Prediction Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

• 16th

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • 17th

Votes: 165 35.9%
  • 18th

Votes: 221 48.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure what all that means or how it's relevant to my post but all I meant was that if Adelaide do get pick 1-3 in this years draft it would've been handy last year.
Don't disagree with you there at all, in my post I said that's where SOS and Agresta must've valued this year's batch of talented juniors.

I've a tendency to quote someone, then make a general comment to the rest of the thread. If you're not interested by the rest of it, don't mind me too much.

Aside from our co captain out again and other injuries.

The proof will be on field

Yes, however the list has improved during the off season, and is looking much more balanced

The only way is up for the blues, and it's difficult to see how on field results won't start to materialize.

Signs are looking good, it's an exciting time to be a blues fan

These guys are a disgrace.

We just lost away to a rising Suns outfit with 15 seconds on the clock.

If we got flogged by 6 goals plus, I'd agree with you, but this post firmly establishes your credentials as an ignorant Nuffie

Every club has issues.

Saints injuries are horrendous and their coach under huge pressure... They stand up.

Gold Coast have their captains walk out and they recruit rejects from other clubs... They stand up.

Carlton fans have been accepting this crap for years. When has been the last time they surprised the public and went above expectations . I honestly can't remember. Excuse after excuse.

SOS and Bolton are both up to their necks. Bolton has no idea. Sorry but they play a horrible style with no confidence.

We just lost away to a rising Suns outfit with 15 seconds on the clock.

If we got flogged by 6 goals plus, I'd agree with you, but this post firmly establishes your credentials as an ignorant Nuffie
Did you watch the game? Win or lose by a goal that was a horrendous display of AFL. They are years into a rebuild and still playing a directionless brand of football.

Carlton fans have been accepting this crap for years. When has been the last time they surprised the public and went above expectations . I honestly can't remember. Excuse after excuse.

What a load of disingenuous garbage.

Take it to the Bay.

You expect much better in year four of the rebuild, that much is certain. They're not being blown out in games, but they don't seem to play with any cohesive game plan. If they can't win five or six this season, then Bolton has to go.

Did you watch the game? Win or lose by a goal that was a horrendous display of AFL. They are years into a rebuild and still playing a directionless brand of football.

Piffle. Win-Loss record aside, Carlton have acquitted ourselves in all the games we have played so far.

We have mostly 16 kids playing on our starting 22 right now, and no, we ain't here to please neutral fans with our style of of footy. We'll be fine

I actually think their list is in pretty decent shape, not sold on Bolton though. I wonder if his job is still secure if results don’t start going their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s sad that Blues fans are accepting this performance.
On the other hand they have had worse for the past past 5 years.
They have enough good kids to be a good team but I think their loosing culture will be the hardest thing to overcome

I’m not at all, defending the indefensible at the moment.

Bolton looks like Brendan McCartney mark 2.

SOS has constructed a list and not bothered to recruit a single small forward in 4 drafts.

SOS strategy is to get 1st round picks, or former injury broken 1st round picks.

It’s sad that Blues fans are accepting this performance.
On the other hand they have had worse for the past past 5 years.
They have enough good kids to be a good team but I think their loosing culture will be the hardest thing to overcome
There is a lot of Key Position talent on the list and some good quality young mids but we have no players that give us some speed and dash off the halfback line or up forward.

Williamson and Pickett can help fix those issues but we will be lucky to see either this year, also the young mids don't get their hands on the football enough and only time will change that. As a supporter I accept that it is going to be another long year, recruiting team have their work cut out to find a senior mid or 2 to ease the pressure on cripps & finding some speed at both ends.

After Gold Coast, Saints and Brisbane all started well, I think that just emphasises the issues that Carlton have. I don’t understand why some of the blues fans seem happy with Bolton; as far as I can tell they haven’t really progressed in seasons despite great players being present. They also lost a bunch of close games last year, and the year before.

I don’t know, they aren’t my team so what do I know. But really, I thought Gold Ciast were going to be the worst team and yet Carlton have somehow gotten those honours again

It's been apparent for some time that Carlton could go 0-22 and many of their supporters would have you believe they're tracking nicely.

If there's a more delusional bunch of idolaters let me know who they are.

They're coached by a pipsqueak school teacher who'd grate on you every time he opened his mouth. I'd be shocked if the players don't roll their eyes behind his back every chance they get.

Last edited:
You expect much better in year four of the rebuild, that much is certain. They're not being blown out in games, but they don't seem to play with any cohesive game plan. If they can't win five or six this season, then Bolton has to go.

3 wins 33 losses from their last 36 games.

That is a worse record than Melbourne under Mark Neeld.

Back