Where will Brisbane finish in 2020?

Where will Brisbane finish in 2020?

• 2nd

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What about good performances, professional fitness staff ? The straight sets means nothing. They were extremely raw in finals experience the last 2 weeks. They will play finals next year.
Yeah no doubt but they had the draw of a bottom 6 side and took advantage. If they were the real deal they would have smashed GWS, but having said that they'll do better in finals next year.

A prelim at least. They'll win a final (QF or SF) at least. Depends if they have to go elsewhere though whether they go further - even 12 months out I can't see them beating Richmond at a MCG prelim if Brisbane went via the semis. Whereas at the Gabba they'll be even harder to beat

Next year should be a full tilt though. They carried some guys this year in the name of development, believe it or not for a top 4 side. Cam Rayner can consider himself very lucky to not miss a game averaging less than 10 disposals, while also not taking his opportunities around goals (20.25 for the year) and not getting up the ground much, and playing a comparatively low TOG%. Brisbane will be better for it in the long run but cost them at stages this year. Rayner had an awful year by every measure except "but he's young".
Answerth was actually decent but will be better for the run. Bailey was so-so at stages but persisted with.

They could have thrown it in with some of these young blokes and played the foot soldiers like Bastinac, Lester, Cutler - but they've nailed the part winning culture, part development season.

The aim will be to keep pressure on Rayner (Keays), Bailey (Cox), Answerth (Robertson), McInerney (Smith) etc next year. Either the best 22 Guys lift and improve and take the side past 2 finals losses, or the successful reserves side players will surely start getting their chances.

This is actually a great analysis and a refreshing change of pace from most of your boardmates.

If we were all in this year, you definitely wouldn't have seen Rayner, Bailey, Answerth etc as much as you did.

Straight sets despite two home finals vs interstate sides would suggest luck & a good draw had a bit to do with it.

Finishing top four kinda hurt them this season esspecially having to come up against a rampaging Richmond in the qualifyer! If they had finished 5th or 6th they probably win a final! having said that it was a hell of an effort to finish where they did from where they come from last season.

I think we're lucky that there's no big rule change coming up next year to impact the way we play our footy. Should still be transferable next year. Another year into the younger players and a few recruits should help offset a much harder draw somewhat.

Definitely won't finish top two again. That's probably a bridge too far. 4th-8th.

FreoGirl is cut about something, sheesh. Throwing the luck word around when her mob couldn’t even make the 8 and then the one grand final they ever made they choked.

For what it’s worth my bet is 6th.

Another off season into the young blokes and the mid-25 crew getting some more experience with the whole team receiving some finals experience will do them the world of good. One kick a bit straighter tonight/the double goal bullshit at the start of the game not occurring and we aren’t even discussing this.

The draw will be interesting.

To be fair, I'd be salty if year after year, gun players left my Fremantle club. Let her have something, she has been yearning for it since the Lachie Neale news hit trade period last year.
Definitely not a destination club. Also must hurt watching the Eagles feature in September almost every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought West Coast would have at least made a prelim with the addition of NicNat and Gaff... just goes to show you how hard it is to improve every year.

Lions draw was bloody good this year- of their double ups only one team made the Top 8 (Western Bulldogs). Bloody lucky with injuries too.

I think Top 4 is out of reach and missing out on finals altogether a possibility.

We will have a tougher draw, but we go into the offseason with no major injuries. The likes of Berry, Adams and Answerth will have a full preseason, Rayner will come back prepared (unlike this year) and McLuggage and Hipwood will be in their 4th to 5th seasons. Plus everybody is signed up and we might bring a another big fish in. I see us around the 4th-6th zone. 2021 will be our serious tilt.

I think their ladder position this year is inflated by having the best injury list of all time. They're a top 6 team but with everyone healthy their list isn't as strong as collingwood, geelong, west coast or GWS yet.

The good thing about the lions is next year they will have a tougher draw in theory but they'll still get to play the suns twice because it's a derby so no major disadvantage there.

They could still be a pretty good team but I don't think Brisbane will be as good next year. Loved their improvement this year, but I think 2020 will prove to be a more challenging season for the Lions. I'll be impressed if they finish in the top 4 again. Have a soft spot for them so I hope they do well, but I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the finals altogether next season. This does seem to get said every year, but I really do believe it is a pretty even comp right now so they could finish anywhere really. Going to be really interesting to see how they perform in 2020.

Somewhere in the 8, they will get a harder draw so if they stagnate a bit they’ll drop a few spots, but if they keep building they’ll stay up and give it a real shake. Last night will burn them so I can’t see them dropping like Melbourne.

Back