Prediction Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

• 16th

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • 17th

Votes: 165 35.9%
  • 18th

Votes: 221 48.0%

• Total voters
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
14th-15th IMO - definite progress with some surprise wins, but there are a number of teams ahead in development. We'd be relying on some good teams really dropping their bundle to finish any higher.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
There is normally one side each year who has a late surge and rapid improvement that indicates a promising future ahead. Would not surprise me if it was Carlton this year....

Not sure if it will translate it many additional wins, but I think there will be significant gains on the field this year...

I think they will improve and win 4-6 games. So in the 16th - 18th range. A good year would be a few of the younger players who there are question marks over taking a leap forward and reducing the reliance they will have on the Cripps, Curnow and Docherty trio.

tigertigertiger

Club Legend
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t see much improvement at the moment, will battle Gold Coast for the spoon

Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think they will finish 17th. Should be a step above the Suns and a step below the teams in front of them. Could possibly finish a spot or two higher if things go extremely well, but it's pretty hard to see massive improvement coming so fast. I'd be pretty happy in Adelaide's shoes, top 3 pick seems pretty likely.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Alot will depend what game plan they go with. The year before when they were a low scoring defensive side they were hard to beat and troubled a few good sides. This year they opened themselves up and they just don't have the midfield. I'd like to see them shut up shop for another year and even if they only average 50-70 odd points a game they should aim to be a live chance at 3 qtr time of as many games as possible.

No one wants to see their side lose by 80 points every week. When Paul Roos came in he made us more competitive and it made it worth watching us again. Carlton need to do the same until their midfield improves.

Oct 5, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics
Spoon.

The Suns will be better than people think and finish above Carlton.

GC are pretty much starting from ground zero and have by far the weakest list in the comp.

If they finish above Carlton, then the Blues may as well shut up shop for good.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
GC are pretty much starting from ground zero and have by far the weakest list in the comp.

If they finish above Carlton, then the Blues may as well shut up shop for good.

There's still a fair bit of talent on their list, players like Rankine and Lukosius will have an impact early but their recruits like Hombsch, Horlin-Smith, Ellis, Miles, Murdoch while not superstars are good mature recruits.

The likes of Bowes, Ainsworth, Ah Chee, Brodie, Fiorini and Powell have improvement in them are balanced out by their mature recruits but also players like Swallow, Miller, Martin, Day, Wright, Witts, Weller, Nicholls, Sexton, Young, Hanley, Harbrow and Thompson.

They have enough talent mixed in with some experience to be better than people are thinking, still bottom 4 but I see them being better than Carlton.

Back