Prediction Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

• 16th

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • 17th

Votes: 165 35.9%
  • 18th

Votes: 221 48.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is proven at 19? Maybe 2% of players drafted like a Chris Judd. Are the Brown boys proven? Is Josh Daicos proven? Is Flynn appleby proven?
I’m sure everyone at Carlton believes that Finbar O’Dwyer is just as much chance at lining up in the midfield in 2019 as Sam Walsh! I mean, they are all just unproven at the end of the day

There's proven talent and there is potential.

You cannot label somone as talented if it is unproven at the level.

Otherwise you might as well include the Judd boys. I hear they dominate in the 3yo kindergarten playground...
So Quaynor is not talented?

Are you avoiding the point or just being an idiot?
Sam Walsh has proven his talent in the TAC cup for yearstjats why he went pick one. If a kid doesn’t prove he’s talented he doesn’t get drafted.
When they turn out like a Toumpas or a Trengove then you can say they’re not proven at AFL level.
So that means Walsh, Toumpas and Trengove are all equally talented?

Well I don’t think Newman plays half forward flank so Fisher should be fine

Answer this question without being a troll. Which played do you believe is the midfielder and which is the defender based off these stats. The left or right..
94E4D4E5-5362-4EA6-B1A0-75421BB0C484.jpeg

Sam Walsh has proven his talent in the TAC cup for yearstjats why he went pick one. If a kid doesn’t prove he’s talented he doesn’t get drafted.
When they turn out like a Toumpas or a Trengove then you can say they’re not proven at AFL level.
He's talented at junior level and you'd expect he'd be talented at AFL level, but there are never any guarantees.

But I'll give you Walsh to make you happy.

You're still a mile off.

For my benefit which depth midfielders do Melbourne have outside the best 22?

Not that this thread is about Melbourne but given you're extremely defensive about Carlton.

Billy Stretch
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Jayden Hunt
Kade Kolodashnij (Can't call him best 22 when he's yet to play for us)

Those four are the ones outside the 22 that have come in and played roles in the team for us through injury (KK being the exception), Hunt could be best 22 but he lost his spot in 2018.

We could use a little more midfield depth but luckily for us that we have players in the best 22 that are versatile and can fill holes in the midfield if needed.

These would have to be close to the two dumbest posts today.
Have you read your own posts? You're completely delusional.

You just proved his point, Toumpas was a talented junior and actually played well in the SANFL but couldn't translate to AFL level.

Trengove's career was destroyed by his foot injury.

So that means Walsh, Toumpas and Trengove are all equally talented?

No. Walsh is the best 18 year old in the country for starters. Second, players can have talent and fail for a number of reasons. That is again a straw man argument you are making

For the 64th time in this thread, he is another player with potential who is yet to prove his talent at AFL level.

Straw man argument again.

We aren’t talking about proven. We are talking strictly about talent. Talent which is blatantly obvious for all to see.

No AFL club would look at Sam Walsh and say, gee that kid just has everyday, regular talent. They say, ‘wow this kid has stand out talent!’

Chris Judd said paddy Dow was the most talented player he has seen in his time at Carlton. Is he wrong?

These players have huge potential based off guess what... TALENT

Not that this thread is about Melbourne but given you're extremely defensive about Carlton.

Billy Stretch
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Jayden Hunt
Kade Kolodashnij (Can't call him best 22 when he's yet to play for us)

Those four are the ones outside the 22 that have come in and played roles in the team for us through injury (KK being the exception), Hunt could be best 22 but he lost his spot in 2018.

We could use a little more midfield depth but luckily for us that we have players in the best 22 that are versatile and can fill holes in the midfield if needed.

Have you read your own posts? You're completely delusional.

You just proved his point, Toumpas was a talented junior and actually played well in the SANFL but couldn't translate to AFL level.

Trengove's career was destroyed by his foot injury.
Kennedy Harris
Hunt (backflanker)
Kolodjashnij
You call this depth?
I’m pretty sure you’ve proven the point to yourself.

Oh and all the kids drafted are exactly the same are they? Stop trolling you’re making a fool of yourself now.
I think this is the point most are trying to get across to you, not all kids progress the same either, some pick in the 40's could surprise and the #1 pick could flop.
Carlton supporters say Carlton rated Stocker at 6, hope that doesn't turn out like most #6 drafts have

Kennedy Harris
Hunt (backflanker)
Kolodjashnij
You call this depth?

Yes it's depth, they've actually played roles at AFL level.

Hunt was trialed further up the ground a bit in 2018 and lost his spot, so right now he's depth.

There's clearly no point going any further with you, you're off in your delusional fantasy world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clearly your bias and cant see it for what it is. Terrible

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If we turn back the hands of time 4-5 years, your list was equally as "putrid" as you say ours is now.

Get 80-100 games into the young draftees and look where you are now.

I'll remind you of this fact in 2-3 years time.

If we turn back the hands of time 4-5 years, your list was equally as "putrid" as you say ours is now.

Get 80-100 games into the young draftees and look where you are now.

I'll remind you of this fact in 2-3 years time.
Correct, if those players get to that many games, you would expect them to be performing.

But this thread is about where will Carlton finish next year.

I think this is the point most are trying to get across to you, not all kids progress the same either, some pick in the 40's could surprise and the #1 pick could flop.
Carlton supporters say Carlton rated Stocker at 6, hope that doesn't turn out like most #6 drafts have

You are literally arguing against points no one is making

You are literally arguing against points no one is making
And you just argue for the sake of arguing.

your list finished dead last this year, with a dismal %, most Carlton supporters say the midfield is your worst line.

So, this thread is about where will Carlton finish next year.

Potentially you have the makings of a good side, the talent is there, but realistically they need more game time to realise that talent, so for next year, i don't see much improvement.

And you just argue for the sake of arguing.

your list finished dead last this year, with a dismal %, most Carlton supporters say the midfield is your worst line.

So, this thread is about where will Carlton finish next year.

Potentially you have the makings of a good side, the talent is there, but realistically they need more game time to realise that talent, so for next year, i don't see much improvement.

Exactly.

The point here is that many players are reaching a level of maturity which should see them become solid contributors next year. As well as some nice additions through trade week, Carlton fans can look forward to improvement in 2019

Kennedy Harris
Hunt (backflanker)
Kolodjashnij
You call this depth?
There's also Stretch, Maynard, and Baker, as well as the mids we drafted this year, i.e. Sparrow, Jordon, Nietschke, C. Wagner.

Then there's our main rotating mids Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw, Harmes, Petracca, Jones, vandenBerg, Spargo, and Fritsch, who's earmarked for a wing role in 2019. Others such as Lewis, Neal-Bullen, Melksham and Salem can run through the midfield.

The last of our problems is "depth".

That's why we tapped Tyson on the shoulder and delisted Bugg.

Ok, if you can see that maturity, then good for you, but i haven't and by the looks of things, most non Carlton supporters haven't also

Last year we were lacking 22-26 y.o. players. Players who have enough preseasons under their belts to have consistent output. 2019 will see the below players added to that bracket:

Curnow, Marchbank, McGovern, Kennedy, Cuningham, Pickett, Fasolo, Newman, Garlett, Gibbons (potentially) Bugg, Goddard

This will make a significant difference in my view as we will no longer be forced to play 20 and unders.

Yes it's depth, they've actually played roles at AFL level.

Hunt was trialed further up the ground a bit in 2018 and lost his spot, so right now he's depth.

There's clearly no point going any further with you, you're off in your delusional fantasy world.
Let’s hope you don’t have a run of injuries to your midfield because that’s pretty lame depth

Back