. A few of the kids went to mudgie, and they are not flash at all. if you want to win go to one of the teams mentioned by SIT.

Thanks guys, its seniors. Do you know what the standards are like in div 2? Palm beach might be the option as my nan actually lives there. If anyone else has any advice that would be good.

The standards are really quite good at Palm Beach. They have a few really good players and could really challenge in the 1st div if given the chance IMO. Not sure what it would rate to Melbourne competetions but the Gold Coast and Queensland in all could become competitive with some of the bigger footballing states in several years.

Robina is in the state assoc div 2, which is effectively div 4, so there is another option.

Thanks for that, where i play we just have Seniors and reserves, i know there are divisions up there but is there still a senior and reserve side for each team?

Broadbeach is a good club. Great people, great playing surface, young list, Nathan Ablett.

Southport is pretty much the Collingwood of the Gold Coast - very rich. They have all the money to buy alot of the top players and to spent on their facilities.

ahh, jouniors, definatly dont even look at coomera. lost their 16's this year, may have also lost another team. A few of the kids went to mudgie, and they are not flash at all. if you want to win go to one of the teams mentioned by SIT.
I use to go there moved to labrador lost under 16s thats why i left.Shame really.They were doing well.Anyway mate go to labrador now!Best club in the world!Dont go to southport the ass holes!

The standards are really quite good at Palm Beach. They have a few really good players and could really challenge in the 1st div if given the chance IMO. Not sure what it would rate to Melbourne competetions but the Gold Coast and Queensland in all could become competitive with some of the bigger footballing states in several years.

Expect that to change dramatically this year.

Lot of money that was going into Palm Beach may have dried up.

Coolangatta may surprise a few this season.

Expect that to change dramatically this year.

Lot of money that was going into Palm Beach may have dried up.

Coolangatta may surprise a few this season.

Interesting you say that because new lights went up last month and the ground is looking as great as ever.

Sure the social club will never be like Southport, but maybe you have a good source and a lot of $$$ went into the lighting for the ground, because they are excellent.

Not sure the OP was chasing big money or winning games. Palm beach staying in Div 2 I would imagine would mean more wins than losses this year and then there is the Palm Beach lifestyle if you are trying to stay away from the tourists!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once got caught up in a police raid in Palm Beach whilst taking a quiet stroll down Jefferson Lane one eventful night. Probably why the tourists stay away.

Yes, I have heard it goes through a transformation when the sun goes down. Being a married/kids/beach/sport lifestyle person, I don't see the 'events' down at the main drag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back