Where were you 50 years ago when man landed on the moon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was 4 years old in Urbana Illinois. So this was a very early memory. I don't remember the landing but I distinctly remember that weekend because the cartoons were not on and my parents and their friend were watching the TV non-stop!

Last edited:

I was 4 years old in Urbana Illinois. So this was a very early memory. I don't remember the landing but I distinctly remember that weekend because the cartoons were not on and my parents and their friend were watching the TV non-stop!
what were you doing there?

I was in the CBD at Brash’s watching the moon landing with hundreds of other folk on black and white TV’s. You could cut the atmosphere with hot butter. I was standing on a milk grate when an elderly lady tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to step down.
I proceeded to spit at her feet and started thrusting my hips to “Here Comes the Sun”. She soon got it. God bless her sole.

When Lance Armstrong descended the ladder from his rocket, there was a dry eye in the house. There were high-fives galore and the elderly lady behind me was boiling her eyes out. We shared a tear and ended up going back to The Hotel Spencer for a few sherbets and a chicken parma. I had a few Split the Bill tokens and so got my meal for half price. I’ll never forget it.
its Neil Armstrong by the way.

I was in the CBD at Brash’s watching the moon landing with hundreds of other folk on black and white TV’s. You could cut the atmosphere with hot butter. I was standing on a milk grate when an elderly lady tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to step down.
I proceeded to spit at her feet and started thrusting my hips to “Here Comes the Sun”. She soon got it. God bless her sole.

When Lance Armstrong descended the ladder from his rocket, there was a dry eye in the house. There were high-fives galore and the elderly lady behind me was boiling her eyes out. We shared a tear and ended up going back to The Hotel Spencer for a few sherbets and a chicken parma. I had a few Split the Bill tokens and so got my meal for half price. I’ll never forget it.
Ya bastard. My Auntie always tells the Watching The Moon Landing story and how she was spat on by a guy in Orange and Yellow talking gibberish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He rode his bike there - I think thats when the suspicion he was using performance enhancing drugs emerged.
Spielberg paid homage to the event in ET
iu

I was contemplating the encouraging debut of a 17 year old kid named David Dench, and wondering whether he could keep the equally promising 18 year old Geoff Blethyn quiet when we played the scum in the upcoming match on Saturday.

He did.

Blethyn kicked 0:6.

North (reigning wooden spooners) beat the scum (previous years grand finalist) by 27 points at Arden Street (Best: McCarthy, B.Goodingham, Dwyer, Dowdle Goals: McCarthy 4, Kekovich 3, Wood 3, Dugdale 2)

what were you doing there?
Yeah... what were you doing there? My brother lives in Champaign. There's another BF poster who lived in Urbana. He had been a professor at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

Edited to add: the BF poster I mentioned was at Illinois State in Normal, not U of I in U-C. Sorry.

Last edited:
Form 4 (year 8) Imacculate Heart College, Preston, Victoria, Australia. Watching it in the science room in black and white (colour tv was still 7 years away) with our English literature teacher, Mr Burleigh, eating minties. Can’t remember how he got control of the science room.

I was contemplating the encouraging debut of a 17 year old kid named David Dench, and wondering whether he could keep the equally promising 18 year old Geoff Blethyn quiet when we played the scum in the upcoming match on Saturday.

He did.

Blethyn kicked 0:6.

North (reigning wooden spooners) beat the scum (previous years grand finalist) by 27 points at Arden Street (Best: McCarthy, B.Goodingham, Dwyer, Dowdle Goals: McCarthy 4, Kekovich 3, Wood 3, Dugdale 2)

Keka was on fire in ‘69. Think he got injured and after a promising start we fell apart. An all too regular North story in the ‘60’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back