Where to put RICHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmondfan#1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2000
AFL Club
Richmond
On Roarpower, there has been alot of discussion about where to put Richardson.

Centre half back, full forward, centre half forward?? WHERE?

I would put him centre half forward or full forward. He has the ability to run, kick long into goals and take a strong mark. Either option suits him.

CHB would be wrong im my eyes as it leaves a gap in our forward line and makes us look desperate.

------------------
The Mighty Tigers for 2001.GRRRRRR

Agree RF1 (as you know!)

Richo is an effective forward. He has provn this.

Put yourself in the position of the opposition coach. Where would he least like to see Richo play? I'm tipping on the forward line!

Richo is the money man. He must predominantly play at CHF as Carey does. For a little variety, he could be played at Full Forward or as a roaming type.

He would be wasted at CHB and does not have any of the training or skill to run in the ruck.

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

There is an interesting article in today's Herald Sun about Richo. It looks more than likely that he may be rotating on the ball with Ottens & Gale this year.

Also of interest is that Richo is 197cm tall (6'5"1/2) and NOT 195cm as listed in the media guides.

Sounds like Richo & DK are on track for a round 1 return.

OMH, wasn't it good to pick up the paper and see a) a double spread on solely football and b) that spread dedicated to Richmond!

Richo has always had a huge running capacity and may well succeed on the ball, but I would only do this in short bursts.

I still stand by my original comment that he should play where the opposition least want to see him play - and that is as a forward.

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Originally posted by Joel 11:
Just let him roam the forward line and go wherever he wants as this is when he is most effective.

Agreed ... Hird-style role rather than Carey or Lloyd.

------------------
TT - Obligatory bad-tempered Richmond supporter

For want of a light hearted gag - how about to pasture.

His athletic ability, coupled with a dam such as Greg Williams daughter who would have a wonderful football brain, would fetch a mighty high price at the yearling auctions.

For the Mulders and Scullys among you :

Leave him out - the team wins more games with him in the stands than with him on the paddock !

seriously - its true - he's a bad luck charm.

and I'm not having a go at his abilities as a player, he's a champ, but a cursed one.

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back