Prediction Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

• 16th

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • 17th

Votes: 165 35.9%
  • 18th

Votes: 221 48.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And majority of the others, those players wanted out. Of the players mentioned, from memory only Garlett and Robinson were actively off loaded.......................

Garlett demanded to be out - stated he would simply walk. Robinson was discipline. The thought he was 50 Cent.

And their in lies the problem.

Btw define ‘won’

Carlton supporters too busy cupping sos balls for “winning” trades (in their eyes)at trade time rather than he compiling a list that actually is winning GAMES.

#insoswetrust
You've probably confused list management with player development.

Last edited:

Just did the ladder predictor and have us finishing 10th. Will likely lose to Geelong, Collingwood, West Coast and GWS, but most likely win the majority of the other games.
Really? Thats interesting. I did the ladder predictor and have us finishing first after winning the next 19 games in a row.

And their in lies the problem.

Btw define ‘won’

Carlton supporters too busy cupping sos balls for “winning” trades (in their eyes)at trade time rather than he compiling a list that actually is winning GAMES.

#insoswetrust

Mate - Richmon lose Rance, Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Martin and everyone is blathering on about how hard it will be for them - Carlton has had twice that number out for the last two years nearly and not a word about it.

Williamson, Kruzer, Pickett, Marchbank, Docherty, Lang, Curnow, Maccreadie, Tom DeKoning - and thats just this year - we had twice that last year including players like Cripps.

But nah - injuries aren't a concern for Carlton - only Richmond.

I'm not going to back away from the list issues at Carlton - we need another ruck and some small forwards - but the blatant reality is that our coach is a complete hack. Should of been gone at the end of last season.

He appears to be excellent at player development and team "bonding", along with an exemplary grasp of popular vernacular and pithy jingoism but has the tactical nouse of a fruit bat.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt after last year with the insane injury list we carried - would have been utterly absurd not to. But the coaching display I have seen this year has been deplorable.

Quite frankly I honestly feel as though he has too much invested in growth and character development, important, but zero invested in reality checks and a few hard truths.

Really? Thats interesting. I did the ladder predictor and have us finishing first after winning the next 19 games in a row.

First time I did it I got the same result as you, so I went in a little bit more conservatively next time. That said, it's hard to see us losing a game for the remainder of the season.

Its pretty well accepted that Bolton only did well because he had Neil Craig running the tactical / game day coaching for him.

It is? Got a link or anything?

Garlett demanded to be out - stated he would simply walk. Robinson was discipline. The thought he was 50 Cent.

Fair enough, like I said 'from memory'. So yet another one who wanted out rather than us simply trading away reasonable players.

Can't say I blame those players unfortunately.

Last edited:
Mate - Richmon lose Rance, Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Martin and everyone is blathering on about how hard it will be for them - Carlton has had twice that number out for the last two years nearly and not a word about it.

Williamson, Kruzer, Pickett, Marchbank, Docherty, Lang, Curnow, Maccreadie, Tom DeKoning - and thats just this year - we had twice that last year including players like Cripps.

notsureifserious.jpg

That list of players wouldn't provide half as much value as the 4 mentioned for Richmond, hell probably not 1/4.

They’re surely favourites to win the spoon now, which would be pretty disastrous given the pick swap last year with Adelaide.

It’s very easy to kick a team when they’re down. Would narrowly beating Gold Coast have made their situation any different apart from the resulting noise? It’s also pretty clear they are not as terrible as last year’s iteration.

Carlton have had to come from a very long way back. It’s easy to pan decisions like letting Eddie Betts go and signing Dale Thomas in hindsight but at the time many questioned the money Adelaide had offered Betts and Thomas had been thought of as a top 5-10 player in the comp not long before crossing to the Blues. Perhaps more could’ve been done to keep a few of Tuohy, Henderson, Waite, Jeff Garlett & Robinson around to help out a younger side. However, some players probably didn’t want to do that and others had discipline problems. The Gibbs trade will take years to determine if there is a real winner.

Long story short, the list that Bolton took over was as putrid as it gets.

All that taken into consideration, the last year and a bit in football terms are unacceptable. 3 wins from 36 and even longer without scoring 100 points is about as terrible as it gets for supporters. When Bolton took over in 2016 and for at least the first part of 2017 there was at least a sound team defensive mechanism. That has pretty much disappeared and the scoring has gotten worse. The jury is still out on many on the list and then there is the unknown damage that constantly losing does to the psyche of the group.

You have to question what the administration is doing in all of this. Was Silvagni the best appointment as list manager? Or was he headhunted because he was formerly of Carlton? Is Robert Walls the best judge of how someone is coaching in the 21st Century? Or is he there because he was formerly of Carlton? The club still seems to operate like it is in the 80s or 90s while the rest of the competition has moved on.
They have always had the messiah complex, Pratt, Judd, Malthouse and now SOS. Bring in the Messiah and he will fix everything. I feel they have good operators in there now in Kane Liddle and Brad Lloyd however SOS wields too much power from what I have heard.

This list is poor but honestly they should be sneaking wins here and there. They have probably the one of the best mids in the game, a couple of decent forwards and 2 backs who are good enough against most key forwards.

There is no way a decent coach wouldn’t have them winning a few games here and there.

It’s like they have accepted they will be a rabble and one day a switch will flick.

I'm not going to back away from the list issues at Carlton - we need another ruck and some small forwards - but the blatant reality is that our coach is a complete hack. Should of been gone at the end of last season.

He appears to be excellent at player development and team "bonding", along with an exemplary grasp of popular vernacular and pithy jingoism but has the tactical nouse of a fruit bat.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt after last year with the insane injury list we carried - would have been utterly absurd not to. But the coaching display I have seen this year has been deplorable.

Quite frankly I honestly feel as though he has too much invested in growth and character development, important, but zero invested in reality checks and a few hard truths.
Maybe because every one of those players (excl Docerty) has not shown any ability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This list is poor but honestly they should be sneaking wins here and there. They have probably the one of the best mids in the game, a couple of decent forwards and 2 backs who are good enough against most key forwards.

There is no way a decent coach wouldn’t have them winning a few games here and there.

It’s like they have accepted they will be a rabble and one day a switch will flick.

I’m thinking we have Brendan McCartney 2.0

To be fair, its like yourself and a lot of other supporters believe the only 2 possible positions are 'accepting being a rabble' and sacking everyone.

Most Blues supporters sit somewhere in the middle.

You would take the Blues list ahead of your own team?

Why not change clubs then?

Blues need to win aome games and importantly show some form of improvement in their game plan and execution or Bolton must go.

They have the cattle. They look like they have heart. So why havent they done what the Lions and Suns are doing?

The only out is theyve played Pies and Tigers two top teams.

Tsk Tsk , typical West Corp shareholder attitude.... because I’ll never change successful or not

What have the other teams done ? Suns beat them on the last kick of the day , I still believe in their players are pretty good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tsk Tsk , typical West Corp shareholder attitude.... because I’ll never change successful or not

What have the other teams done ? Suns beat them on the last kick of the day , I still believe in their players are pretty good

What language are you speaking?

That is a strangely structured comment that really doesnt say much at all.

Other than an obvious and understandable jealously of the Eagles success the rest is just weird.

Anyway back to Carlton.

Williamson, Pickett, DeKong, lang you couldn't make list like that with a straight face.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

You've probably confused list management with player development.
so you are effectively absolving SOS of any blame and blaming the coaching team for all of Carltons crap players?

What language are you speaking?

That is a strangely structured comment that really doesnt say much at all.

Other than an obvious and understandable jealously of the Eagles success the rest is just weird.

Anyway back to Carlton.

What language are you speaking

What the hell does “ win aome games mean “ headmistress

Who do you think is crap that SOS has given up higher value than what they are worth?

SOS doesn't do all the drafting by the way - we have a recruiting team.
without being bothered to go through all of his exact trades giving up what will effectively be pick 1 this year is a good start

without being bothered to go through all of his exact trades giving up what will effectively be pick 1 this year is a good start
So basing your argument off a trade that really hasn't even taken place yet. Adelaide look to be bottom 6 so it will probably be a few pick downgrades - not even that big a deal. The list management team clearly made a decision based on an assumption we would rise up the ladder - backing the players and coaching staff in.

The only trade SOS has ****ed up I think is giving up a decent amount for Matt Kennedy from GWS - just doesn't look that good. He's also been shithouse at picking up DFA - O'shea, Mullet, Fasolo, Bugg - yuck! I'm all for a DFA or two to fill a gap but he's picked up some really poor ones. Also unsure if he is to blame or our recruiting team but we haven't found anyone decent late in the draft.

Are you implying SOS is personally responsible for the players reaching their potential?
How do you know that they aren't reaching their potential?

Back